Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

UFA signings


Recommended Posts

Dreger suggests Hamilton and NJ haven't officially signed yet, still going back and forth on details. Likely still gets done, but damn I wish MB would pick up the phone and pounce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Wow, the Oilers dishing out weird long-term deals like there‘s no tomorrow :lol:

Its such a mess there.

$31m to their top 4 forwards, $20m to their top 4 D  with Nurse needing a big raise (or going UFA) next year... $8m to their goalies...   They only have 9 forwards signed and are already pretty much at the cap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Getzlaf stays in Anaheim

Expected but I actually really hoped we would sign him. 
 

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Dreger suggests Hamilton and NJ haven't officially signed yet, still going back and forth on details. Likely still gets done, but damn I wish MB would pick up the phone and pounce.

We can hope...but yeah prob not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I can't believe people forgot to mention that we signed Jean-Sebastian Dea . :ph34r:

The contract will pay him $750,000 at the NHL level, with an AHL salary of $450,000.

Dea is 27 years old and is listed at 5’11”, 168 pounds. He has spent time in the organizations of the Pittsburgh Penguins, New Jersey Devils, and Buffalo Sabres, and will provide the organization with some added depth up front.

He has played 33 career NHL games, scoring five goals and adding two assists. This past season, he played one NHL game, going pointless. Most of his time this season was with the Rochester Americans of the AHL where he had six goals and nine assists in 15 games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

Also. I am totally fine with the Paquette and Wideman deals. 

Character signing

Wideman, as you may remember, was in the infamous Uber dashcam video in which he and several other Ottawa Senators players were recorded off the record, heard insulting multiple parts of the Senators organization. He then went to Edmonton in a small trade, then a few months later was flipped to Florida for Alex Petrovic, and from there was again sent packing to Pittsburgh for Jean-Sebastien Dea, who, incidentally, has also been signed by the Canadiens today.

Wideman played the next year in San Diego in the AHL, before heading over to the KHL last year, where he led all defencemen in scoring with nine goals and 32 assists, placing him top-25 in overall KHL scoring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Also. I am totally fine with the Paquette and Wideman deals. I don't really care about getting those players, but at least it's one-year terms and affordable AAV. Maybe Wideman ends up being better than I would expect.

Totally. Its unlikely he'll be anything more than a depth guy but thats what we've paid him to be, so there's certainly a chance for it to be better than expected and not worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Character signing

Wideman, as you may remember, was in the infamous Uber dashcam video in which he and several other Ottawa Senators players were recorded off the record, heard insulting multiple parts of the Senators organization. He then went to Edmonton in a small trade, then a few months later was flipped to Florida for Alex Petrovic, and from there was again sent packing to Pittsburgh for Jean-Sebastien Dea, who, incidentally, has also been signed by the Canadiens today.

Wideman played the next year in San Diego in the AHL, before heading over to the KHL last year, where he led all defencemen in scoring with nine goals and 32 assists, placing him top-25 in overall KHL scoring.

Bergevin is on a roll with the "character" acquisitions this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

LOL. Has the interest in him been that low? If I'm Bergevin I am low-balling him now. Three years, 4M per. :lol:

It would be funny if we ended up signing him for less than what we purportedly offered before. haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L changed the title to UFA signings
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...