The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nov. 9, L.A. Kings Come To Town. 7 PM, RDS, TSN2, BSW.

kinot-2

54 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Not sure why Danault gets applause but Kotkaniemi gets booed. Kotkaniemi left because he was offered probably twice as much money to play elsewhere and the Habs declined to match it. Danault stated that he knew he wanted to leave early last year and that there wasn't much the Habs could do to keep him. One guy left for financial reasons, the other guy didn't want to be in Montreal. Why cheer that guy and boo the other?

I think they both wanted to leave. Carolina mgmt.  was smart enough to make it happen. 

56 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Not sure why Danault gets applause but Kotkaniemi gets booed. Kotkaniemi left because he was offered probably twice as much money to play elsewhere and the Habs declined to match it. Danault stated that he knew he wanted to leave early last year and that there wasn't much the Habs could do to keep him. One guy left for financial reasons, the other guy didn't want to be in Montreal. Why cheer that guy and boo the other?

Pretty obvious.  They both wanted to leave. One is French, the other isn't. 

2 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I think they both wanted to leave. Carolina mgmt.  was smart enough to make it happen. 

Possible. We know Danault wanted to leave. We know Kotkaniemi accepted more money and that the Habs decided not to match. I'm just not sure why fans cheer the guy we know wanted to leave and boo the other guy. I think we over-boo most returning players anyways, but fans have booed Pacioretty, Radulov, Subban, Kotkaniemi, Galchenyuk, Kovalev, and other notables upon their returns. Unclear to me why Danault gets cheered and if there's another reason other than language at play here.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Possible. We know Danault wanted to leave. We know Kotkaniemi accepted more money and that the Habs decided not to match. I'm just not sure why fans cheer the guy we know wanted to leave and boo the other guy. I think we over-boo most returning players anyways, but fans have booed Pacioretty, Radulov, Subban, Kotkaniemi, Galchenyuk, Kovalev, and other notables upon their returns. Unclear to me why Danault gets cheered and if there's another reason other than language at play here.

There were various reports,  that KK told friends,  that he played his last game for the Habs.  Hard to say, how he could be so sure. I believe   this also had a play in why the OS wasn't matched. Had to be more, than just the money. So, I  believe,  we as fans, are not happy with that, because while he was here, everybody loved him.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic