The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

First song I heard was "Gone Away". They have never been able to get close to that level since & have slowly faded away although I still follow them.

They've made their money... For me Americana was their last good album, definitely the 1st 2 are my favorites.

I also like Foo Fighters! anyone?

Meh, a few good songs, but I prefer Dave Grohl as a drummer... He's an average guitarist, but an incredible drummer.

They've made their money... For me Americana was their last good album, definitely the 1st 2 are my favorites.

Meh, a few good songs, but I prefer Dave Grohl as a drummer... He's an average guitarist, but an incredible drummer.

Oh man, he's amazing in Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures.

I definitely do like the Foo Fighters as well though, he's a pretty strong vocalist too.

Oh man, he's amazing in Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures.

I definitely do like the Foo Fighters as well though, he's a pretty strong vocalist too.

He only did one album with Queens of the stone age (can't remember if it was the blue or red CD). His presence definitely put QSA on the map.

Have only heard Them crooker vultures a few times... John Paul Jones is in that band as well, it's like an all-star cast of musicians.

• 4 weeks later...
Woo, same here, got mine last weekend! But Dream Theatre's not playing in Winnipeg.

Really?? who's opening? that sucks. They are one of the reasons I am going. Meh, who am I kidding ? I'd go see Maiden for the 20th time or so no matter who opens LOL

Mmmm, I seem to have a different music taste than most of here.

I listen to:

Jamiroquai

Incognito

The Brand New Heavies

Herbie Hancock's Headhunters

Santana (yes Santana is the name of Carlos Santana's band)

Marc Moulin's Placebo (not to confound with Brian Molko's Placebo)

And finally:

Frank Zappa's Mothers (of Invention) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJN_uWaVRfo

He only did one album with Queens of the stone age (can't remember if it was the blue or red CD). His presence definitely put QSA on the map.

Have only heard Them crooker vultures a few times... John Paul Jones is in that band as well, it's like an all-star cast of musicians.

i've liked almost every queens album (and kyuss was good too) but you're right dave grohl's name added some star power.

them crooked vultures rocks. fav track: mind eraser, no chaser

I'm pretty sure the album he was on with Queens of the Stone Age was "Songs for the Deaf", but in fairness that is likely their best/biggest album as well.

The TCV album starts to drag a bit by the end but the first half is pretty solid, IMO.

yes, it was songs for the deaf.

speaking of dave grohl, as much as i've loved his side projects (tenacious d was pretty fun too) i find the foo fighters have gone soft. very disappointing. i used to love that band. :(

• 4 weeks later...
I still can't get over how big green day's gotten... back in the day we'd buy ticket for something like $10.00 each. Often their shows would be canceled due to poor ticket sales... Now, they sell out the Bell Center.

Yeah, they've gotten so big, there's now a musical ("American Idiot") based around their music... :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idiot_(musical)

• 4 weeks later...