Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

KK homecoming Thursday 7:00


H_T_L
 Share

Your preference  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. What's more important to you at this point in the season?

    • An end to this losing streak
    • Shutting down KK
    • Let's keep tanking

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

  • H_T_L changed the title to KK homecoming Thursday 7:00
  • H_T_L pinned this topic

I actually could care less if JK scores.  I liked him as a player and a person. I dont blame him for signing that contract.  At his age, who of us wouldnt have? He's a hurricane now, MB made his decision & I wish JK good luck. 

As for us, im torn.  Ideally we should tank.  Start trading away anyone over say, 27 or 28 and start stockpiling 1st rounders. This should be a very very deep draft.   But on the other hand we just handed out long contracts to guys like Petry and Gallagher.  Will either of them make it through a rebuild?   Will we even consider moving them?  

Rebuilds are never easy, and timing them is the hardest part.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting a tank at Game 5 is too long for me. I mean in general, the best strategy for long-term success is to either be really really good or really really bad. The worst-case scenario is to end up in no man's land and have the 15th overall pick every year. But for now, I'm not interested in seeing an 82-game slide. In this case, as well, we have to remember that we also benefit if the Canes do really really badly (if they end up with a top 10 lottery pick, we keep that one and then we're free to not tank and give up pick 32 instead!).

My guess is that the team will be at least a little bit motivated to stick it to Kotkaniemi and to the Canes organization for the offer sheet... also has to be a bit concerning for Ducharme. I know we just went to the Cup finals, but if Bergevin is really considering leaving after this season, he may not be patient. We have a big Western road trip coming up and long road trips are a great time to fire a coach and come home with a new one. If we're 2-8 or 1-9 coming home in a couple of weeks, that could be the end of Ducharme (and probably should be). So there's got to be motivation all over the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

I suspect we lose and KK gets a multi-point night playing alongside Aho.

KK getting more points than the entire Habs team combined would sound about right at this point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

My guess is that the team will be at least a little bit motivated to stick it to Kotkaniemi and to the Canes organization for the offer sheet... also has to be a bit concerning for Ducharme. I know we just went to the Cup finals, but if Bergevin is really considering leaving after this season, he may not be patient. We have a big Western road trip coming up and long road trips are a great time to fire a coach and come home with a new one. If we're 2-8 or 1-9 coming home in a couple of weeks, that could be the end of Ducharme (and probably should be). So there's got to be motivation all over the place.

I agree, Ducharme has a fairly long leash (new hire, took team to cup finals, GMs handpicked choice, etc), but the GM can only make so many excuses until a coach firing becomes inevitable, even if embarrassing for the GM. So there is a point where he'd get fired IMO, but I don't think we'll reach it.  This team has holes, but I don't think it's as fundamentally broken as it looks like now. My hope is this is mostly a case of bad luck and everyone slumping together rather than a deeper problem (unfortunately when it happens at the start of the season it's a lot more noticeable than a mid-season slump). Even with the lack of depth at defense and center, we have too many good forwards for this to continue much longer.

I'm going to predict a win here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I suspect the 2-0-0 Hurricanes who have looked pretty impressive over the last few seasons are going 3-0-0 after tonight. :ph34r: Would be lovely for Montreal to get headed in the right direction, but... I just see another loss.

New lines tonight, so new results. We get a win tonight. No doubt in my mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

68 - Mike Hoffman14 - Nick Suzuki11 - Brendan Gallagher

92 - Jonathan Drouin28 - Christian Dvorak17 - Josh Anderson

73 - Tyler Toffoli85 - Mathieu Perreault22 - Cole Caufield

62 - Artturi Lehkonen71 - Jake Evans40 - Joel Armia

 24 - Adam Brooks13 - Cedric Paquette

LDRDG

77 - Brett Kulak26 - Jeff Petry34 - 

8 - Ben Chiarot20 - Chris Wideman35 - 

27 - Alexander Romanov58 - David Savard 

15 - Sami Niku 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

77 - Brett Kulak26 - Jeff Petry34 - Jake Allen

8 - Ben Chiarot20 - Chris Wideman35 - Sam Montembeault

27 - Alexander Romanov58 - David Savard 

15 - Sami Niku 

I like the idea of playing a goalie on the top 2 defensive pairs... :ph34r::rolleyes::P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I like the idea of playing a goalie on the top 2 defensive pairs... :ph34r::rolleyes::P

Fixed,,,,,,,,,,,,, just for you. :frech1:

 

16 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

68 - Mike Hoffman14 - Nick Suzuki11 - Brendan Gallagher

92 - Jonathan Drouin28 - Christian Dvorak17 - Josh Anderson

73 - Tyler Toffoli85 - Mathieu Perreault22 - Cole Caufield

62 - Artturi Lehkonen71 - Jake Evans40 - Joel Armia

 24 - Adam Brooks13 - Cedric Paquette

LDRDG

77 - Brett Kulak26 - Jeff Petry34 - 

8 - Ben Chiarot20 - Chris Wideman35 - 

27 - Alexander Romanov58 - David Savard 

15 - Sami Niku 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I picked tanking in the poll. We need a GM who recognizes our important needs and does something about them.

Danger of Tanking while MB is still GM is if he truly is not coming back he may just do something stupid to try and build his "value" up to sign somewhere else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Danger of Tanking while MB is still GM is if he truly is not coming back he may just do something stupid to try and build his "value" up to sign somewhere else

If the reports are true - and guys like montreal media know that MB wont resign - then you have to think that a) Molson knows it too and b) has already got some candidates in mind.

Now, its possible that the person they have in mind is currently employed with another team but if he's not, I think there's a decent chance Molson fires MB before he can make those moves. At the very least you would hope they've told bergevin he has to clear all moves with upper management.   Molson may not know tons about hockey but he has to know that you dont, say, trade Caufield for a 30 year old 2nd line centre or something. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

If the reports are true - and guys like montreal media know that MB wont resign - then you have to think that a) Molson knows it too and b) has already got some candidates in mind.

Now, its possible that the person they have in mind is currently employed with another team but if he's not, I think there's a decent chance Molson fires MB before he can make those moves. At the very least you would hope they've told bergevin he has to clear all moves with upper management.   Molson may not know tons about hockey but he has to know that you dont, say, trade Caufield for a 30 year old 2nd line centre or something. 

 

 

That would be the hope ... but you gotta ask yourself about Molson's commitment to the team when he's left MB in as long as he has

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

That would be the hope ... but you gotta ask yourself about Molson's commitment to the team when he's left MB in as long as he has

I believe that Geoff Molson LOVES this team. I think his commitment is 100%.  You can absolutely question his decision making - and, as you've said, he's left MB in despite the fact he really did very little for a very long time - but i am certain his commitment to the team is absolute. This is not some biilionaire who owns a hockey team in the midwest because he thinks its a good investment or something.  Molson wants to win, of that I have no doubt... he just drank MB's koolaid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I picked tanking in the poll. We need a GM who recognizes our important needs and does something about them.

Honest to God I do not see how a team can get to the Finals and have people say at the same time that there isn't something else going on with the team wayyyyyyyyy out of reach of the GM, but I'm not taking people to mean persons so...It's just time for me to say it or lose my self respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm a sucker for drama and can't miss KK's return to Montreal. I'm gonna hate myself for this later at the office but there's no way I'm not going to watch at least the first period :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Yeah, I'm a sucker for drama and can't miss KK's return to Montreal. I'm gonna hate myself for this later at the office but there's no way I'm not going to watch at least the first period :D

Glad to have you. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...