The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs in Seattle Tuesday 10:00

H_T_L

New streak?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the beginning of a win streak?

• Yes,,,, no sweat
    • Walking out with only a point
    • Getting zip in this one

• H_T_L pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Easy win???? Let's get cracking. :ph34r:

Dam, I was just about to type that. Only I would've left the "g" off, you know, as in "Let's get crackin" .  :frech1:

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Dam, I was just about to type that. Only I would've left the "g" off, you know, as in "Let's get crackin" .  :frech1:

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

It's "let's get Krack'n" come on guys get it right LOL

Nothing like being too obvious. LOL

Big one tonight.  Are the boys right, that it was just a slump & they will come out strong like in last game? or did we just get lucky with a bad detroit team and Perreault playing the game of his life?

On the subject of Perreault, I know its incredibly unlikely its sustainable for him but do remember that in his season in Anaheim and his early days in Winnipeg he did play centre and he did have some strong offensive seasons (.62ppg, .66ppg, .69ppg etc - thats 50-55point seasons over 82 games). The last couple of years he's been asked to be a checker so it is possible he still has a 40-45 point season in him. Although even 30+ would be welcome. Its sad that our success may hang on a 33 year old depth winger being able to take over 3rd centre slot but it is what it is. 

I liked the defense more last game. Niku could be pivotal if he can build on that performance.  I liked most of the lines too. really need Suzuki and CC to get going but im not worried about either.

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Big one tonight.  Are the boys right, that it was just a slump & they will come out strong like in last game? or did we just get lucky with a bad detroit team and Perreault playing the game of his life?

On the subject of Perreault, I know its incredibly unlikely its sustainable for him but do remember that in his season in Anaheim and his early days in Winnipeg he did play centre and he did have some strong offensive seasons (.62ppg, .66ppg, .69ppg etc - thats 50-55point seasons over 82 games). The last couple of years he's been asked to be a checker so it is possible he still has a 40-45 point season in him. Although even 30+ would be welcome. Its sad that our success may hang on a 33 year old depth winger being able to take over 3rd centre slot but it is what it is. 

I liked the defense more last game. Niku could be pivotal if he can build on that performance.  I liked most of the lines too. really need Suzuki and CC to get going but im not worried about either.

I agree with most of this, no way that many good offensive players go the whole season without scoring it seems it is a combo of a long playoff run a super short offseason several key players out and new faces coming in getting up to speed with our system that hurt the most! I di not like the camp either too many players for too long they should have sent guys down sooner to let the guys that were going to stay gel more. we will know much more in a few games we will either pull ourselves up or tank.

21 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Overall, I am not getting excited. Sure, our expected goals are crap, so we probably should have more goals than we've scored, but... Beating Detroit doesn't give me hope that we are gonna be a good team this season.

Fully expected us to struggle on this Western road swing.

44 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I agree with most of this, no way that many good offensive players go the whole season without scoring it seems it is a combo of a long playoff run a super short offseason several key players out and new faces coming in getting up to speed with our system that hurt the most! I di not like the camp either too many players for too long they should have sent guys down sooner to let the guys that were going to stay gel more. we will know much more in a few games we will either pull ourselves up or tank.

Its interesting that all 4 of the teams that made it to the conference finals are having slow starts.  its always tough to rebound from a short summer but this year seems especially bad & players are definitely sluggish. It was a tough season last year. 

36 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Overall, I am not getting excited. Sure, our expected goals are crap, so we probably should have more goals than we've scored, but... Beating Detroit doesn't give me hope that we are gonna be a good team this season.

Fully expected us to struggle on this Western road swing.

Definitely its important not to read to much in to a detroit win but on the flip side the guys started looking a lot looser and more comfortable.  Now that can easily be set back by a couple of early goals against but, assuming we come out playing well, i think it could carry forward.

I think we're going to do ok actually. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic