The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed. Oct. 13, Habs at the Playoff Losers.

kinot-2

First goal  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who scores the first goal of the new season for the Habs?

• Suzuki line
    • Dvorak line
    • 3rd line
    • 4th line
    • A defenseman

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

Toronto ties the game 1-1.

Refs.

That was an ugly penalty call.   The good news is that if that is the new threshold for crosschecking in front of the net, Gallagher should be drawing a looooooot of penalties this year!

Just now, maas_art said:

Refs.

That was an ugly penalty call.   The good news is that if that is the new threshold for crosschecking in front of the net, Gallagher should be drawing a looooooot of penalties this year!

Better chance of him getting called for embelishment if i know these refs.:rolleyes:

Top 2 lines look good.  Evans line looks like it needs some time to gel. Id rather we had Lehks there than Armia THB.   4th line is a bit better than I expected.

Petry pairing looks good.  Savard/Chiarot looks lost (but Id like to give savard 10 -15 games to settle into this system).  Romanov pair looked fine but... what, 2 minutes only or so? 

The Romanov penalty call I saw was a blatant interference call 20 feet to the right of the goal with the puck on the left side of the goal. Romanov out of position acting tough. Sometimes they get it right, even against the Habs.

He also stayed out for a 1 :46 shift!!! When does performance start to trump potential.

Outstanding period for the Dvorak line and for Kulak-Petry. Drouin rocking an 83% Corsi, Kulak-Petry around 80%, Dvorak and Anderson at 64%. But sadly, those were the only 5 Habs with positive Corsi's through one.

Wideman and Romanov were both at 17% and the Suzuk line was at 20%. Bottom 6 and Savard all under 40% and Chiarot at 46%. Interestingly, the Evans line was at 67% Corsi when the three played together but got schooled individually when they were playing with other players, as they got mix-and-matched with Paquette, Lehkonen, and Perreault.

20 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Top 2 lines look good.  Evans line looks like it needs some time to gel. Id rather we had Lehks there than Armia THB.   4th line is a bit better than I expected.

Petry pairing looks good.  Savard/Chiarot looks lost (but Id like to give savard 10 -15 games to settle into this system).  Romanov pair looked fine but... what, 2 minutes only or so? 

Good observation,  so far.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic