The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Trunev

http://www.cpv.ru/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10813

В решающем матче череповчане уступили «Ак Барсу-2» со счетом 2:6.

Казанцы выглядели на площадке заметно сильнее и заслуженно победили. В итоге нашим дублерам, как и год назад, не удалось завоевать главный трофей.

Помимо «серебра» в активе хозяев турнира три индивидуальных приза. Николай Лемтюгов стал лучшим бомбардиром турнира. Максим Трунев – лучшим нападающим, а Дениса Игнашина признали самым полезным игроком.

In the decisive match cherepovchane yielded "Ak Bars-2" with a score 2:6.

Kazantsev looked at the site noticeably stronger and deservedly won. As a result, our Rep. as a year ago, we could not win the main trophy.

In addition to "silver" in the masters tournament has three individual prizes. Nikolai Lemtyugov became the best scorer of the tournament. Maxim Trunev - the best offensive player, and Denis Ignashina recognized most useful player.

Maxim Trunev was selected 3rd overall by the Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL in the CHL import draft.

Other notables in the CHL import draft that were also selected in this year's NHL entry draft include:

Filatov (1st round NHL, CBJ) went 1st overall.

Voinov (2nd round NHL, LA) went 5th overall.

Loktionov (5th round NHL, LA) went 7th overall.

Flaake (5th round NHL, TO) went 9th overall.

Looks like Timmins was right about Trunev in that he would be quickly taken at the CHL import draft! This should be interesting.

Oh yeah, and i should probably comment on the significance of him being drafted in the CHL.

Maxim turns 18 in September. With him coming over from Russia to play in the CHL at such a young age, he'll be continuing his development as a player, and at the same time he will be "adapting" to the North American style of hockey.

Consider Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, and Grabovski.

At 18 years old, Sergei began playing with the London Knights in the OHL. After two seasons with London, he came to the AHL at 20 years old and later on in the season he became a regular with the Habs! Making and impact in the NHL at 20 years old.

At 19 years old, Andrei started playing with the Bulldogs. Afer 3 seasons with the bulldogs (some NHL time in there), he became a regular in the Habs lineup at 22 years old.

At 22 years old, Grabovski started playing for the Bulldogs. He still hasn't solidified a place in the Habs' lineup and he's 24 or 25.

This sort of shows why Timmins and many NHL GM's want their European prospects to play in the North American Leagues as soon as possible to continue their development.

Maxim Trunev was selected 3rd overall by the Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL in the CHL import draft.

Other notables in the CHL import draft that were also selected in this year's NHL entry draft include:

Filatov (1st round NHL, CBJ) went 1st overall.

Voinov (2nd round NHL, LA) went 5th overall.

Loktionov (5th round NHL, LA) went 7th overall.

Flaake (5th round NHL, TO) went 9th overall.

Looks like Timmins was right about Trunev in that he would be quickly taken at the CHL import draft! This should be interesting.

Thanks for the information! We always have exciting young Europeans to be interested in!

I hope he makes the jump and has a great CHL year!

wow 3rd overall in the chl, meaning he was chosen first overall in the whl! I bet this trunev kid turns out to be quite the player. Gotta give props to mr. timmins and of course gainey on yet another great pick

I hope he's in a WinterHawk uniform come September, it would definately mean that he probably wants to play in the NHL (and for the Habs) eventually...but its not set in stone that he will report to Portland

What caused this kid to slip? Injuries? Lack of Experience?

he was one of the younger guys in the draft (if he was born 8 days later he would have been eligible for the 2009 draft) and I don't think he was playing for one of the main leagues in Russia I tink it was a Tier 2 leauge so yeah lack of experience may have been a big part of it...but hopefully he'll decide to come to North America and play for Portland of the WHL and show off his skill in a much bigger stage.....and don't worry this kid was a sleeper and will definately be one of our better picks (if not the best pick) of the 2008 NHL entry draft

Maxim Trunev, F

“Our Euro scouts describe him as a combination of the two Kostitsyn brothers,” Timmins explained. “He was the MVP of the Mac’s midget tournament earlier this year in Calgary and he’s one of the youngest players in the draft.”

Trunev, a native of Kirovo-Chepetsk, Russia, has average size and room to grow on his frame. He played with Cherepovets 2 in the Russia-3 league.

The absence of a European transfer agreement didn’t scare the club off selecting the young Russian. “He’s already expressed an interest in coming to North America to play in the CHL,” Timmins said. “And we know there are numerous CHL teams interested in him.

“We take the best player at the time, regardless of where they are. If we were concerned about [international hockey transfer issues] we wouldn’t have selected Sergei when we did.”

Timmins said that he expects Trunev’s development path to mirror that of Sergei Kostitsyn – in terms of playing early in junior.

Source: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1046...8_draft_review/

Maxim Trunev, F

“Our Euro scouts describe him as a combination of the two Kostitsyn brothers,” Timmins explained. “He was the MVP of the Mac’s midget tournament earlier this year in Calgary and he’s one of the youngest players in the draft.”

Trunev, a native of Kirovo-Chepetsk, Russia, has average size and room to grow on his frame. He played with Cherepovets 2 in the Russia-3 league.

The absence of a European transfer agreement didn’t scare the club off selecting the young Russian. “He’s already expressed an interest in coming to North America to play in the CHL,” Timmins said. “And we know there are numerous CHL teams interested in him.

“We take the best player at the time, regardless of where they are. If we were concerned about [international hockey transfer issues] we wouldn’t have selected Sergei when we did.”

Timmins said that he expects Trunev’s development path to mirror that of Sergei Kostitsyn – in terms of playing early in junior.

Source: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1046...8_draft_review/

A combination of the kostitsyn brothers! If he turns out to be half of what they expect he will be the steal of the draft IMHO

Some info: by me

Portland Winter Hawks drafted Trunev 3rd overall in the import draft. Out of 22 teams, Portland Winter Hawks is the worst one with 11 wins, 58 losses with a total of 25 points. The 2nd worst WHL team is Red deer with 43 points. Portland has terrible offence and goaltending with a mediocoire defence and are praying that Trunev could save them from being last.

Some info: by me

Portland Winter Hawks drafted Trunev 3rd overall in the import draft. Out of 22 teams, Portland Winter Hawks is the worst one with 11 wins, 58 losses with a total of 25 points. The 2nd worst WHL team is Red deer with 43 points. Portland has terrible offence and goaltending with a mediocoire defence and are praying that Trunev could save them from being last.

I think it should be a great place to develop...being most likely the star or one of the stars of the team he should get a lot of ice time and also have to create offence for himself so we will really see what hes made off....the whl is the best place for him to go too because as a european he can play in the most defenisve and toughest league in the chl which should add some toughness and grit to that great speed and skill set he has

I agree its a good place to develop but he wont get that many points. WHL very tough and defencive while Trunev wont have anybody to play with (as of now).

I agree he probably won't get many points but it can be a very good thing he has no one to play with..that will give him some leadership qualities and moving up to the big leagues he won't be that player who gets his points through other players and I think it will make him a great player for those reasons because instead of relying on players to get him going he will think hes got to do the work which will be a great quality IMO. I'm very eager to watch this kid develop as I think he has alot of talent and potential...adding the hard work, grit and leadership he will learn from the whl and the team he is on should make him one heck of a player I hope.