The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

a fan of the Habs and the Leafs?! I dont know whether to welcome you in or kick you out hah jk man welcome to the forum! I didnt know that there were people like you out there .. like a fan of the Habs and the Leafs..thats like a goth going to church really

Haha, well if it makes you feel any better I'm wearing my Habs jersey at the moment.

I'm a rare breed. Born in Montreal and go back often, raised in Toronto.

hmm..well what name is on the back of that jersey ? (if any )

No one at the moment. I just got it today and when I asked how much it would cost to put the name on the store owner told me $90 and so of course I didn't get one put on just yet. That's close to what I paid for the jersey itself.

But if I could have it would have been Markov probably. If not, Koivu or Higgins. Huet is another possibility.

I have a lot of jerseys so it's hard to spend so much on them. :D 8 in all:

- Canucks Plain (one of those cheaper ones, souvenir from Vancouver)

- Team Canada Plain

- Canadiens Plain (hopefully in the not too distand future it won't be plain

- Leafs Home "O'Neill"

- Leafs Away "Wellwood"

- Leafs Alternate "Kaberle"

- Leafs Practice

- Leafs Plain (Another one of those cheaper ones)

Yeah, a majority of them are Leafs jerseys.

My name is Ben Labelle. Born & raised in Montreal, then moved to the States when I was 11 or so. I'm 34 and have been a Habs fan about as long as I can remember. My mother told me a few weeks ago that apparantly, one of my first words as a child was "maudite!" as a result of watching games on tv with my dad!

Anyway, I joined the Air Force back in '91 and haven't been stationed anywhere reasonably close to an NHL city until now; Atlanta and Tampa Bay are 6-8 hour drives away and I finally get to go to my first Habs game in Atlanta next week. I'm going to try and see a game at the Bell Centre sometime in 07-08.

My fave all-time Habs are probably The Rocket, Guy Lafleur, and Jean Beliveau. As far as the current roster goes, I can't really pick a favorite this season. They are all doing very, very well. Sheldon Souray, Guillaume Latendresse, and Chris Higgins are impressing me a lot.

Like kiwihab mentioned earlier, the only way I can "watch" the Habs is in my mind with CJAD internet radio. The cable TV down here in Mississippi stinks. Versus network or NHL Center Ice are not available. Sometimes they'll replay Montreal vs. Carolina matches on FSN, but they are few and far between. Otherwise I gotta wait til the Finals, which I am really, really, really hoping for, especially since I just got a 50" tv!

I don't really have a Canadiens "shrine," but when I buy a house in a few years, it will have a basement. I told my wife "you can do what you want with the rest of the house. Pink wallpaper if you want, I don't care, but the basement is mine! ...which will have a bar decked out in bleu, blanc et rouge. I will have Molson and Labatt on tap, and no Habs fan will be turned away!

My name is Soner, I was born in Turkey, then my family moved to Montreal when I was very young, too young to even remember, my dad is a HABS fan. I now live in Calgary... cowtown, an alright city but nothing compared to Montreal, I've been a few times since I was young.

I am anti leafs (losers since 1967)... also a huge futbol fan(soccer)... My favourite player on the habs is KOVALEV, and I also love Koivu....

Montreal is the last Canadian team to bring it back to Canada, the only team that will do it agian, one of the most successful teams in North America, and even the WORLD.

GO HABS GO

leafs suck, tucker sucks, sundin sucks, raycroft sucks, and mccabe is SOURAY'S ***** hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
My name is Ben Labelle.  Born & raised in Montreal, then moved to the States when I was 11 or so.  I'm 34 and have been a Habs fan about as long as I can remember.  My mother told me a few weeks ago that apparantly, one of my first words as a child was "maudite!" as a result of watching games on tv with my dad!  

Anyway, I joined the Air Force back in '91 and haven't been stationed anywhere reasonably close to an NHL city until now; Atlanta and Tampa Bay are 6-8 hour drives away and I finally get to go to my first Habs game in Atlanta next week.  I'm going to try and see a game at the Bell Centre sometime in 07-08.

My fave all-time Habs are probably The Rocket, Guy Lafleur, and Jean Beliveau.  As far as the current roster goes, I can't really pick a favorite this season.  They are all doing very, very well.  Sheldon Souray, Guillaume Latendresse, and Chris Higgins are impressing me a lot.

Like kiwihab mentioned earlier, the only way I can "watch" the Habs is in my mind with CJAD internet radio.  The cable TV down here in Mississippi stinks.  Versus network or NHL Center Ice are not available.  Sometimes they'll replay Montreal vs. Carolina matches on FSN, but they are few and far between.  Otherwise I gotta wait til the Finals, which I am really, really, really hoping for, especially since I just got a 50" tv!

I don't really have a Canadiens "shrine," but when I buy a house in a few years, it will have a basement.  I told my wife "you can do what you want with the rest of the house.  Pink wallpaper if you want, I don't care, but the basement is mine!   ...which will have a bar decked out in bleu, blanc et rouge.  I will have Molson and Labatt on tap, and no Habs fan will be turned away!

Welcome to the forum Ben, it's always nice to have a source of cheap beer when away on a Southern excursion. I might just take you up on it someday -lol!

No one at the moment. I just got it today and when I asked how much it would cost to put the name on the store owner told me $90 and so of course I didn't get one put on just yet.  That's close to what I paid for the jersey itself.

But if I could have it would have been Markov probably. If not, Koivu or Higgins.  Huet is another possibility.

I have a lot of jerseys so it's hard to spend so much on them. :D 8 in all:

- Canucks Plain (one of those cheaper ones, souvenir from Vancouver)

- Team Canada Plain

- Canadiens Plain (hopefully in the not too distand future it won't be plain

- Leafs Home "O'Neill"

- Leafs Away "Wellwood"

- Leafs Alternate "Kaberle"

- Leafs Practice

- Leafs Plain (Another one of those cheaper ones)

Yeah, a majority of them are Leafs jerseys.

Sounds like you have more Leafs jerseys...

That's right, you can't wear Habs jersey to ACC during a leafs game...:roll:

• 3 weeks later...

USERNAME: jennifer_rocket (the name of a band I used to be in)!

LIVING IN: Montreal, PQ.

BORN IN: Gander, NFLD. Spent several years in St. John's, NFLD.

FAVORITE CURRENT HAB: Saku Koivu

Hey! What's up!?

user name: paul_b

Hello everyone, my name is Paul and I was born in Montreal. I lived in Mercier for 10 years then moved to Toronto. I currently live in Brampton (just outside of Toronto) with my wife and my soon to be son or daughter (which is due in May).

I have always been a habs fan and I will always be one. Although, I watch a lot of hockey games that aren't Canadiens games, because well living in Toronto you don't get many games. I do watch a lot of Toronto games, I know I can already hear you guys now, but I just love hockey.

Also, I have the opportunity to get RDS, but my wife will not let me. Man oh man.

Go Habs Go!

Wow i should have done this earlier :D

My real name is Kevin, im from the West Island of Montreal, I was raised by a hockey obsessed dad, who was also very cheap (lol love ya dad!) and didnt want to "pressure" me into playing hockey if he could save a few bucks. So I didnt end up playing hockey till i was 17 years old (when are they gonna invent time machines so i can fix this horrible mistake!)

After that I, like my father, became obsessed with Hockey and the Montreal Canadiens. I am now 23 and in the past 6 years have played as much hockey as possible, in the MHL we have out here, and pick up leagues here and there. I volunteer coached for 4 teams 1 Bantam B 1 Midget B boys team and 1 Junior A and B girls team :D. I worked at Rousseau Sports for 3 years and was known for my prowess and knowledge with all things equipment related. I worked for part of a season with the Junior AAA Ste-Eustache Gladiators as an assistant equipment manager, and have many friends in hockey because of it.

I now play with players who have played levels such as AA midget and Junior, AAA junior, AAA midget, QMJHL, and Division 1 MHL which is a high level non contact league. I dont play contact because i was never in a league that allowed it, im too light for it anyway at 160lbs 5'10. Im not a superstar but i can seem to keep up with whoever I play with.

Anyway I love the habs, but at the same time hate em :D I love to see our colors and our history on the ice each time we step out there to defend the title of Greatest Hockey Franchise in history. My favorite player is Kovalev but hes not alone on my list. I love Begin and Komisarek, Souray, and Markov. Geez I love em all. I like the skill side of the game being a non contact bred player. But I do enjoy a big hit and a good fight as long as im not involved in either :D.

I hope I can bring a fresh point of view with my posts and some strong arguments to the debates. Heres to the (almost) start of whats to be many posts on this forum. Thanks for welcoming me in!

Long time fan of Les Canadiens living then in Boston and seeing so many crazy games between the two rivals... Traveled many times to Montreal to see Bruins vs. Habs, Les Nordiques vs Habs, NYR vs Habs...

Watching games now from Miami is tough but knowing that each opportunity to see a game is just a continuation of the legacy and what I hope to have happen is getting back to the finals and bringing Coupe Stanley home to the eternal city.

Merci

Username: Roy33

Live and born in Toronto and I actually worked at the gardens and the acc in the restaurant and I made sure every Leaf player I seen come in the restaurant I let them know the Habs were the best and they were garbage (got a lot of warnings for those comments lol)

Favourite Current Hab: Saku Koivu

Favourite All time Hab: Patrick Roy

it all started in 1986 when the Habs won the cup, my brother put a Habs jersey on me and the rest is history, from my frequent trips to Habs games and from all the collectibles

Go Habs Go

Username: Roy33

Live and born in Toronto and I actually worked at the gardens and the acc in the restaurant and I made sure every Leaf player I seen come in the restaurant I let them know the Habs were the best and they were garbage (got a lot of warnings for those comments lol)

Go Habs Go

If that's the case I'm impressed and welcome to the Forum!

USERNAME: Cheli24

LIVING IN: West Chester, PA

BORN IN: Philadelphia, PA

FAVORITE TEAMS: Philadelphia Flyers & Montreal Canadiens

FAVORITE CURRENT HABS: Saku Koivu, Andrei Markov & Chris Higgins

FAVORITE NON-HABS: Chris Chelios, Peter Forsberg, Mats Sundin, Paul Stastny & Evgeni Malkin

Hey, im new here but have been reading for awhile. I have been a habs fan all my life and can't wait for them to win the cup again. I just bought NHL center ice this year and it is so nice to watch all the games. Go Habs Go

USERNAME: CH Chris

LIVING IN: Columbus, OH

BORN IN: Parma, OH - grew up in Battle Creek, MI

FAVORITE CURRENT HABS: Huet, Halak, Markov, Higgins

FAVORITE ALL-TIME HABS: Lafleur, Roy, Richard, Desjardins

FAVORITE NON-HABS: Niklas Lidstrom, Rick Nash, Henrik Zetterberg

hey there my username is pistol pierre born in quebec city now live in south western ontario where it realy is hard to be a habs fan. have been a fan for 35 years. my favotite player of all time is guy lafleur. whish he had a clone lol. glad to get on with this forum.. talk later

Hey, im new here but have been reading for awhile.  I have been a habs fan all my life and can't wait for them to win the cup again.  I just bought NHL center ice this year and it is so nice to watch all the games.  Go Habs Go

Centre Ice?

Oh man, don't rub it in.

;)

Hey brothers and sisters, disciples of the one true god whose name is love. So, me. I am a Maple Leafs fan, living in York, England. My main motivation posting on here is that I want to improve my french, makes some new friends and learn about Montreal, the stuff they don't put in lonely planet, before I come out over christmas. I'm not bothered who writes to me, as long as you're open to starting an email correspondence and you speak french. I'm at jodiju@hotmail.com for email and MSN. And don't just bash me for being a Leafs fan, no-one's perfect right?

Peace out

Hé frères et soeurs, disciples de l'un dieu vrai dont le nom est amour. Ainsi, je. Je suis un ventilateur de Leafs de Maple, habitant à York, Angleterre. Ma motivation principale signalant dessus ici est que je veux améliorer mon français, fait quelques nouveaux amis et se renseigne sur Montréal, la substance qu'ils ne mettent pas en planète isolée, avant que je vienne dehors au-dessus de Noël. Je ne suis pas tracassé qui m'écrit, aussi longtemps que vous êtes ouvert de commencer une correspondance d'email et vous parlez français. Je suis à jodiju@hotmail.com pour l'email et le MSN. Et me frappent-il pas simplement pour être un ventilateur de Leafs, personne droite parfaite ?

Paix dehors

Centre Ice?  

Oh man, don't rub it in.

;)

haha, ever since I got it mid season we haven't been playing so well, I think it might be bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...

USERNAME: eye_heart_gorges26

LIVING IN: Calif.

BORN IN: Calif.

FAVORITE TEAMS: San Jose Sharks, Montreal, Philly

FAVORITE CURRENT HABS: Saku Koivu & Josh Gorges

FAVORITE NON-HABS: Scott Hannan, Eric Lindros, Michael Cammalleri