Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Goodbye Marc


Recommended Posts

Finally The Owner "Mr. Molson" has a pretty good excuse to rid himself of the worst General Manager in the NHL.

Our number 3 overall pick will walk away and Montreal will lose a super talented center.

Mark Bergevin, according to "Department of Psychology - McGill University"

Grandiose narcissism is characterized by high self–esteem, interpersonal dominance and a tendency to overestimate one’s capabilities.

Goodby Marc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canadiens-Sont-La said:

Finally The Owner "Mr. Molson" has a pretty good excuse to rid himself of the worst General Manager in the NHL.

Our number 3 overall pick will walk away and Montreal will lose a super talented center.

Mark Bergevin, according to "Department of Psychology - McGill University"

Grandiose narcissism is characterized by high self–esteem, interpersonal dominance and a tendency to overestimate one’s capabilities.

Goodby Marc...

I've been trying to say this forever, but, maybe not so eloquently. Can not, as a GM, take things so personal.  Consistent liar. & a hypocrite. Just another Hab with 9 lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canadiens-Sont-La said:

Finally The Owner "Mr. Molson" has a pretty good excuse to rid himself of the worst General Manager in the NHL.

Our number 3 overall pick will walk away and Montreal will lose a super talented center.

Mark Bergevin, according to "Department of Psychology - McGill University"

Grandiose narcissism is characterized by high self–esteem, interpersonal dominance and a tendency to overestimate one’s capabilities.

Goodby Marc...

I see that we’re going to lose Kotkaneimi, but who is the super talented Center we’re going to lose?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

56 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I see that we’re going to lose Kotkaneimi, but who is the super talented Center we’re going to lose?

 Why would anyone lose their job over a player being grossly overpaid by another team?  Now if MB was to pay JK 6.1 M for 1 year I could see grounds for termination.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

 

 Why would anyone lose their job over a player being grossly overpaid by another team?  Now if MB was to pay JK 6.1 M for 1 year I could see grounds for termination.  

If that's the case then they better prepare the pink slip because i think he's going to match. When the decision was made to let Dano walk and no other quality center was acquired with the cap room he had available this summer to replace him,,, then the writing was on the wall that KK was in the plans going forward. Losing 2 of your top 3 centers without a back up plan is suicide IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

 

 Why would anyone lose their job over a player being grossly overpaid by another team?  Now if MB was to pay JK 6.1 M for 1 year I could see grounds for termination.  

I think it's the sum of all the mistakes & miscalculations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

If that's the case then they better prepare the pink slip because i think he's going to match. When the decision was made to let Dano walk and no other quality center was acquired with the cap room he had available this summer to replace him,,, then the writing was on the wall that KK was in the plans going forward. Losing 2 of your top 3 centers without a back up plan is suicide IMO.

I'm sure he'll include Molson on any forthcoming decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RCAF48 said:

 

 Why would anyone lose their job over a player being grossly overpaid by another team?  Now if MB was to pay JK 6.1 M for 1 year I could see grounds for termination.  

Yes and in an ironic twist lets not forget that Waddell said he was surprised Montreal didn't offer-sheet  Aho more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

If that's the case then they better prepare the pink slip because i think he's going to match. When the decision was made to let Dano walk and no other quality center was acquired with the cap room he had available this summer to replace him,,, then the writing was on the wall that KK was in the plans going forward. Losing 2 of your top 3 centers without a back up plan is suicide IMO.

I'm trying to think of what quality centres were available and at what price that Bergevin could have dealt for while not knowing at the time that Carolina would offer- sheet KK ? Bergevin still has some cap space from Weber and there had been rumours most of the summer  of how he and Buffalo were in talks about Eichel ( but the price was probably for the less than the $1 mill RFA  and gifted Suzuki  ) .Romanov , N.S.  and Caulfield are on the horizon . Everyone seemed to be in agreement that Dano was over-paid with term  by LA and the cap these days isn't exactly an expanding universe ...who knew Waddell was such a sore loser after retaining Aho at a reduced  price ( according to him )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

I'm trying to think of what quality centres were available and at what price that Bergevin could have dealt for while not knowing at the time that Carolina would offer- sheet KK ? Bergevin still has some cap space from Weber and there had been rumours most of the summer  of how he and Buffalo were in talks about Eichel ( but the price was probably for the less than the $1 mill RFA  and gifted Suzuki  ) .Romanov , N.S.  and Caulfield are on the horizon . Everyone seemed to be in agreement that Dano was over-paid with term  by LA and the cap these days isn't exactly an expanding universe ...who knew Waddell was such a sore loser after retaining Aho at a reduced  price ( according to him )

I would have rather given Dano the extra million that was the reported difference between both parties rather then the 3 extra mill it will now cost to hold on to KK. Poor asset management by MB IMO. You make sure you have one under contract before closing the door on the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

I would have rather given Dano the extra million that was the reported difference between both parties rather then the 3 extra mill it will now cost to hold on to KK. Poor asset management by MB IMO. You make sure you have one under contract before closing the door on the other.

 hindsight is 20/20 and way before it was disclosed that Weber would be out for the year and the Habs would have his cap space available Montreal offered him a pretty good deal ...I really like Danault but he can't score and is overpaid for that reason .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

I'm trying to think of what quality centres were available and at what price that Bergevin could have dealt for while not knowing at the time that Carolina would offer- sheet KK ? Bergevin still has some cap space from Weber and there had been rumours most of the summer  of how he and Buffalo were in talks about Eichel ( but the price was probably for the less than the $1 mill RFA  and gifted Suzuki  ) .Romanov , N.S.  and Caulfield are on the horizon . Everyone seemed to be in agreement that Dano was over-paid with term  by LA and the cap these days isn't exactly an expanding universe ...who knew Waddell was such a sore loser after retaining Aho at a reduced  price ( according to him )

Not sure how MB couldn't have known that an OS would be coming from Waddell! Waddell himself 2 years ago said he was going to OS KK when he became an RFA, MB's response was I will make sure to lock up my young players before their contract expires to avoid such a circumstance. Yet here we are 2 years later KK not under contract and Waddell holds true to his statement. KK was probably given the OS as soon as FA opened the fact that he waited a month basically to sign it shows that he was hoping to get a deal done with the Habs. MB is screwing himself right out of our best talent by bringing in too many wingers and depth D men on big contracts and undervaluing our young center's. I bet Zuke will get an OS as well and then it becomes an issue of how do we match that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

If that's the case then they better prepare the pink slip because i think he's going to match. When the decision was made to let Dano walk and no other quality center was acquired with the cap room he had available this summer to replace him,,, then the writing was on the wall that KK was in the plans going forward. Losing 2 of your top 3 centers without a back up plan is suicide IMO.

I seem to remember losing the entire left side of our D one offseason.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I would have rather given Dano the extra million that was the reported difference between both parties rather then the 3 extra mill it will now cost to hold on to KK. Poor asset management by MB IMO. You make sure you have one under contract before closing the door on the other.

Yep

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

You never know he may pull a center out of his hat! lol! lets wait and see what comes of this right now it sucks big but we may end up dodging a bullet here and Carolina's revenge may just bite them in the but.

LOL...He certainly won't be pulling a center out of his hat. His ass maybe! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

You never know he may pull a center out of his hat! lol! lets wait and see what comes of this right now it sucks big but we may end up dodging a bullet here and Carolina's revenge may just bite them in the but.

Apparently MB has been calling around offering Carolina's 1st and 3rd to see what that will bring back.
Id hate to lose JK but if we could somehow use that 1st & 3rd plus a couple of other assets and grab a guy like Eichel, I could live with losing him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Canadiens-Sont-La said:

Finally The Owner "Mr. Molson" has a pretty good excuse to rid himself of the worst General Manager in the NHL.

Our number 3 overall pick will walk away and Montreal will lose a super talented center.

Mark Bergevin, according to "Department of Psychology - McGill University"

Grandiose narcissism is characterized by high self–esteem, interpersonal dominance and a tendency to overestimate one’s capabilities.

Goodby Marc...

I would love to see MB shown the door but to call KK super talented is a joke.  He was a poor choice for third overall but that really doesn't surprise me with scouting staff.  No way is KK worth 6 mil be nice if they could both pack at the same time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Marc Bergevin won't lose his job for this, no matter what the outcome.

Agree- GM’s lose their job for failing to make the playoffs and losing the ticket revenue. I haven’t seen one or a coach lose their job for anything else other than embarrassing the franchise culture by sexual, racist or demeaning behavior (Bill Peters etc.) 

Losing or overpaying KK, drafting Logan Mailloux, trading Sergachev for Drouin,  misfiring on Galchenyuk and several other screwups are offset by being finalists last year, signing some positive free agents,  drafting or trading for Caufield, Suzuki, Petry, Romanov having a reasonable high rated prospect pool at defense for the future etc. 

This is an overly critical subject post which is the easiest path to choose of seeing all the warts and pimples when there are some good achievements. No offering of a better replacement GM was provided. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...