The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nov. 9, L.A. Kings Come To Town. 7 PM, RDS, TSN2, BSW.

kinot-2

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Still waiting for Dvorak to show up. He's generating offence at a Scott Gomez-like pace here.

Very true - I’ll wait for your report card on all the new additions to the Habs over last years edition but at this point only Mike Hoffman gets a passing grade. 
Imo - Paquette, Savard, Wideman have been terrible disappointments. Perreault had one good game - no consistency. Dvorak has been mediocre at best. Montembeault is simply yech - this all falls as failures by MB to improve this team. 

2 minutes ago, claremont said:

Very true - I’ll wait for your report card on all the new additions to the Habs over last years edition but at this point only Mike Hoffman gets a passing grade. 
Imo - Paquette, Savard, Wideman have been terrible disappointments. Perreault had one good game - no consistency. Dvorak has been mediocre at best. Montembeault is simply yech - this all falls as failures by MB to improve this team. 

Will give them a few more games before I write up quarter-mark grades, but yeah, most of these new guys aren't bringing much to the table. Hard to tell if the team is bad because they're bad or if guys are struggling because there's a mental block here and they'd all look better if the team were better as a whole. The only two I'll comment on for now will be to say that Hoffman isn't playing as well as his numbers indicate. He's scoring goals but playing poorly in a lot of other facets of the game (pretty much as advertised). And Wideman is actually doing relatively well as far as advanced stats go, one of the best players on the team in this regard.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic