The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed. Oct. 13, Habs at the Playoff Losers.

kinot-2

First goal  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who scores the first goal of the new season for the Habs?

• Suzuki line
    • Dvorak line
    • 3rd line
    • 4th line
    • A defenseman

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

Wish we had played Brooks tonight, he might have provided a spark.  At least he wouldn't be as boring as Perreault or Paquette

Agreed. Perreault and Paquette look useless. I said before the game that this 4th line has no identity. They're not an energy line, they aren't physically imposing, they're not a great forechecking line, they aren't especially fast. They're a mish-mash of jack of all trades, master of none. Not seeing what Perreault and Paquette bring to the line-up as of yet, other than ticking off the box that says we play more French-Quebecers than other teams.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic

Well not a very impressive start to the year, but the problems we saw (bad discipline, poor puck movement from the bottom 4 defencemen, a useless 4th line, an ineffective PP) were all things we've seen before and/or predictable.

Guys I thought played well: Anderson, Petry, Kulak, Allen, Armia, Drouin

Guys who were bad: Wideman, Romanov, Savard, Perreault, Paquette, Suzuki, Caufield, Toffoli

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Well not a very impressive start to the year, but the problems we saw (bad discipline, poor puck movement from the bottom 4 defencemen, a useless 4th line, an ineffective PP) were all things we've seen before and/or predictable.

Guys who were bad: Wideman, Romanov, Savard, Perreault, Paquette, Suzuki, Caufield, Toffoli

Chiarot.....

1 minute ago, electron58 said:

Chiarot.....

He wasn't an asset, but he also wasn't as bad as I've seen him play in the past. I thought Savard was actually worse. But frankly, the only D pairing that worked was Kulak-Petry. What are the options? Splitting up Chiarot and Savard to start. Do you leave Wideman in or do you hope Niku or Norlinder are ready soon and give them a shot?

21 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I would add Dvorak to the good list and move Savard out of the bad list. He blocked 4 shots and played steady although not spectacular which is good for this D group.

I would split Savard and Chiarot up, not because they are slugs but in order to help Romanov and Wideman who were truly weak. Hopefully Edmundson will be back soon.

14 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

I would add Dvorak to the good list and move Savard out of the bad list. He blocked 4 shots and played steady although not spectacular which is good for this D group.

I would split Savard and Chiarot up, not because they are slugs but in order to help Romanov and Wideman who were truly weak. Hopefully Edmundson will be back soon.

Yeah Romanov looked really sloppy out there! all in all it is about what I expected. Edmundson is a really good shut down type d man better than Chiarot and Savard by quite a bit too I liked Wideman overall I see some upside to him Kulak looked good too. Savard said he was still adapting to the system here the other day so I will give him a couple of games before I decide if I like him or not. We played an ok game but I think Hoffman will add another dimension to the team once he gets back I expect him to be with Gally and Evans and that will put Armia and Lehky together on the 4th line which will give it back some skill and direction. Perreault and Paquette don't look like they are good enough for this team they should go, I want to see this new center from the leafs we just picked up too.

55 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

He wasn't an asset, but he also wasn't as bad as I've seen him play in the past. I thought Savard was actually worse. But frankly, the only D pairing that worked was Kulak-Petry. What are the options? Splitting up Chiarot and Savard to start. Do you leave Wideman in or do you hope Niku or Norlinder are ready soon and give them a shot?

Yeah..........that's a tough call.  I was more impressed with Savard, (although that's not saying much)seeing as we can use him on the right side. I think Chiarot made things a little more difficult for the pair. Definitely split up Chiarot & Savard. Leave Wideman in, with Chiarot. Chiarot can do most of the banging allowing for Wideman to move the puck out.  If that doesn't work, well.....  As for Norlinder? I don't see him getting any games at all. He needs to get stronger. I mean, he got hurt in no time. Niku?  He'll have to go to Laval for a conditioning stint, before I see the Habs trying him out in a real game.  And further, I thought Kulak outplayed Petry by a long shot.  Petry made so many mistakes, I stopped counting. Let's just chalk it up to nerves.

2 hours ago, RCAF48 said:

Wish we had played Brooks tonight, he might have provided a spark.  At least he wouldn't be as boring as Perreault or Paquette

Hopefully, Adam Brooks is dressed for tomorrow's game against Buffalo.

• H_T_L locked this topic