The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Christian Dvorak

Dvorak sprinting out of the gate

Scoring a power-play goal and notching three assists is a fine way to make your debut as a Montreal Canadien, but there’s much more to Dvorak’s game.

There’s even more to it than Ducharme assumed there was after diving deep on the player who was traded to the Canadiens from the Arizona Coyotes for two draft picks following Jesperi Kotkaniemi’s departure for Carolina on a $6.1-million offer sheet at the beginning of September.

“I knew he was a complete, solid hockey player,” the coach said. “I see little things (that make me realize) he’s even smarter than I thought.

“As a person, he’s a really focused guy. He’s having fun quietly with the guys, but he comes in and he’s pretty business. I think that’s one of the reason he’s reacting that way on the ice is because he pays attention to every little thing that a hockey player needs to be paying attention to be successful, and there’s a reason he’s playing that way — his focus, the way he handles himself. I think he’s going to become, down the road, like a really quiet leader. Just the way he plays will influence a lot of his teammates.”

Dvorak plays the right way, and that will do much to account for the loss of Phillip Danault to the Los Angeles Kings in free agency. We knew that already.

Personally, I didn’t realize how fast he was. I didn’t think that was a hallmark of his game, but he appeared to be perfectly in step with two of the team’s biggest burners on Monday.

That line, if it stays together, should be money.   Playmaker (Drouin), Two way forward (Dvorak) and Power forward (Anderson).  Could really work well, especially if the Toffoli/Suzuki/CC line draws the other teams' top checkers. Probably our best top 9 in a couple of decades - and we still have Gallagher and Hoffman on the other lines! crazy. A few years ago a guy like Armia would have been on our top line. lol. 

Im looking forward to what Dvorak can do here. I still think there's untapped potential there & hope we see it. 

I actually get the sense that MB was looking to acquire Dvorak for most of the offseason. I think the asking price (1st) was too rich for him (especially with the draft being in montreal) but when we lost JK and had that extra first, he saw the opportunity.    I think he would have loved to have gone into the season  Suzuki-Dvorak-JK-Evans.  Now we need someone (poehling?) to really step up. 

51 minutes ago, maas_art said:

That line, if it stays together, should be money.   Playmaker (Drouin), Two way forward (Dvorak) and Power forward (Anderson).  Could really work well, especially if the Toffoli/Suzuki/CC line draws the other teams' top checkers. Probably our best top 9 in a couple of decades - and we still have Gallagher and Hoffman on the other lines! crazy. A few years ago a guy like Armia would have been on our top line. lol. 

Im looking forward to what Dvorak can do here. I still think there's untapped potential there & hope we see it. 

I actually get the sense that MB was looking to acquire Dvorak for most of the offseason. I think the asking price (1st) was too rich for him (especially with the draft being in montreal) but when we lost JK and had that extra first, he saw the opportunity.    I think he would have loved to have gone into the season  Suzuki-Dvorak-JK-Evans.  Now we need someone (poehling?) to really step up. 

I think he is one of the best pickups we have had in some time and we have had a couple of solid ones the last couple of years!

7 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Dvorak sprinting out of the gate

Scoring a power-play goal and notching three assists is a fine way to make your debut as a Montreal Canadien, but there’s much more to Dvorak’s game.

There’s even more to it than Ducharme assumed there was after diving deep on the player who was traded to the Canadiens from the Arizona Coyotes for two draft picks following Jesperi Kotkaniemi’s departure for Carolina on a $6.1-million offer sheet at the beginning of September.

“I knew he was a complete, solid hockey player,” the coach said. “I see little things (that make me realize) he’s even smarter than I thought.

“As a person, he’s a really focused guy. He’s having fun quietly with the guys, but he comes in and he’s pretty business. I think that’s one of the reason he’s reacting that way on the ice is because he pays attention to every little thing that a hockey player needs to be paying attention to be successful, and there’s a reason he’s playing that way — his focus, the way he handles himself. I think he’s going to become, down the road, like a really quiet leader. Just the way he plays will influence a lot of his teammates.”

Dvorak plays the right way, and that will do much to account for the loss of Phillip Danault to the Los Angeles Kings in free agency. We knew that already.

Personally, I didn’t realize how fast he was. I didn’t think that was a hallmark of his game, but he appeared to be perfectly in step with two of the team’s biggest burners on Monday.

Phillip who?