The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Benoit Pouliot

facepalmsc.jpg

I hope this is just a practice move that doesn't reflect what Martin's planning to do for the next game, because if it is, I hate it on two levels:

1. Pouliot hasn't played well, but you can't just yank a guy off a line after three frickin games. Give him a sustained chance to prove himself on that line (10-15 games is about right IMO). If he's still not getting it done, then you can explore other options. This just smells like typical Martin panic.
  2. Travis Moen? Really, Jacques? Because Moen has performed so much better than Pouliot over the past three games? Because Moen is a goalscorer? :rolleyes: I'm so sick of this "put a grinder on a scoring line to wake the line up" garbage. IT NEVER WORKS. The person who should be replacing Pouliot is Lars Eller.

+1. I put my 2 cents worth for this topic in the Martin thread to spread the anger around the site a little.

BTW, LOVE the double facepalm!

Now Pouliot knows he has to hit less and be a little more invisible to get back on the second line.

LMAO!! :lol: :lol:

Have to so I don't cry instead.

Benny and the Jets should catch flight against Buffalo they played some of their best games there.

The players supposedly with the "jets" (Gomez and Gionta) have been sputtering, while Benny will see less ice-time playing 4th line minutes... the flight is out of town... and some jets will probably stay grounded.

This kid has gotten better with each game....really three games and your moving him....for what and who Moen???????...this has to be a joke.

Moen should not even be in the lineup a kid like White should be there. If he is going to move players up, try Eller or Boyd....Boyd has some NHL experience, pretty good net presence, Let Eller take his natural position between Laps and Pouliot...

fail-owned-fail-plane-fail.jpg

That's a mess. :lol:

As already mentioned in this thread, Pouliot had a little something to do with the St. Louis goal. It didn't look like the greatest effort to get the puck out. D-men wind the puck up the boards frequently so IMO the wingers need to be ready. It looked like a feeble effort.

Does he deserve demotion - I don't know.

(why do I find myself defending Martin today - someone slap me.)

The players supposedly with the "jets" (Gomez and Gionta) have been sputtering, while Benny will see less ice-time playing 4th line minutes... the flight is out of town... and some jets will probably stay grounded.

Methinks the Jets are stuck in line at de-icing and since they started the process in Toronto, who knows how long it will take :lol: (those who have travelled trhough pearson airport in the winter will get this)

Regarding Pouliot, JM said that he wants him to have a chance to play with less pressure for a little while so that he can find his game. I know, I know, what he says officially to the media and what the real motivations are can be two different things but still, it does make some sense. So I'm ok with the removal of Pouliot from the 2nd line but like many others have said, replacing him with Eller would probably be a more effective solution than Moen <_<

I don't see the two G's as jets at the moment I just don't see them they have held Benny back the games we have played did you see his face when that goal was stopped it would have been a really good one he has been working hard and hitting hard don't let it get you down BP

GO BENNY GO :D :D

I dont know if his stick is too long or what but he can't puck handle to save his life, sooo sloppy. Pouliot needs to be on the 3rd line and playing physical he doesnt have the skills or confidence right now to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. Seems like after the first 10 games last year when he came over and played so good and hit everything that moved he just comletely lost it and cant find it

Has the talent to play in the top 6 IMO!

However I am fine with Pouliot on the 3rd/4th line as he is landing some checks and has had a few opportunities to score.

However Gomez and Gionta are having a bad start to the season. So everyone points their finger at Pouliot. I think the finger should be pointed at JM, Gomez, and Gionta.

So why not try this. Put Cammi with Gomez and Gionta. Put either Pouliot or Eller with Pleks and Kostitsyn. I would lean towards trying Pouliot. If Cammi does not get the G&G line going then the issue is with Gomez. Good luck trading Gomez and his huge salary. I am hopeful that Cammi will fix the G&G line. I doubt that Pouliot can fix the G&G line.

Maybe this means Martin will let him out of the doghouse. He really shouldn't have been there in the first place and Tom Pyatt isn't going to do squat on a scoring line.

Agreed. Hopefully Benny will be back with Gio and Gomez now. He played a really good game tonight and the goal was the high point of course. I felt he deserved a star selection.

Here's hoping this gets Benoit going and earns him a spot on the top 6.

Agreed. Hopefully Benny will be back with Gio and Gomez now. He played a really good game tonight and the goal was the high point of course. I felt he deserved a star selection.

It certainly was nice to see him get that goal. Hopefully it opens the floodgates for him and he starts netting some goals with regularity. If not, not... But it sure would be nice to have BOTH of our young, scoring wingers, well... Scoring! :lol:

Maybe this means Martin will let him out of the doghouse. He really shouldn't have been there in the first place and Tom Pyatt isn't going to do squat on a scoring line.

I have nothing against Pyatt but Pyatt looks out of place with Gomez and Colonel Sanders (Gionta.)

If Pouliot scored consistently, we will finally be feasting on chicken wings!