The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

He came off as having chemistry with latendresse which is a surprise.

If that can be replicated against some good teams I'll be convinced.

Mission Accomplished.

He played very well with Latendresse against the better New York team.

According to nhl.com he's 51% on faceoffs this year, that was his biggest handicap and he seems to have improved. That probably doesn't include his 5/11 tonight.

I think it's his 3rd game in a row of over 10 minutes a game and not being in the minus column.

Don't be so quick to label a guy a career AHLer.

2 good games out of too many sucking isnt going to chance my opinion on the guy. but jacques may be able to save his career

He's lucky none of Pacioretty/Latendresse/D'Agostini/SKostitsyn earned that second line winger spot.

If one of them had earned it, Lapierre would have stayed at center, and Chipchura playing like crap is possibly the last we would have seen at him.

takes time to become comfortable playing and it looks like he's finally finding his game...with a real coach we might see what this guy is really capable of in the nhl...starting to look better out there and getting good chances...

He's lucky none of Pacioretty/Latendresse/D'Agostini/SKostitsyn earned that second line winger spot.

If one of them had earned it, Lapierre would have stayed at center, and Chipchura playing like crap is possibly the last we would have seen at him.

Agreed. Chipchura is playing better in the past few games, but if Dags or Patches catches fire on the second line, his days are numbered. Lapierre will slide back to center on a lower line, and Kyle will be riding pine or down in Hamilton.

Agreed. Chipchura is playing better in the past few games, but if Dags or Patches catches fire on the second line, his days are numbered. Lapierre will slide back to center on a lower line, and Kyle will be riding pine or down in Hamilton.

Why would we sent him to Hamilton? Chips has to clear waivers and someone would pick him up. So far his FO% is good. His game is getting better. He is willing to drop the gloves. His play on the PK is good. Don't forget that Chips missed training camp and the first few games recovering from shoulder surgery.

I believe that there are three lines that would be good for Chips.

The current line with Latendress - Chips - Dags is doing some good work although I think this line could be better.

Lapierre - Chips - Dags could be a better 3rd line as Latendresse is not playing good enough.

The best line assuming Latendresse gets his game going would be Latendresse - Chips - Lapierre with two possible FO players, two players that play good together on the PK, and a big forward to get goals

I hope that Patches or Dags or Cammi gets onto the 2nd line and gets it going. I don't see how Lapierre returning to the 3rd line somehow means that Chips is then worthless. Just doesn't make an sense.

Our team is going with a 22 man roster currently. It does not make an sense to send a good young player who is working hard every shift after getting no training camp. Extremely like that any trip to the AHL would result in someone claiming Chips off waivers. Then Montreal gets an injury and we are without a good young player. If a tough decision has to be made regarding our roster Metro (UFA end of the year), Laraque (expensive goon that does not fight), or Patches (does not have to clear waivers) would be much higher on the list of players that should be sent to the AHL.

Why would we sent him to Hamilton? Chips has to clear waivers and someone would pick him up. So far his FO% is good. His game is getting better. He is willing to drop the gloves. His play on the PK is good. Don't forget that Chips missed training camp and the first few games recovering from shoulder surgery.

I believe that there are three lines that would be good for Chips.

The current line with Latendress - Chips - Dags is doing some good work although I think this line could be better.

Lapierre - Chips - Dags could be a better 3rd line as Latendresse is not playing good enough.

The best line assuming Latendresse gets his game going would be Latendresse - Chips - Lapierre with two possible FO players, two players that play good together on the PK, and a big forward to get goals

I hope that Patches or Dags or Cammi gets onto the 2nd line and gets it going. I don't see how Lapierre returning to the 3rd line somehow means that Chips is then worthless. Just doesn't make an sense.

Our team is going with a 22 man roster currently. It does not make an sense to send a good young player who is working hard every shift after getting no training camp. Extremely like that any trip to the AHL would result in someone claiming Chips off waivers. Then Montreal gets an injury and we are without a good young player. If a tough decision has to be made regarding our roster Metro (UFA end of the year), Laraque (expensive goon that does not fight), or Patches (does not have to clear waivers) would be much higher on the list of players that should be sent to the AHL.

I agree 100%. I especially like the suggestion of laps-chips-lats; that could be a very nice line. And I also agree that if someone needs to be lost then BGL is heading the list.

I agree 100%. I especially like the suggestion of laps-chips-lats; that could be a very nice line. And I also agree that if someone needs to be lost then BGL is heading the list.

I like this suggestion as a line too... worth a try. IMO we definitely have to give Kyle this season to make or break it. My bet is he will be a winner if given the chance.

I like this suggestion as a line too... worth a try. IMO we definitely have to give Kyle this season to make or break it. My bet is he will be a winner if given the chance.

I think so, too. It's funny how people were giving him heck, but being "patient" because he missed camp. Then, the other morning on Habs I/O, silly ol' Boone was saying he might be future captain material again. What a load of nonsense. I hope he maintains his good play, but it's wild how up and down people get over our young players sometimes. I think, given a moderate amount of ice time, he will be a mild success this season.

chips is looking better aand better. most of our young secondary players are starting to look better and better.

i think alot has to do with their roles and what jm is teaching these kids. he is constantly putting them in a position to succeed.

chips effort and smart play is starting to grow on me.