The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

when Glen comes back and he goes back to Hamilton i hope thats the last time we ever see him

Why?

So now Chipchura leads the team in faceoff percentage with 66.7%.

I like the kid but he's just not going to cut it. The weak puck play and bad defensive mistakes are just something you can't have from a "checking" centre. He has to clear waivers to go back down to Hamilton I believe, and I don't have any problem with that at all.

I like the kid but he's just not going to cut it. The weak puck play and bad defensive mistakes are just something you can't have from a "checking" centre. He has to clear waivers to go back down to Hamilton I believe, and I don't have any problem with that at all.

I'm actually looking forward to that day...

Better then his linemates. So why are they not waived?

Looked good with Lapierre on the PK.

I would actually consider putting Chips with Lapierre and Latendresse. Two defensive centers should allow Latendresse to drive the net. Chips could get the puck out for these guys.

Yes, Chips has made some mistakes but I think he has played a lot better in the past 2 games. I cannot say the same about Laraque.

Better then his linemates. So why are they not waived?

Looked good with Lapierre on the PK.

I would actually consider putting Chips with Lapierre and Latendresse. Two defensive centers should allow Latendresse to drive the net. Chips could get the puck out for these guys.

Yes, Chips has made some mistakes but I think he has played a lot better in the past 2 games. I cannot say the same about Laraque.

If you're asking if I think Laraque should be playing, the answer is no also. I'm not really impressed with anything Kyle brings to the table and I don't think the organization is either based on the fact they have a 35 year old they got off waivers ahead of him.

No kidding. I'm shocked at how badly his play has deteriorated. A couple of years ago, he looked way better on the boards and in the defensive zone. Now, I hold my breath when his line's on the ice, and not for the right reasons.

It's five years since he was drafted and he's as far away from grabbing a roster spot as he ever was.

Yeah I was really hoping too see Chipchura break out and solidify a roster spot. After the goal against last night (the one were he lost his stick) I thought he looked pretty badly but later RDS reviewed the play and showed that he really didn't have any passing options because his linemates were not positioned well. Obviously he could have improvised but I don't think he is playing as badly as it looks overall. His FO% is good and he is putting up a good effort. I think that once the team gels into the new system better (his line in particular) he will look much better. GL Chips.

Kyle Chipchura is absolutely awful.

0 pts, -6

Laraque has more points and a better plus minus than Chipchura playing on the same line.....

The fact that players like Chipchura , Laraque and Pacioretty are all getting starts and Sergei Kostitsyn hasn't played a regular season game yet is indicative of the reasons that the Montreal Canadiens are currently posting a 2-5-0 record.

No kidding. I'm shocked at how badly his play has deteriorated. A couple of years ago, he looked way better on the boards and in the defensive zone. Now, I hold my breath when his line's on the ice, and not for the right reasons.

It's five years since he was drafted and he's as far away from grabbing a roster spot as he ever was.

Maybe that is why the Habs 1st round draft in 2004 (18th overall) was given a one year contract in the off season.

defensive center? he doesnt defend anything

getting beat lastnight on the opening goal told the story, weak and slow on the puck ended up loosing it and it ended up in our net

I'm really not seeing how he's that bad out there.

He's made some terrible plays on the puck that have resulted in goals against and his defensive play hasn't been anything to write home about. He just really isn't doing anything to help the team win games at all and is at times a liability out there IMO.

Yes, people have exaggerated his struggles but he still hasn't been very good and for someone who was on the bubble he didn't help his cause.

He's made some terrible plays on the puck that have resulted in goals against and his defensive play hasn't been anything to write home about. He just really isn't doing anything to help the team win games at all and is at times a liability out there IMO.

Yes, people have exaggerated his struggles but he still hasn't been very good and for someone who was on the bubble he didn't help his cause.

Yeah, he's had a few weak plays in our zone but that's to be expected from one of our young guys still learning at the NHL level. Other than that I thought he's been pretty good actually. He's been strong in the offensive zone with the puck, also noticed a few times him backchecking and breaking up plays, and he's also leading the team in face off percentage.

The guy also didn't have the benefit of preseason, and likely wasn't where he normally is conditioning wise. I see him improving (slowly) but its gonna take time. I'm holding out hope for the guy.

i agree. he is a 4th line centerman and could be switched to the wing also but his game seems to slowly be getting better

Everytime Chipchura is on the ice and things seem to go wrong, the RDS analysts always seem to criticize him and aren't to fond of him. They say he doesn't have the speed (Benoit Brunet points that out mostly every game), work ethic and team work to be in the NHL. Quite frankly, I don't think his speed is mediocre at all, he's quicker than Laraque and Gill IMHO. His work ethic and team work is decent as well. Overall, he's an average player with the career potential of a third line centerman.

What do you think?

Everytime Chipchura is on the ice and things seem to go wrong, the RDS analysts always seem to criticize him and aren't to fond of him. They say he doesn't have the speed (Benoit Brunet points that out mostly every game), work ethic and team work to be in the NHL. Quite frankly, I don't think his speed is mediocre at all, he's quicker than Laraque and Gill IMHO. His work ethic and team work is decent as well. Overall, he's an average player with the career potential of a third line centerman.

What do you think?

He certainly has that potential, but his time is running out.

I actually dont mind this guy. Actually, I'd keep him over laraque or metropolit if it came down to it. Losing him would be a mistake IMO; he will go somewhere else and prosper because he is taking a little long to develop. He just needs some more playing time with the big boys as he seems to play better in each successive game.

I actually dont mind this guy. Actually, I'd keep him over laraque or metropolit if it came down to it. Losing him would be a mistake IMO; he will go somewhere else and prosper because he is taking a little long to develop. He just needs some more playing time with the big boys as he seems to play better in each successive game.

for what he is going to bring to the table during his career i think we can safely make a pass on the guy, dime a dozen guys like him