The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Official 2008 Nhl Draft Discussion Thread

HabsAdmin

Tanguay had 58 points in 78 games last season, not too shabby

since he entered the NHL his point totals have been anywhere from 48 points to 81.

Remember folks we have a player named Alex Kovalev who turned it around and then again who is to say we are going to keep A. Tanguay? This good be a part of something bigger.

either way I am happy with this trade.

that means we traded a 1st rounder for nothing.

we have a pretty good prospect bank, we are close to contending in the east lets get a possible impact player and see where it goes. the guy is a ufa next summer so there are no long term commitments if it doesnt work out

How did they get exclusive rights and no draft involved, to speak with Sundin?

It means that we are allowed to talk to him and come to terms with a contract. Basically see what it would cost to sign him here in Montreal. If Sundin decides to sign with us then we have already negotiated with Toronto what we would give them in return. Most likely a mid level draft pick.

It means that we are allowed to talk to him and come to terms with a contract. Basically see what it would cost to sign him here in Montreal. If Sundin decides to sign with us then we have already negotiated with Toronto what we would give them in return. Most likely a mid level draft pick.

I would be willing to bet it is more than a mid level pick

Columbus picked Filatov and this is Bob McKenzies comment:

McKenzie: A lot of time you get Russian players and you wonder how they will get acclimatized to North America. This guy speaks English and a little French. he wants to be here. He's already given notice to his Russian team that's he's leaving. He has a consistent work ethic and he's a strong team player.

Watch the bold part.

Well I'm leery about the Tanguay trade but I'll wait and see, at least its a roster player instead of a 3-4 year project. I'd still like to see a centre come in though. Jokenin would have been good but oh well. Plus it beats me saying who the hell was that we drafted and ranting about it for an hour like I usually do on draft day.

Archived