Position: Right Wing/Left Wing

Shoots: Right

Height: 5'11

Weight: 174

Birthdate: 9-7-90

Hometown: Kirovo-Chepetsk, Russia

Acquired: 2008 Draft, 5th round, 138th overall

Strengths

Is said to be highly skilled with the puck, good skating and foot speed. Was MVP of the MAC Midget tournament in Calgary. Played one game in the RSL this year, currently is the Habs youngest prospect. Could play in the CHL next season.

Weaknesses

Likely needs to add strength and mass to his frame, is said to hold onto the puck for too long, needs to use his linemates better and more often.

From Habs Prospects.com

Hmm, so he is the youngest guy we have, supposedly highly skilled and an implied puckhog. His contract status is currently unknown, but I wonder what kind of attitude this kid has. If he moves to the CHL right away and works hard he might turn out good.

Wonder if he could grow another inch and if his frame is wide enough to gain 20 more pounds...

maybe a better dany briere if not though wouldnt mind that at all:) speed would be good

• 3 weeks later...
id love to see him actually turn out like pat kane hahah thatd be great

I watched him play in the WJC last year and he is definitely not Briere,he has talent and does things at high speed but no huge upside that I seen.

I bet it's just people taking the measurements. I don't know anyone who grew 3 inches after the age of 18.
I do. I saw it with my own eyes, although I think it started at 17. Anyway 6'0" to 6'5" from age 17 to age 19. Not too often, but it happens.

Odds are more likely, stretching of the height figure, though. ;)

Just published an interview with Trunev: http://www.russianprospect.com/interviews/...longer-you-play

Well let's hope that he stays in Alma for a while and gets lots of icetime, sitting on the bench or getting 5-10 minutes every 3 games isn't doing much for his development. He would be better served playing in the AHL and learning to play in our arenas where the play is faster with more contact.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...