The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

NBA

BarbraT

Does Cleveland go into the tank now that they've also lost Ilgaukas (do I have his name spelled right)?

I don't follow basketball that much, but if they go into tank mode, it won't be because of the loss of Ilgauskas..he's lost more than a step in the past few years..his production has slowly declined.

He's not a bad player, but he wouldn't have been able to carry the Cavs on his own.

I like how Michael Jordan dissed LeBron James.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ove?eref=fromSI

Is the new Big Three offending the NBA's old guard? The latest Big Three backlash came Sunday from none other than Michael Jordan, who contributed his weighty opinion to the debate about whether LeBron James should've teamed up with two superstars instead of trying to beat them. "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after finishing tied for 22nd in the American Century Championship golf tournament in Stateline, Nev. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys." ... "Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this," Charles Barkley told the Arizona Republic this week. "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

I like how Michael Jordan dissed LeBron James.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ove?eref=fromSI

I don't really think he's dissing LeBron. Just sharing his opinion on all of this. I don't think LeBron, Wade or Bosh were offended by this either....

and for the record, I agree with Micheal, in that LeBron shoulda stayed. But that's only if he actually wants to be considered as a "greatest of all time" player. IMO, LeBron now isn't ever gonna be ranked with Jordan, Magic, etc. Some may disagree but the thing is, even if you disagree with valid reason, the media in general, and basketball fans in general are gonna be ranking him lower than Jordan and etc. Howevr, maybe LeBron doesn't care much for being in the discussion of "best of all time". Then, going to Miami to play with 2 good friends, while getting paid millions is a great move.

"Toronto's a great place, a fantastic city," Bosh told the Herald. "It's a metropolitan area, but you could tell you're somewhere different. You could feel it, you could look at it, you can smell it. Everything. All your senses tell you you're somewhere different."

honestly...lol

After 7 years of being in Toronto you still found it different? Well then, sir, you are an idiot. Toronto is such a multicultural city, what did you want it to be? A two coloured town that didn't promote difference? You were a loser when you were here, and I'm sure you'll be out of Miami before you know what hits you. I don't see you being there to play out your contract buddy, they'll trade you in a season or two. What a fool. He also said he didn't want to come here and play when he got drafted by the Raptors.

I wouldn't go that far, especially if the three of them have success. I don't think hockey is seen in a positive or negative light. I think it's just in the dark. It only gets attention if something really good happens or something really bad. It's in the same state NASCAR used to be in. Before it was on ESPN, it was largely ignored and poked fun at. That's how hockey has been since it moved to Versus.

Yeah, but in ten years his free agency isn't going to be a huge deal. A lot can happen in ten years and it's unlikely that he's still going to be popping 50 goals and 100 points a year by that time.

Imagine that Maurice Richard, in his prime, had decided to go to Toronto to announce that he was leaving the Habs to join Gordie Howe in Detroit. That is how Cavs fans are feeling. On top of that, much of the anger has to do with how he handled it. All he had to do was make a simple press release earlier in the week thanking Cleveland for the last 7 years, but that he felt it was best for him to move on. Instead, he created a whole circus act with days of buildup so that he could have his own television special. How self-important. Fans who loved him and thought he was a classy guy found out the truth about him and it hurts.

That would certainly have made headlines for sure,but also,it would have made headlines repeatedly until the battle over who keeps the number 99 was solved! :lol::rolleyes:

Would the Raptors have more fans if they moved to Kansas City?

Toronto is the 4th biggest market in sports ... I doubt it ...When they're winning they sell out quite a bit... This was a team that went into the allstar break last year sitting 5th in the east and then guys like Bosh and Turkolu just gave up and got hurt continuously and they lost their way out of the playoffs...Its not that fans dont show up to games, because trust me, they do...I go to a few games every year myself, its not that expensive, you can get decent seats between 20-50 a ticket...nosebleeds (which arent that bad either btw) are 12$...I've seen Jordan play at the ACC a few times...but its not that the raptors dont get support from the fans, because they do...theres quite the following for basketball out here

Shaq signs with my Celtics. Wow as if we need to get even older.

good move imo.... theres not a very good chance that they can get younger and maintain a championship team, so it seems like their gonna try it one more time this year (and possibly 1 more year).

IMO, Boston could beat Miami; both O'neil's, Garnett, Perkins (when healthy), and Davis in the paint will shut down Bosh, and stop Wade and Lebron from slashing in, forcing them to be more perimeter players. If they can do that, then I think Boston has a good chance. Rondo will most likely be the better point guard and possibly dominate the match up, Allen can get hot anytime, and Pierce is Pierce.

Adding Shaq also helps against Gasol, Odem, and Bynum in LA. Kobe will be a year older (but still elite ofcourse) and last year Boston did a pretty good job guarding him (I think). Hate to say it but I think a HEALTHY Boston team has a very chance at another title.

good move imo.... theres not a very good chance that they can get younger and maintain a championship team, so it seems like their gonna try it one more time this year (and possibly 1 more year).

IMO, Boston could beat Miami; both O'neil's, Garnett, Perkins (when healthy), and Davis in the paint will shut down Bosh, and stop Wade and Lebron from slashing in, forcing them to be more perimeter players. If they can do that, then I think Boston has a good chance. Rondo will most likely be the better point guard and possibly dominate the match up, Allen can get hot anytime, and Pierce is Pierce.

Adding Shaq also helps against Gasol, Odem, and Bynum in LA. Kobe will be a year older (but still elite ofcourse) and last year Boston did a pretty good job guarding him (I think). Hate to say it but I think a HEALTHY Boston team has a very chance at another title.

I love what you said! :D

As much as I hate the Bruins, the Celtics have earned my grudging respect, because, far from being the most prestigious NBA team (that's the Lakers) they are poised to win the Larry O'Brien Trophy (or Cup). Just like the CH could go to the Stanley Cup final if its players remain healthy.

Then again, the NBA took a serious hit over the past few years because some of their star players made really bad stuff that no NHL star player would do (not even Ovechkin) and that only NHL not-that-greats would even dare to do. Plus LeBron's over-hype over his future.

As much as I hate the Bruins, the Celtics have earned my grudging respect, because, far from being the most prestigious NBA team (that's the Lakers) they are poised to win the Larry O'Brien Trophy (or Cup). Just like the CH could go to the Stanley Cup final if its players remain healthy.

The Celtics still have more titles than the Lakers and no NBA dynasty was greater that the Celtics during the Bill Russell years.

Are the Celtics purchasing a championship team?

Apparently, they're trying to. Maybe they think if George Steinbrenner could do it, so can they. But that only works for so long. Besides, what does O'Neal have left in the tank? He could never hit free throws to save his life.