The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tom Pyatt

Do we reaqlly need to keep him (Darche) period?

Yes because you do need one or two guys ready for emergencies and you dont want to have a prospect playing that role.

This being said, Pyatt wont die from sitting out a game or two to give some action to Darche and I dont think he'll always be the designated 3rd/4th liner scratched.

I guess if you're going to give Darche some action, it probably makes most sense to do it in a back-to-back scenario. Although with that logic, OB would have been in for Picard last night too. I wouldn't mind seeing White in for Moen sometime either...

this only tells that the logic behind the decision has not much to do with the back to back scenario :P

True... :) Trying to decipher JM's decisions with logic is futile. I should know that by now. :)

maybe but I have no problem seeing that sitting pyatt for darche and keeping picard in instead of OB dont have to be based on the same reasoning. actually it's best that those two decisions are made independantly, the situations cant be any more different:

• Darche was scratched 3 games, OB only one
  • Pyatt wont be sent to Hamilton, one of Picard or OB probably will when Markov returns
  • JM wanted his veteran D playing together so he needed a left side guy to play with Subban to face the lesser opposition
  • Forwards vs D

Well it looks like Tom will be on the second line tonight maybe just maybe with a bit of luck he will light it up can't do any worse than it has been

GO HABS GO :D :D

It'll be kind of neat to see how he does when he's not thinking defense first all the time

Agreed. I seem to remember him doing okay there for a few games last season. Or maybe that was with Tomas, I cannot remember. Either way, hopefully he scores a point or two tonight.

Yes he was decent with them last season. While he isn't my first choice, I don't think this will be the disaster some think it will. I've said it before, I think Pyatt has more offensive ability than he gets credit for.

At least Pyatt has the speed to keep up and can be the defensive presence the line needs.

The point of the line is to score. Pyatt can't help them score. Pouliot can. Eller will be able to in the near future. Even Pacioretty would be a better choice. Gomez and Gionta are both pretty responsible defensive forwards anyhow so it's not like they need the third guy to be the reincarnation of Bob Gainey.

The point of the line is to score. Pyatt can't help them score. Pouliot can. Eller will be able to in the near future. Even Pacioretty would be a better choice. Gomez and Gionta are both pretty responsible defensive forwards anyhow so it's not like they need the third guy to be the reincarnation of Bob Gainey.

Pyatt has played his best with Eller and Lapierre IMO... I wonder if Gomez/Eller could simply be switched.

As we all know neither Darche or Pyatt should be on the 1st or 2nd line,as a experiment I believe it was a lesson in futility.At least Pyatt has the speed to get back and recover if there is a turnover, that was the limit of success that I would have excpected.

As we all know neither Darche or Pyatt should be on the 1st or 2nd line,as a experiment I believe it was a lesson in futility.At least Pyatt has the speed to get back and recover if there is a turnover, that was the limit of success that I would have excpected.

He could find himself on the first PK should Plekanec, Gomez or Moen get injured.