The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Home Opener, Sat. Oct. 16, Rags at the Bell Center, 7 PM est. City TV, TVAs., SNE., MSG.

kinot-2

Saves  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How many saves will Allen make?

• 20 or less
    • 21 to 29
    • 30 or more

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

I think it is time to admit that the team got significantly worse over the offseason. Dvorak doesn't look like he provides any more offense than Danault did. Pacquette, Perrault and Wideman are just a hot mess and Savard would be blown past by my 3 year old grandson. Can we please get someone in charge who knows how to build a team and get some coaches who actually play skilled players instead of the crap we have been watching over the last 3 games!

Yeah, we got worse, although some of that will be fixed with time as we get some injured players back and some of the new guys gel. As we've discussed before, Paquette, Perreault, Savard, and Montembeault all appear to be reaches based on language rather than skill. Savard and Chiarot was easily our worst pairing tonight, predictably, and they were schooled in possession. The 4th line was also horrid again, and that line needs to be broken up. Perreault shouldn't be in the line-up at this point and neither should Paquette (although neither should Belzile, who is the next guy likely to draw in despite having a bad training camp too). Wideman wasn't as bad as Savard and Chiarot, but he hasn't looked very dependable through 3 games.

As for Dvorak, I think he'll be fine. He's a better offensive player than Danault and that will come. The issue I have with Dvorak is that he's already in his mid-20s and he's never been more than a 2nd-tier center. I think he's got a good floor and will likely score 20 goals for us, but his ceiling isn't all that high and I highly doubt he'll be a regular 30-goal scorer or 65-70-point producer. People can say what they want about Kotkaniemi, and he doesn't have the same experience as Dvorak, but the ceiling there was higher.

1 minute ago, JimBo_KW said:

I don't think Armia is the right fit for the Susuki line 

Well he was a better fit than Toffoli was the first two games. Suzuki and Caufield have looked awful no matter who's been next to them. I have confidence they'll get it together, but it's clear they need help. I don't think you can break up the Dvorak line given it's your one line playing well, but then you also can't move Caufield away from Suzuki because who else are you going to play him with? Evans? Paquette? The one thing I'd like to see them do is move Caufield to the left side, where he's been more dangerous.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Well he was a better fit than Toffoli was the first two games. Suzuki and Caufield have looked awful no matter who's been next to them. I have confidence they'll get it together, but it's clear they need help. I don't think you can break up the Dvorak line given it's your one line playing well, but then you also can't move Caufield away from Suzuki because who else are you going to play him with? Evans? Paquette? The one thing I'd like to see them do is move Caufield to the left side, where he's been more dangerous.

Toffolio needs to be with a play maker. Gallagher is not a passer. Not sure what the answer is.

Thought we played a pretty good game tonight. Definitely a few opportunities for improvement. A little more traffic in front of the net would be nice. Caufield to quit playing like a parody of himself (he’s been like watching a cartoon out there). But I can’t point to anyone and say they had a bad game tonight. A few mistakes. 
On a positive note, how about Drouin, eh?! He’s looking great out there! That whole line is clicking quite well. 

12 hours ago, electron58 said:

Well, I remember a lotta years we started off like gangbusters, then just folded.

12 hours ago, electron58 said:

When's the last time we started 0-3.

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Prolly not too many years ago. 

Habs dropping to 0-3-0 to start the season for the first time since 1995-96 after losing 3-1 to the New York Rangers  in home opener Saturday night at the Bell Centre in front of a near-sellout crowd.

• H_T_L locked this topic