The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Andre Bergeron

What happened?

armstrong found him with his head down in back of the net, and put him wobblily.

how dirty the hit was is open to debate, as it is a very rough game.

personally i found the hit one that could only happen from a player with a nasty attitude to get into position for such a hit in the first place, but according the the rules of the game it was clean to my mind.

my point is looking at the picture of muller and mab discussing something on habs inside out- well let's just say i don't have any less of a problem with muller than i had before the game started- and i'm for dumping kirk.

armstrong found him with his head down in back of the net, and put him wobblily.

how dirty the hit was is open to debate, as it is a very rough game.

personally i found the hit one that could only happen from a player with a nasty attitude to get into position for such a hit in the first place, but according the the rules of the game it was clean to my mind.

my point is looking at the picture of muller and mab discussing something on habs inside out- well let's just say i don't have any less of a problem with muller than i had before the game started- and i'm for dumping kirk.

I take it that it was the kind of hit that Armstrong laid out on Koivu behind the net a few years ago when we still had Souray who pounded him for it.

I take it that it was the kind of hit that Armstrong laid out on Koivu behind the net a few years ago when we still had Souray who pounded him for it.

Armstrong should get a pounding, no intent to injure there. If there was intent then hand him his head clean or not. Can't have our players run without consequences right?

Was it because of the hit he looked totally lost all game.

I sure hope soo

Speed... what speed? Experience... he looked worse than Weber and/or Belle! Icing on the cake... being paired with arguably the worst d-man (Gill... Martin brainfart IMO), losing his stick... therefore lost on the play that lead to the tying goal. A comedy of errors :unsure:

Things couldn't have gone worse for his first game. This was not fun to watch... but hey, the Boys on RDS and TQS made sure they didn't dwell on it... I wonder why?

poor guy, i dont think he was fully realizing he was a hab playing at the bell centre. so nervous, understandably so too. things will sink in in the next couple of days, he'll be ok

If you're referring to the possible injury, it would appear that way... but as for nerves and performance I personally don't understand how he could be more nervous than the two rookies that played before him (Webr, Belle), but he was or just isn't that good period.

If you're referring to the possible injury, it would appear that way... but as for nerves and performance I personally don't understand how he could be more nervous than the two rookies that played before him (Webr, Belle), but he was or just isn't that good period.

who said 'more' ... the 2 rookies were quite nervous too, the difference is that they have no experience to fall back on. by he'll be ok, i meant his play will be ok . notice i'm not saying 'good', i dont see bergeron as the second coming or a savior or whatever. he'll play his role the the next games, which he didn't do tonight.

Tough debut, couldn't use his shot, penalty on his first shift, got his bell rang by Armstrong, picking up his stick just before the equalizer. He seemed rusty but I liked his skating, passing and stickhandling. He'll be resourceful for sure, give him a few games and he'll be okay.

Tough debut, couldn't use his shot, penalty on his first shift, got his bell rang by Armstrong, picking up his stick just before the equalizer. He seemed rusty but I liked his skating, passing and stickhandling. He'll be resourceful for sure, give him a few games and he'll be okay.

VERY rusty..but I have watched him in Edmonton and Minny. He will be fine. Hasn't played NHL caliber since early last april.

Hmmm... we'll see :unsure:

His debut was less-than-stellar. What I can't understand is how did he not see Armstrong coming?! I "replayed the replay" over and over again, and just before Bergeron got the puck he looked up right in the direction Armstrong came from! Dude, he wasn't coming over to give you a hug and welcome you back to the NHL... :blink:

His debut was less-than-stellar. What I can't understand is how did he not see Armstrong coming?! I "replayed the replay" over and over again, and just before Bergeron got the puck he looked up right in the direction Armstrong came from! Dude, he wasn't coming over to give you a hug and welcome you back to the NHL... :blink:

I noticed that too. To the point where on the replay I thought he'd get out of the way. LOL

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? I hope he's okay.

Take a hit to make a play? :huh::lol::P

I thought Bergeron's debut was decent. I would give the guy some time to shake of the rust (he was no worse than Gill was, anyway). I hope he improves and contributes to our awful powerplay. I mean, if he doesn't, what use was the signing? It's too bad he dropped his stick on Atlanta's tying goal. It would have been nice to take one in regulation.

It's too bad he dropped his stick on Atlanta's tying goal. It would have been nice to take one in regulation.

I think after that hit, Bergeron forgot he was even carrying a stick - if it hadn't made a noise when it hit the ice to remind him, he might have skated off without it.

Yeah....he definitely should NOT have continued playing after that hit....which he should've seen coming...

However, midway through the third (after he cost us the Armstrong goal), I thought he played pretty well. Hopefully he'll have a good game tomorrow.

And you're right jennifer - he definitely didn't play worse than Gill and we REALLY need him to help our powerplay!!