The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs in Seattle Tuesday 10:00

H_T_L

New streak?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the beginning of a win streak?

• Yes,,,, no sweat
    • Walking out with only a point
    • Getting zip in this one

There must be some grotto somewhere where whoever goes to restore themselves LOL because 

And I have some experience with this...when one plays the sax it happens that way...Assuming one has an ear for music..

Just get off the stage..

Oh yeah.. Carey..Right...Nice 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic

It’s been a rough, rough start to the year, no doubt about that. But a couple things to keep in mind. One, we’re missing Weber, Price and Edmundson. That right there is a lot to manage. Two, a lot of new additions with not a lot of time to develop chemistry, and it’s been obvious. And three, and maybe most easily overlooked, we’ve played a lot of hockey over the past year. Went all the way to the finals in a super condensed, exhausting season. Then had a very short off season, just to get right back in there. Tampa is 3/3/1, Vegas and Colorado are both 2/4/0. Probably not entirely a coincidence that the teams that played the longest last season are struggling to start this season. I’m not saying I’m enjoying our go of it so far, but let’s all keep our torches and pitchforks away, at least for the time being 

21 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

It’s been a rough, rough start to the year, no doubt about that. But a couple things to keep in mind. One, we’re missing Weber, Price and Edmundson. That right there is a lot to manage. Two, a lot of new additions with not a lot of time to develop chemistry, and it’s been obvious. And three, and maybe most easily overlooked, we’ve played a lot of hockey over the past year. Went all the way to the finals in a super condensed, exhausting season. Then had a very short off season, just to get right back in there. Tampa is 3/3/1, Vegas and Colorado are both 2/4/0. Probably not entirely a coincidence that the teams that played the longest last season are struggling to start this season. I’m not saying I’m enjoying our go of it so far, but let’s all keep our torches and pitchforks away, at least for the time being 

- Sure we could argue losing Weber, Price, Edmundson is the issue ... but not enough to explain a 1-6 start

- New additions finding chemistry ... again, nope ... we had Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield together and they stunk it up.    These are highly paid professional athletes, the "chemistry" wheeze is an excuse

- And a late playoffs if anything should have meant this team was more prepped to start this season having played more recently

Comes down to a bad GM, horrible coach, and poorly constructed roster.

19 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

- Sure we could argue losing Weber, Price, Edmundson is the issue ... but not enough to explain a 1-6 start

- New additions finding chemistry ... again, nope ... we had Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield together and they stunk it up.    These are highly paid professional athletes, the "chemistry" wheeze is an excuse

- And a late playoffs if anything should have meant this team was more prepped to start this season having played more recently

Comes down to a bad GM, horrible coach, and poorly constructed roster.

I don’t know… Even under normal circumstances it’s not statistically uncommon for teams that play in the finals to struggle the following year. I see your point theoretically, but in reality it just doesn’t usually pan out that way. And when you combine that with my other two points, well…

42 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I don’t know… Even under normal circumstances it’s not statistically uncommon for teams that play in the finals to struggle the following year. I see your point theoretically, but in reality it just doesn’t usually pan out that way. And when you combine that with my other two points, well…

The issue is, Tampa, Vegas and Colorado are legitimately good teams.  They have something to look forward to.  The habs neither is a good team nor have good prospects to get excited about.  Sure, missing Webber and Price hurt, but let's be honest here, they overachieved last year and even with those guys they're a really bad team.

And Tampa's and Colorado's top players are still producing at a solid rate. We are not just losing games we dont put up many goals either. Top players produce nonetheless. The Oilers dont make the playoffs!? Sure but McDavid and Draisaitl still produce. We are really lacking that scorer where everone else can look up to.

4 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

Yet another disgusting game, can we clean house and start a legit rebuild with an actual coach and GM that have some clue what they are doing

A GOOD Gm could probably make this team a contender in a few years.   I mean you have some nice under 22-23 year old players some good mid-late 20s players and then you just move everyone over that age.  Weber is basically retired but would the new GM have the guts to move Petry, Gallagher etc? I think we're "stuck" with price (i dont mean that in a bad way, i just dont think his contract is moveable) but one big contract (well 2 i guess with Suzuki) isnt hard to work with. 

2 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Yeah and all 4 teams in the conference finals are off to a slow start this year. We're clearly the worst but the bigger problem is that a team like Vegas or Tampa can probably dig themselves out of an early season hole fairly easy.   We were going to be in a dogfight just to make the playoffs.  Now we need to win 5 straight games just to get back to .500   That does not bode well for this roster imho. 

• H_T_L locked this topic