The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Alex Auld

Weak outing tonight. :( He had a good 1st period, but it all came undone because of penalty issues in combination with our atrocious penalty killing. It would have been nice to see Auld step up, as the season is just around the corner... Tonight's effort did nothing to convince me he will perform well backing up Carey.

I still think he'll be fine, JR, but I guess time will tell. He just needs to get into a groove & get a feel for how this team is playing in front of him.

Well, it's true. He was picked up to be a back-up and nothing else so there's no talk/distraction of a goalie battle.

Well the way he stated it seemed to allude to management trading away halak so price could have no contest the starters job and no one to push him or threaten his position...and that is not true.

Well, it's true. He was picked up to be a back-up and nothing else so there's no talk/distraction of a goalie battle.

i knew this already haha i was just stating that so i mean if price fails guys were done basically like its doubtful that Auld would even do Craig Anderson and that is come out of nowhere and amaze us

I would send Carey out against the Sabres for sure. Road game, less pressure. If he feels well enough to go Saturday, I'd send him back out against the Sens too. We have a break after that for him to recover, but Price is supposed to be a number one this year and those are two divisional opponents. The number one should be in against both. Auld is not Halak and he is not a number one goalie or even a potential number one goalie. He is a career back-up and he should be called upon to rest Price in more stressful portions of the schedule during games against Western conference opponents. If Price is the guy this year, he needs to be in against our key rivals.

I would send Carey out against the Sabres for sure. Road game, less pressure. If he feels well enough to go Saturday, I'd send him back out against the Sens too. We have a break after that for him to recover, but Price is supposed to be a number one this year and those are two divisional opponents. The number one should be in against both. Auld is not Halak and he is not a number one goalie or even a potential number one goalie. He is a career back-up and he should be called upon to rest Price in more stressful portions of the schedule during games against Western conference opponents. If Price is the guy this year, he needs to be in against our key rivals.

well said i agree we cant put him agianst weak teams tehn when we make the playoffs be like oh what happened to price he did great in the regular season no auld plays 20 games max maybe agianst 5 good teams another 5 decent teams then 10 crap teams