The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Andre Bergeron

Apparently this guy has a boomer from the point. That could be neat for our power play. I youtubed him and when he was playing for Edmonton, he beaned a Dallas keeper in the mask and put him down for the count. So far there have been maybe a handful of point shots for us that have even made it to the net this year. Maybe this is what our team needs to persuade opposing defenders to allow our shots to the net.

He has 6 assists and is a plus 6 already, with the Bulldogs. Lets get him up here, how could it hurt.

I think he will help quite a bit - but the guy hasn't been skating with a team until his four AHL games - it is a big jump from solo practices to the NHL!!! anyway I think there is quite a small limit on how many rehab games you are allowed before waivers - I hope to see him Mon and Tues in Hamilton against Manitoba - but he may already be over his AHL limit - anyone know????

From tsn aswell

The Montreal Canadiens recalled defenceman Marc-Andre Bergeron from the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs on Sunday. The Canadiens also assigned defenseman Shawn Belle to the Bulldogs. - Media Release

About TIME.

Someone who has a knack for scoring.....

At this point, who cares about his D is, We need someoe who can put the puck toward the Net.

It was HORRIBLE last game, we had lik 1000 shots blocked and 10000 shots miss the net.

Someone please Hit the net, im sure he will be our man

I was there to watch the bulldogs home opener. I agree, he is not good defensively, but just give him the puck on the PP and watch out! Lil guy with big shot is absolutely correct.

How long do we need to keep this guy down there,

We have 0 OFFENCE, call him up already

I sure hope we see him on Tuesday. I will be in attendance and want to see a win. Bergeron, should he be able to help the powerplay, could be integral to us turning around this horrid home-stand.

Apparently this guy has a boomer from the point. That could be neat for our power play. I youtubed him and when he was playing for Edmonton, he beaned a Dallas keeper in the mask and put him down for the count. So far there have been maybe a handful of point shots for us that have even made it to the net this year. Maybe this is what our team needs to persuade opposing defenders to allow our shots to the net.

Well.help is on the way....looking forward to watching him out there,to be honest,do not know alot about him,from all the positive recent posts....sounds like he'll difinitly add to our power-play....this is good....someone from the point with a booming shot....

Right about now...we need all the help we can get out there.

Oh noes. I was just speaking to my brother(a huge oilers fan, and also a very good junior A player in his time) about MA Bergeron. Good things were not said about him.

I'm not keeping my hopes too high, however, having a hard point shot could be good for us.

ColRouleBleu: I agree with that. On the 5-3, they just kept giving it out to the point, but Ottawa was collapsing in front of the net. It was a pretty frustrating spectacle indeed.

I'm not holding my breath..I don't think MAB will help all that much...

Our PP is waning because we lost our best puck mover for the year..Markov has the ability to find that open guy for a open shot..MAB is more of a shooter...

Anyone see that 5-3 PP we had the other night? Not one of our D-man could find the open guy..They kept firing the puck at the defender's shins...Open it up by passing it around..What's the rush when you have a full 2 minutes?

That is what our PP needs..A set up guy on the point...

Maybe Gomer can fill that role...I would certainly try it..

I think he might in the short term but long term .............. :mellow:

Yup. If we're relying on a one-year UFA signing to improve our offense only 7 games into the season, we're not in good shape.

MAB might help our PP somewhat, but he's not the answer to our inability to score even-strength goals, and is just as much of a liability defensively as the rest of our blue line.

We are so bad defensively already, how does this guy get any even strength time? I guess we try for 10 games to see if he can spark the offence and not make too many defensive blunders. I think he will be on a real short leash, and has a real good shot of not finishing the season in Montreal.

I'm not holding my breath..I don't think MAB will help all that much...

Our PP is waning because we lost our best puck mover for the year..Markov has the ability to find that open guy for a open shot..MAB is more of a shooter...

Anyone see that 5-3 PP we had the other night? Not one of our D-man could find the open guy..They kept firing the puck at the defender's shins...Open it up by passing it around..What's the rush when you have a full 2 minutes?

That is what our PP needs..A set up guy on the point...

Maybe Gomer can fill that role...I would certainly try it..

Anybody know Sergei Kostitsyn's number? Bob? Jacques?

Yup. If we're relying on a one-year UFA signing to improve our offense only 7 games into the season, we're not in good shape.

MAB might help our PP somewhat, but he's not the answer to our inability to score even-strength goals, and is just as much of a liability defensively as the rest of our blue line.

Well, and if our biggest problem is losing markov, one guy who is not named Chara, Lidstrom or similar will NOT be the answer.

Well, and if our biggest problem is losing markov, one guy who is not named Chara, Lidstrom or similar will NOT be the answer.

Exactly... You can't replace a player like that.

He'll definitely help, I'm just worried what he will do defensively. One more fresh face to an already crippled defense. Markov not only helps on the PP, but he's the backbone of the defense. Without him the guys are running around looking lost and out of place.

One good thing... When you're struggling and down in the basement, the only direction to go is up. JM isn't going to stand for mediocre defensive play and brain farts.

This team is bound to wake up... it ain't over til the fat lady sings and she's not scheduled to sing for another 7 months.

More than enough time to become a competitive team.

One good thing... When you're struggling and down in the basement, the only direction to go is up. J

This team is bound to wake up... it ain't over til the fat lady sings and she's not scheduled to sing for another 7 months.

Hopefully true on the 1st part.

And on the 2nd....true,it's 82 games,not 20.....lot's of time to shape up......and they better start soonnnnnnnnnnn. :D