The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Andre Bergeron

When I saw the highlight (i missed the game) my first reaction to that was,

"How in the world can an NHL defenseman be that stupid?" Like I know usually there should be a winger along the boards (even though he was skating to the right side and if there was a winger there he may have started to come over towards the middle a little more) but still, how the heck does one think to do a blind behind the back pass in your own zone??

If it was a 2 foot pass I understand, but trying to go from behind the net to the sideboards/hashmarks? :lol:

I'm going to (delusionally) continue to hope he will score a goal in every game and only cause a goal in every second game! Sample size: The last two games. :lol::lol:

Sadly, This is the only move that would have worked ... No young defense ready to contribute..? Sigh On the bright side he has been what was expected and took a heck of hit and played rest of game.. most of his type of players sit it out after a hit like that.. Show guts

Managing Bergeron during the away games will be the challenge. So far he's been at home - I'm anxious to see what happens this week against some very good teams.

Agreed.

Wednesday night in Pittsburgh might be a different story. Sid the Squid and Malkin aren't going to be so easy for someone like Bergeron to control down low.

Agreed.

Wednesday night in Pittsburgh might be a different story. Sid the Squid and Malkin aren't going to be so easy for someone like Bergeron to control down low.

:lol: you have more faith in bergeron than i do. i'd say, "downright impossible for someone like bergeron to control down low.' but we'll see.

he seemed more confident with each shift last night and i'm willing to be patient given that he was thrown into a new team after the season started.