The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Lapierre

LOL... i don't think there is a player I have despised more in my 35 years of cheering for this team.

i dislike him more nananana

I think he`s lucky if he doesn`t get a suspension for that hit on Downie.

Maybe he`ll luck out since they didn`t toss him from the game.

Stupid play though.

I get a laugh out of him, but I see why some Hab fans don`t like him, and the fans of all other teams hate him.

He`s basically the Ken ( The Rat ) Linesman of this era.

he could not hold linsemans jock, linseman was a player not a side show

It might have been meant to injure.

He and Downie had been in a scrum together and took roughing penalties only minutes earlier.

We'll never know though.

Eactly, he was upset-cos on his way to the box, Downie threw Laps stick down the ice-and as soon as he was out of the box he went looking for Downie. He needs to keep his emotions in check and practice a lil thing called discipline. I'm pretty sure he got the 5 min major cos he didn't take the refs 1st warning when they were both sent to the box. He put the team in a bad spot cos he couldn't keep his emotions in check.

I really think he gave T-Bay momentum with that 5 min PP.

Eactly, he was upset-cos on his way to the box, Downie threw Laps stick down the ice-and as soon as he was out of the box he went looking for Downie. He needs to keep his emotions in check and practice a lil thing called discipline. I'm pretty sure he got the 5 min major cos he didn't take the refs 1st warning when they were both sent to the box. He put the team in a bad spot cos he couldn't keep his emotions in check.

I really think he gave T-Bay momentum with that 5 min PP.

Downie did a pretty good imitation of what Lapierre is supposed to do to him.

Downie did a pretty good imitation of what Lapierre is supposed to do to him.

When a ref gives you a warning and you don't listen, you have to expect they'll be looking to throw the book at you-Which is what happened to Laps imho.

By throwing em both in the penalty box, he was sending them a message to calm down/take it down a notch. Laps came out of the box and went right for downie, he and he alone gave the bolts momentum and cost his team dearly. Thankfully Cary was on his game and gave us every opportunity to win.

Up til that point I felt that Laps had played a good game, he opened the scoring in the 1st, drew a penalty, but all that went out the window when he got selfish, went head hunting and disregarded the refs warning.

I think it should of just been a 2 minute cross checking not a major. He didn't leave his feet it wasn't meant to injury , the position of the player and his stance was most of the hit. It wasn't a charge. If there is a suspension then IMO Ovie could be suspended on most givin nights.

Ovie SHOULD be suspended more but commisionaire G. Butthead won't allow it.

When a ref gives you a warning and you don't listen, you have to expect they'll be looking to throw the book at you-Which is what happened to Laps imho.

By throwing em both in the penalty box, he was sending them a message to calm down/take it down a notch. Laps came out of the box and went right for downie, he and he alone gave the bolts momentum and cost his team dearly. Thankfully Cary was on his game and gave us every opportunity to win.

Up til that point I felt that Laps had played a good game, he opened the scoring in the 1st, drew a penalty, but all that went out the window when he got selfish, went head hunting and disregarded the refs warning.

Good post. I have liked Max's game so far this season, but he dropped the ball on that one. Like you mention, he was too excited and got a little selfish. Hopefully he minds what he's doing next game and doesn't take any bad penalties.

Maxim Lapierre is a necessary evil. Like Scott Gomez said, every team has one and Max happens to be one of the best at being the worst. He also has more skill than he is given credit for. He's a good 3rd line player and hopefully will continue to show the willingness to occasionally drop the gloves, while perpetually irritating the opposition.

You hate to love him but love that everyone hates him!

I was at the game on Friday in Buffalo. I personally thought that Laps was just brutal at getting the puck out of our zone several times against the Sabres. It is sort of funny. Laps seems to be driving other players nuts which is good for our team. Laps seems to be forechecking fairly well. However his lack of willingness to take a hit to get the puck out of zone could have easily resulted in goals for the Sabres. Price and the D played well when Laps forgot that getting the puck out was important. Hopefully this was just a bad game for Laps.