Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Prospects


electron58
 Share

Recommended Posts

Joshua Roy          Sherbrooke       GP 16    G11    A 19    TP 30     leads team

Xavier Simoneau Charlottetown    GP 15    G 7    A 21    TP 28     leads team

Riley Kidney         Bathurst            GP 18    G12    A 15    TP 27     leads team

Jan Mysak            Hamilton            GP 14    G10    A 6      TP 16     leads team

Kaiden Guhle       Prince Albert      GP 12     G 0    A 12    TP 12     leads team

Arber Xhekaj        Kitchener           GP 10    G 3    A 7      TP 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sean Farrell       LF         Harvard             GP  6     G  5     A  6     TP  11     leads team

Jordan Harris    LD         Northeastern     GP 12    G  2     A  7    TP    9

Jayden Struble  LD         Northeastern     GP  12   G  2     A  2    TP    4

Jack Smith         LF         Sioux Falls         GP   9    G  2     A  1    TP    3

Luke Tuch          LF          Boston U.          GP   3    G  0     A  0    TP    0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I missing something?  I don't see Josh Brook listed anywhere on the Laval Roster. Upon doing a further search, I found an older page that showed him with a red plus beside his name. He also hadn't played any games thus far. Do we know what is going on with him? I thought he was one of our better D prospects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, electron58 said:

Am I missing something?  I don't see Josh Brook listed anywhere on the Laval Roster. Upon doing a further search, I found an older page that showed him with a red plus beside his name. He also hadn't played any games thus far. Do we know what is going on with him? I thought he was one of our better D prospects.

He's still out with a knee injury. Last update i believe was out until late this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xavier Simoneau Charlottetown    GP 17    G10    A 24    TP 34     leads league

Joshua Roy          Sherbrooke       GP 19    G12    A 20    TP 32     leads team

Riley Kidney         Bathurst            GP 20    G13    A 17    TP 30     leads team

Jan Mysak            Hamilton            GP 16    G13    A  8     TP 21    

Kaiden Guhle       Prince Albert      GP 14    G 0    A 12    TP 12     leads team - tied

Arber Xhekaj        Kitchener           GP 13    G 4    A 7      TP 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, electron58 said:

Xavier Simoneau Charlottetown    GP 17    G10    A 24    TP 34     leads league

Joshua Roy          Sherbrooke       GP 19    G12    A 20    TP 32     leads team

Riley Kidney         Bathurst            GP 20    G13    A 17    TP 30     leads team

Jan Mysak            Hamilton            GP 16    G13    A  8     TP 21    

Kaiden Guhle       Prince Albert      GP 14    G 0    A 12    TP 12     leads team - tied

Arber Xhekaj        Kitchener           GP 13    G 4    A 7      TP 10

You have to feel for Guhle - likely last year of junior and his team is crap so he has very few complimentary pieces to shine on stats. Hope he has a good national junior team experience over the holiday tournament. 

Arber X - an undrafted walk-on, and overager - He's unlikely to make the nhl roster jump but his toughness could land him a spot as a 5-6 pairing ceiling 

Simoneau - small over ager but the heart of a Gallagher - be interesting to see how far he goes when he does land in Laval

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, claremont said:

You have to feel for Guhle - likely last year of junior and his team is crap so he has very few complimentary pieces to shine on stats. Hope he has a good national junior team experience over the holiday tournament. 

Good preparation for him, before he makes the big club.

Arber X - an undrafted walk-on, and overager - He's unlikely to make the nhl roster jump but his toughness could land him a spot as a 5-6 pairing ceiling.

Definitely has an edge to his game.  Could surprise!

Simoneau - small over ager but the heart of a Gallagher - be interesting to see how far he goes when he does land in Laval.

A battler.  Too bad about his size, but,  excels at every level. A puck hound!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joshua Roy          Sherbrooke       GP 21    G14    A 25    TP 39     leads league

Xavier Simoneau Charlottetown    GP 19    G10    A 28    TP 38     leads team

Riley Kidney         Bathurst            GP 22    G14    A 18    TP 32     leads team

Jan Mysak            Hamilton            GP 19    G15    A 13    TP 28     leads team   

Kaiden Guhle       Prince Albert      GP 17    G 2     A 12    TP 14     leads team D

Arber Xhekaj        Kitchener           GP 14    G 4      A 8     TP 12     leads team D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 12:31 AM, electron58 said:

Joshua Roy          Sherbrooke       GP 21    G14    A 25    TP 39     leads league

Xavier Simoneau Charlottetown    GP 19    G10    A 28    TP 38     leads team

Riley Kidney         Bathurst            GP 22    G14    A 18    TP 32     leads team

Jan Mysak            Hamilton            GP 19    G15    A 13    TP 28     leads team   

Kaiden Guhle       Prince Albert      GP 17    G 2     A 12    TP 14     leads team D

Arber Xhekaj        Kitchener           GP 14    G 4      A 8     TP 12     leads team D

Shane Wright got the better of Jan Mysak - Nov 27th - Their next head to head is Dec. 10th - Both Kingston and the Ham Bulldogs are fighting for 1st place in their division

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Kaiden Guhle and Joshua Roy have been named to Team Canada's World Junior Hockey Championship camp.

https://whl.ca/article/nhl-prospects-guhle-latimer-swapped-in-blockbuster-deal?fbclid=IwAR1Rt3MIHPF3PEhKYWX6zGHD8Mgp_3RzeIbL5bH_PJghjgz0jvLWSn4FWT8

On return to WHL play, will be interesting to see how Guhle may improve the Oil Kings, as he was traded from Prince Albert Raiders. The Winnipeg Ice are a stacked team that the Oil Kings are up against. Guhle was wasting away in Prince Albert. By playing with better players, Guhle may develop more offensive flair and not have to carry a team like he was in Prince Albert. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, claremont said:

https://whl.ca/article/nhl-prospects-guhle-latimer-swapped-in-blockbuster-deal?fbclid=IwAR1Rt3MIHPF3PEhKYWX6zGHD8Mgp_3RzeIbL5bH_PJghjgz0jvLWSn4FWT8

On return to WHL play, will be interesting to see how Guhle may improve the Oil Kings, as he was traded from Prince Albert Raiders. The Winnipeg Ice are a stacked team that the Oil Kings are up against. Guhle was wasting away in Prince Albert. By playing with better players, Guhle may develop more offensive flair and not have to carry a team like he was in Prince Albert. 

Edmonton,  really wanted Guhle. They see him a lot,  so they would know his full value. Guhle was having a very good year with PA thus far. Nice to see our prospects being put into a position for success. And, also nice to be following something exciting,  as our Habs sure haven't been creating it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Montreal Canadiens prospect Joe Vrbetic of the North Bay Battalion is the OHL Goaltender of the Month for November after posting a 6-0-1-1 record, 2.09 goals-against average, .917 save percentage and two shutouts across eight games. The 6-foot-6 Vrbetic went undefeated in regulation to help the Battalion surge to the top of the Central Division standings in a month of November, that saw him string together 203 minutes and four seconds of consecutive shutout hockey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, electron58 said:

Montreal Canadiens prospect Joe Vrbetic of the North Bay Battalion is the OHL Goaltender of the Month for November after posting a 6-0-1-1 record, 2.09 goals-against average, .917 save percentage and two shutouts across eight games. The 6-foot-6 Vrbetic went undefeated in regulation to help the Battalion surge to the top of the Central Division standings in a month of November, that saw him string together 203 minutes and four seconds of consecutive shutout hockey. 

7th round only intriguing because he’s 6-6 and scouts love tall goalies as when they are in butterfly, they still cover a large portion of the net. McNiven was ohl goaltender of the year if I recall in his final year. They take a long time to develop and I suspect McNiven is virtually done after this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claremont said:

7th round only intriguing because he’s 6-6 and scouts love tall goalies as when they are in butterfly, they still cover a large portion of the net. McNiven was ohl goaltender of the year if I recall in his final year. They take a long time to develop and I suspect McNiven is virtually done after this year. 

Yeah, I can't imagine McNiven being with the organization after this season. He's already 24 years old and hasn't really been given any shot at the NHL level to prove himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, claremont said:

7th round only intriguing because he’s 6-6 and scouts love tall goalies as when they are in butterfly, they still cover a large portion of the net. McNiven was ohl goaltender of the year if I recall in his final year. They take a long time to develop and I suspect McNiven is virtually done after this year. 

Probably.  It's weird tho, he'll have stretches,  where he's lights out, then, gives up a bushel. Don't know if it's a concentration thing,  or shooters have him figured out. I know, that over the years,  Habs let a few very good goalies get away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An extreme long shot to make the team but nice to at least have a potential heavyweight should hockey ever get into intimidation of skilled and fast players once again. 
 

https://www.therecord.com/sports/rangers/2021/12/03/the-wallop-heard-around-waterloo-region.html?fbclid=IwAR0-PPjHWKxyDKoZpXmaqdd0hSlZh7DwMqMzGQLVzmp7NdRg3yQfz4hViyw

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, claremont said:

An extreme long shot to make the team but nice to at least have a potential heavyweight should hockey ever get into intimidation of skilled and fast players once again. 
 

https://www.therecord.com/sports/rangers/2021/12/03/the-wallop-heard-around-waterloo-region.html?fbclid=IwAR0-PPjHWKxyDKoZpXmaqdd0hSlZh7DwMqMzGQLVzmp7NdRg3yQfz4hViyw

 

Late bloomer. Showed enough to get a contract, and he's not French. Putting up the points too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, claremont said:

An extreme long shot to make the team but nice to at least have a potential heavyweight should hockey ever get into intimidation of skilled and fast players once again. 
 

https://www.therecord.com/sports/rangers/2021/12/03/the-wallop-heard-around-waterloo-region.html?fbclid=IwAR0-PPjHWKxyDKoZpXmaqdd0hSlZh7DwMqMzGQLVzmp7NdRg3yQfz4hViyw

 

 

On 12/4/2021 at 7:41 PM, electron58 said:

Late bloomer. Showed enough to get a contract, and he's not French. Putting up the points too.

Looks like he received a suspension from that game.  Not sure what for, as the league still has not doled out his punishment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Montreal Canadiens place Arsen Khisamutdinov on waivers for contract termination.  The forward struggled to find his footing in North America

He was a 6th round pick the year we got Caufield. He was an over-ager though because i think he's like 23 now.   Was bouncing between Laval & the ECHL last i heard so no big surprise.  Hopefully he can make a living playing in Europe/KHL cause i dont think the NHL was in the cards for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...