Canadiens de Montreal

What are you listening to RIGHT NOW!!!

bigsexy_mtl

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spankydriscoll
Rush - Far Cry. The guys have still got it in their 4th decade together.

i have the live in rio dvd. you should look into getting it. like 100,000 brazilians in the crowd :|

Guest LarryRobinson
Rush - Far Cry. The guys have still got it in their 4th decade together.

I love you Grame, but Rush!!!, really.

I cant really point figures Ive been on an 80s tear withi Pulp -- Common People.

i have the live in rio dvd. you should look into getting it. like 100,000 brazilians in the crowd :|

I've had that for a couple of years, amazing, just like 2 hours striaght of solid music.

I love you Grame, but Rush!!!, really.

I cant really point figures Ive been on an 80s tear withi Pulp -- Common People.

What's wrong with Rush? Is it just the vocals you don't like? Because Peart is one of the best drummers ever, Lifeson is a very solid guitarist, and Lee is an excellent basist as well, top of the line musicians. Their music is well written Art Rock, and being a prog fan, I obviously like this. And I don't always appreciate lyrics, but Peart's are some of the best around. Overall they are just such a solid band.

Guest Eye_Heart_Gorges26
Zombie Nation :) (the techno song the one that goes whoa or something like that ;))

OMG! I've been trying to find that song forever. It plays and plays and plays in my head over and over again. Its the ONE song I don't like.

Guest Hoser
\

Their 1st album is fantastic .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(album)

Then they got serious and I lost interst

Granted, the arrival of Peart did add a whole kind of sci-fi-ee aspect to their music, but that doesn't mean some of their later work isn't awesome.

A pretty good band from what I've heard, I almost want to call them "progressive emo" or something. Time Consumer is the best song I've heard of theirs (I've only heard like 10)

Everything about that band, from basslines to drum beats, is just a rehashed, whiny down-grade on Rush. *yuck*

Anywhoo...

Vinnie Coliauta - Slick

Bar none the best drummer of all time.

\

Their 1st album is fantastic .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(album)

Then they got serious and I lost interst

Ah I guess you like Zeppein style music then? Because their first album was very much 70s hard rock style, their later stuff was much closer to prog (art rock technically)

Still, Working Man and Finding My Way are classics even if they aren't the classic Rush sound and don't include Peart.

Guest spankydriscoll
A pretty good band from what I've heard, I almost want to call them "progressive emo" or something. Time Consumer is the best song I've heard of theirs (I've only heard like 10)

that's off the first album which isn't really the greatest. you really ought to get their latest 2 CDs. At first it's hard to get used to Claudio's voice, but once you do, they are some of the best songwriters going right now. The newest CD is awesome. The last 4 songs total over half an hour. No radio ***** here lol. 'In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3' was my favourite album to date. Look into them, you won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...