The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Maxim Lapierre

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL --The recipient of the Jean Béliveau trophy for the 2009-10 season will be honored during a ceremony prior to the game between the Florida Panthers and the Montreal Canadiens at the Bell Centre tonight. For the occasion, Canadiens legend and Hall-of-Famer Jean Béliveau will be presenting the award to forward Maxim Lapierre for his charitable endeavors and involvement in the community.

The selection committee, comprised of members of the Board of directors of the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation, evaluated the candidates according to the effort, enthusiasm, implication and time invested in both collective and personal initiatives. Each nominee was also evaluated on his commitment, leadership and financial assistance to the causes close to his heart.

Maxim’s efforts in the community are particularly felt with the youth in need throughout the province of Quebec. Ever since he joined the NHL, Maxim has been adamant when it comes to supporting charitable organizations with a generous heart. Maxim responds in spontaneity whenever touched by an opportunity to partner with community groups and individuals in need. His motivation comes from the opportunity to be a positive role model for Quebec’s youth. He is motivated to give back to the community and strives to make a difference.

His contribution comes in part from his annual golf tournament which benefits the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation. In 2010, the 2nd edition of the Maxim Lapierre Tournament raised $50,000.

For the past two seasons, Maxim has been the spokesperson for the Canadiens game day lottery lending his name to the popular initiative in support of the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation. This year, Maxim accepted to be the spokesperson for the Riverside School Board campaign against bullying and violence at school and on the school bus.

The Jean Béliveau trophy is awarded annually to the Canadiens player who best exemplifies leadership qualities in the community. In honor of Jean Béliveau’s devotion, attentiveness and commitment to the community, the award is accompanied by a $25,000 grant from the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation which Maxim will remit to organization of his choice.

The Montreal Canadiens are proud to contribute to Montreal and Quebec’s heritage not only through their on-ice accomplishments, but also their commitment to the community. Accessibility, authenticity, generosity, commitment and team spirit are the values cherished by all members of the organization as they unite their efforts to make a difference for the present and the future.

Great for Max he's a credit to the Habs name as a classy team! Way to go Lapierre!

id love for lappy to hit 50 points this year itd be great for the team i think we have a ton of depth at forward positions and i feel well be a threat to any team in the league now that we arent small as we used to be,but itd be great to pick up some dman i mean maybe we beg beregon to come back for the mil we have left ahah or trade and free up cap space but back to lapyy id love to see him hit 50 points and 100 hits or more

id love for lappy to hit 50 points this year itd be great for the team i think we have a ton of depth at forward positions and i feel well be a threat to any team in the league now that we arent small as we used to be,but itd be great to pick up some dman i mean maybe we beg beregon to come back for the mil we have left ahah or trade and free up cap space but back to lapyy id love to see him hit 50 points and 100 hits or more

He probably ''could'' hit 50 points if he played in the first two lines. Then again, that would be nearly impossible considering only 3 Habs player hit over 50 points last season...

He probably ''could'' hit 50 points if he played in the first two lines. Then again, that would be nearly impossible considering only 3 Habs player hit over 50 points last season...

yah but that was a different team last year with all the injuries and everything but itll be a good year i just have a good feeling about it knock on wood thought but i fell price will have a gaa of 240 this year and that we will have a great team

i think lappy could hit 50 points why hes better then burrows only reason burrows had so many points was cause of the sedins i could hit 70 points with the sedins on my line

in fact i dare you not to hit 50 points if you paired with the sedins:P

let's concentrate on having him score 20 so a certain someone will eat a certain clothing item :lol:

Exactly. 20 points (all goals) is good enough for me.

A good season for grinders is 15 goals or that's what their aim is I hope Max hits 20 goals just like most of us on the Forum it will have special sentiment in dining.

what are you guys talking about? :unsure:

Boy if only I could go back to Aug 7 at 8:23 pm. :rolleyes:

I knew smoke was bad for me so why did I reply???

I thought Max handled himself better in last night's fight than I have seen him in the handful of fights he has had previously. I guess his boxing lessons paid off a little bit.

Agreed...many of my no-hab friends :P were saying today...they were impressed to hear of him taking up boxing,thought he'd get his bell rang last night,but handled himself pretty good.

Will come in handy,his boxing lessons......he will be in this position many times this season.

Go lappy.