The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Football (Soccer) in Europe

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

haha check this.

so cuuuute

[/quote:562d46715e]

Saw it it's old. I was so happy when the kid did it but when I saw the name on back, I proceeded to huuurrlll :D hehe :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sainte-Flanelle11

Quoting this from a freind of mine on another forum. Big news for Italy fans

Not sure if any of you heard, but former Juventus defender Gianluca Pessotto fell from his bedroom window (15m) and was seriously injured. He had sustained multiple fractures to his pelvis, vertebrae and coccyx.

Doctors said he almost died on the operating table last night. When the news struck the Italian camp in Germany, Del Piero, Zambrotta, and one of the coaches Ciro Ferrara left for Italy to be with Pessotto. They all used to play together.

It is assumed that it could have been a suicide attempt, as he was suffering from depression.

Fabio Cannavaro was doing a press conference, and when told of the news his face went from smiles to complete devastation and he ended the press conference and left to go to Italy.

You can watch the press conference

'>http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Juventus/Primo_Piano/2006/06_Giugno/27/PESSO.shtml

click on the link that says "Cannavaro lascia la conferenza" on the right hand side.

Guest Sainte-Flanelle11

More on the same story:

According to Pessotto's wife... ( I think it's in response to the depression allegations)

“There is no truth in that, absolutely none,” she is quoted as saying on repubblica.it. “I want you to tell everybody that. Gianluca was simply stressed, depressed.

“It is also false that there were any problems between us. We had a discussion because we had just organised three days away at Laigueglia with the kids, but he had to work.

“I wanted Gianluca to take a break and I thought it would do him some good. We had already organised everything.

“He hadn’t had a holiday for a year and a half. He was struggling to sleep and wasn’t convinced he had made the right decision in retiring from the game.”

Reana also revealed that her husband was perhaps doubting that he could live up to what was expected after he was recently appointed as the club’s new team manager.

“He feared that he wasn’t up to it,” she added. “But he accepted, although having offers to play on, because of the love he has for Juventus and he thought he had to.”

When asked why yesterday’s traumatic events occurred, she replied: “It was a combination of things: tiredness, melancholy, sadness for what is happening to the club. Gianluca did the worse thing possible.”

===========

also note, this comes just a day before the Italian match-fixing scandal goes to court. I really wouldn't doubt that there was mafioso involved.

Guest Sainte-Flanelle11
BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D[/quote:a064bc10ec]

how can you like Barcelona and Real Madrid?

As a huge BArca fan for over 15 years I'm offended. :evil:

Guest kovalev4ever
BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D[/quote:a27799d7af]

As a huge BArca fan for over 15 years I'm offended. :evil:[/quote:a27799d7af]

Doesn't matter, i don't care lol :D it,s not like if i like the leafs and the habs!!! :twisted:

Guest Sainte-Flanelle11
BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D[/quote:88417522ee]

As a huge BArca fan for over 15 years I'm offended. :evil:[/quote:88417522ee]

Doesn't matter, i don't care lol :D it,s not like if i like the leafs and the habs!!! :twisted:[/quote:88417522ee]

It's exactly like the habs vs. leafs rivalry except it's much much more intense. It's Catalogna vs. Castile.

Word of advice for you: do not walk around Barcelona with a Real jersey...

Guest kovalev4ever
BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D[/quote:c9fd9d887f]

As a huge BArca fan for over 15 years I'm offended. :evil:[/quote:c9fd9d887f]

Doesn't matter, i don't care lol :D it,s not like if i like the leafs and the habs!!! :twisted:[/quote:c9fd9d887f]

It's exactly like the habs vs. leafs rivalry except it's much much more intense. It's Catalogna vs. Castile.

Word of advice for you: do not walk around Barcelona with a Real jersey...[/quote:c9fd9d887f]

I'm not noob man 8) but i like a little bit more barca!!!!! 8)

Guest mateus
BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D[/quote:45acfa447f]

As a huge BArca fan for over 15 years I'm offended. :evil:[/quote:45acfa447f]

Doesn't matter, i don't care lol :D it,s not like if i like the leafs and the habs!!! :twisted:[/quote:45acfa447f]

Word of advice for you: do not walk around Barcelona with a Real jersey...[/quote:45acfa447f]

barcelona vs madrid

sporting vs benfica

man utd vs arsenal

THOSE rivalries make the habs vs leafs rivalries look like a sibbling fight :wink: and hockey's a contact sport so think about that one for a while :wink:

-Matt

Born and grew a Viola fan, nononon no florentza:-) but

Politehnica Timisoara (google it :-))

then

AC Milan

Man City (who the :idea: is Man Unttttttttttttttttt, who the :idea: the Man Unt :-))

and L'OM (ribeiry don't go.....)

Hate

Juve, Manure and PSG, Dinamo Bucharest (wished you died and went to hell commis)...

That's it boys :-)

Gruppo Chebec :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright fun time is MOSTLY over for me. The 4 stars is great but now we have club issues. Juve in C1 and Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina in B. I think Serie B will be more exciting to watch :roll: Therefore I shall put my feelings for La Nazionale aside and continue my support for IL GRANDE MILAN. Haha Juve got OWNED :D

Guest mateus
Alright fun time is MOSTLY over for me. The 4 stars is great but now we have club issues. Juve in C1 and Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina in B. I think Serie B will be more exciting to watch :roll: Therefore I shall put my feelings for La Nazionale aside and continue my support for IL GRANDE MILAN. Haha Juve got OWNED :D [/quote:8dceef18f9]

has it been confirmed?

UEFA.com has no article on it that i know of

-Matt

Guest spankydriscoll
How come the French boards got to keep the World Cup thread? :? :D [/quote:89ad0faae7]

probably cuz they didnt start fighting like little school girls... lol

I didn't fight :? All I did was celebrate my team's victory. What's so bad about that? All over the world you heard the celebrations of the TIFOSI. What an emotional few days it's been :cry:

Alright fun time is MOSTLY over for me. The 4 stars is great but now we have club issues. Juve in C1 and Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina in B. I think Serie B will be more exciting to watch :roll: Therefore I shall put my feelings for La Nazionale aside and continue my support for IL GRANDE MILAN. Haha Juve got OWNED :D [/quote:09a020a860]

Its not gonna be so serious. You have to realize that this is the prosecutor asking the judge. My feeling is we are gonna see a team or two in the 2nd division, and about 2 teams having points deducted heavily (20-30pts and ban on europe for 1-2 years).

As for the french thread still going, you have to look inside it to see whats going it.

Also a note on the Italian league scandal. On www.datasport.it it is published the announcement that because of the high amount of paperwork and discussions which has to be processed, an announcement on the penalties issued is only going to be made earliest thursday night and latest friday. Which means Monday morning early right LOL...

This raises a lot of problems concerning the participation in international competitions for italians clubs. Don't be suprised if you see only a few italian clubs registering for internationalcompetitions (basically Inter and Roma).

Interesting turn of events to say the least...cose now clubs have 30 days to protest and appeal to the court against the penalties ordered, but that date will fall after the 27th of July date set by UEFA for clubs registering for international competitions.

take care,

G