The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Injuries

Looking at the hit on Hoffman by Seider, how was that NOT a penalty? Seider left his feet,  and hit Hoffman high, causing him to hit his head along the glass. Hoffman will probably miss a few games now,  due to concussion protocol.   Unbelievable. 

11 hours ago, electron58 said:

Looking at the hit on Hoffman by Seider, how was that NOT a penalty? Seider left his feet,  and hit Hoffman high, causing him to hit his head along the glass. Hoffman will probably miss a few games now,  due to concussion protocol.   Unbelievable. 

Agreed, looks pretty obvious to me.

7 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

If so perhaps we should stop paying him his millions.......

Yeah, that's a slippery slope.  With his Dad the way he is, and the Team the way it is, Can be a big influence on his desire to play right now.

13 hours ago, electron58 said:

Yeah, that's a slippery slope.  With his Dad the way he is, and the Team the way it is, Can be a big influence on his desire to play right now.

I know but at the end of the day he is getting paid insane money to play a game he loves and he has to be there. if not take a leave to take care of your dad.

We're missing

- Byron

- Paquette

- Perreault

- Price

- Edmundson

- Hoffman

- Allen

Not going to count Weber since he's for all intents and purposes retired and not someone we're waiting on to return. MB seems to have known since the playoffs last year that he'd be done and could have/should have planned for that.

But look at that list. We talk about how we'll be better if/when the injured players return, but other than the goalies, who on that list is moving the needle so substantially that it makes us a playoff team. We were bad even when we had Paquette, Perreault, Hoffman, and Allen in the line-up. And Price coming back doesn't suddenly make the D corps more competent or give us a second top 6 center. Byron last year had trouble cracking the line-up at times and was for the most part a 4th liner. Edmundson played well with Petry but less well when not with him and is really a supporting cast player who doesn't address the biggest deficiencies with that D corps. And let's remember that Price played poorly for long stretches in the regular season and is hardly the savior he once was. I think even with a fully-healthy roster, this team is a bit better but still far from being a playoff team.

15 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

We're missing

- Byron

- Paquette

- Perreault

- Price

- Edmundson

- Hoffman

- Allen

Not going to count Weber since he's for all intents and purposes retired and not someone we're waiting on to return. MB seems to have known since the playoffs last year that he'd be done and could have/should have planned for that.

But look at that list. We talk about how we'll be better if/when the injured players return, but other than the goalies, who on that list is moving the needle so substantially that it makes us a playoff team. We were bad even when we had Paquette, Perreault, Hoffman, and Allen in the line-up. And Price coming back doesn't suddenly make the D corps more competent or give us a second top 6 center. Byron last year had trouble cracking the line-up at times and was for the most part a 4th liner. Edmundson played well with Petry but less well when not with him and is really a supporting cast player who doesn't address the biggest deficiencies with that D corps. And let's remember that Price played poorly for long stretches in the regular season and is hardly the savior he once was. I think even with a fully-healthy roster, this team is a bit better but still far from being a playoff team.

Yeah that is pretty much what we have all been saying, we will be better but not great or even good really. That is why we pretty much all want MB and this coach who I like many others feel is in over his head gone!

15 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

We needed a lot of IF's to have a reasonable season, and this was a house of cards. IMO this falls more on Bergevin vs. Ducharme but a new GM will likely want his own coach. I see some building blocks in our prospect pool but Molson has to pause on drinking his own product, and move on from the red suit! 

On 11/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, BigTed3 said:

And let's remember that Price played poorly for long stretches in the regular season and is hardly the savior he once was. I think even with a fully-healthy roster, this team is a bit better but still far from being a playoff team.

You have to wonder how long Price has been struggling with substance abuse.   Does his return mean we get vintage Price? or does his past abuse have no real impact on his game. This will be interesting to see.  Obviously first and foremost its about him getting healthy - but i am interested to see how this impacts our team too. 

On 11/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, BigTed3 said:

But look at that list. We talk about how we'll be better if/when the injured players return, but other than the goalies, who on that list is moving the needle so substantially that it makes us a playoff team. 

And thats why this year is a write off.   If we had been healthy all year i think we're a bubble team. Maybe slightly better if some guys like Toffoli or Caufield had caught fire. But with the hole we've dug?   If we get back to being a 'respectable' middle of the pack team we cant overcome the deficit. All we'll do is make our draft pick worth less. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

You have to wonder how long Price has been struggling with substance abuse.   Does his return mean we get vintage Price? or does his past abuse have no real impact on his game. This will be interesting to see.  Obviously first and foremost its about him getting healthy - but i am interested to see how this impacts our team too. 

Maybe the substance were painkillers?