• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counting Crows at the moment

Led Zeppelin....Greatest hits CD

Bluesman Hubert Sumlin, guitarist for Howlin' Wolf, dies at 80 -

Another great Bluesman gone to Blues Heaven.:(

Just watching him perform here with Robert Cray in performance....at the Eric Clapton Guitar Festival Crossroads...recorded back on June 26,2010

Bluesman Hubert Sumlin, guitarist for Howlin' Wolf, dies at 80 -

Another great Bluesman gone to Blues Heaven.:(

Just watching him perform here with Robert Cray in performance....at the Eric Clapton Guitar Festival Crossroads...recorded back on June 26,2010

blues are so strange. born of the farm it is yet so personal. you don't really talk to people when you're on the farm of course- you usually wait for your work to do the talking for you. that's maybe why my words seem so strange. i don't talk. i try to express exactly what i mean at the moment. you'd all know me a lot better if i were playing or you knew me, my horse, or my work. i love the old guys in the blues. i respect a lot of the new guys but i find a lot of office workers playing music that's called the blues and isn't. a farm isn't a park. thanks fh.

Etta James Dead: Soul Singer Famous For 'At Last' Dies At 73

Etta-James.jpg

Soul legend Etta James, 73, has died died from complications from leukemia at a hospital in Riverside, California. Her friend and manager Lupe De Leon made the announcement. "This is a tremendous loss for the family, her friends and fans around the world," De Leon said. "She was a true original who could sing it all — her music defied category. I worked with Etta for over 30 years. She was my friend and I will miss her always."

CNN reports that De Leon noted James' sons and husband, Artis Mills, were by her side when she died. The singer would have turned 74 next week, on January 25. Etta, who was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles, released her debut album At Last! in 1960 on the Chess label. The LP contained notable singles, such as "I Just Want To Make Love To You" and her signature song "At Last".

.......One of my all-time favorite songs right here.....by Etta.

R.I.P. Etta.......queen of R&B. :(

LEGENDARY !!! SUCH A PASSIONATE AND SOULFUL SINGER , GOD BLESS ETTA JAMES

Just picked up a Eric Clapton/crossroads box set.....listening to it NOW!B)

Grateful Dead - Live In New York 1980 on DVD.B)

Rocket Man - Sir Elton John

taj :o:lol::D

Mahal ? B)