The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

This question might be idiotic, but if someone posted yesterday's Philadelphia-Pittsburgh game looked like World War III, does it constitute of a violation of forum rules? I've got a sneaking suspicion it would.

I'm no moderator, but I don't believe that would be a violation of forum rules. Perhaps an actual moderator can chime in and let us know for sure.

This question might be idiotic, but if someone posted yesterday's Philadelphia-Pittsburgh game looked like World War III, does it constitute of a violation of forum rules? I've got a sneaking suspicion it would.

If what your saying is something like "The Pens-Flyers game looked like WW111" , I doubt that it violates the rules. However, if someone posted a vid of a WW111 clip, (and said that the game looked like this), showing killings and gore,,,,,then I feel that it would.

JM2C.

I am sure a Mod will be here shortly to clarify it. :)

I don't see a problem with the statement on it's own. We often refer to an epic battle in that fashion. I don't see it as being disrespectful. If someone were offended by the comment, they could simply report it along with an explanation of why they believe it should be removed. At that point it gets reviewed and dealt with.

I don't see a problem with the statement on it's own. We often refer to an epic battle in that fashion. I don't see it as being disrespectful. If someone were offended by the comment, they could simply report it along with an explanation of why they believe it should be removed. At that point it gets reviewed and dealt with.

Exactly!

I need a helper. :rolleyes: . Here's the problem. When I'm on the the POs thread while watching a game and posting, I literally have to refresh the page to see what others have posted.

Here's what happens from the get-go. I go into the thread and read the last few posts, then, if I leave the thread untouched, but read, the page just stays the same. It's only when I refresh the page that I can see if others have posted anything new. This is maddening :angry: , because I might be missing some posts.

If I haven't made myself clear, let me know.

I need a helper. :rolleyes: . Here's the problem. When I'm on the the POs thread while watching a game and posting, I literally have to refresh the page to see what others have posted.

Here's what happens from the get-go. I go into the thread and read the last few posts, then, if I leave the thread untouched, but read, the page just stays the same. It's only when I refresh the page that I can see if others have posted anything new. This is maddening :angry: , because I might be missing some posts.

Refreshing the page is the only way (that i'm aware of) that works kinot.

Maybe someone can put Sunday's game under the category, "Ice Follies" - most atrocious Stanley Cup performances. Could such a thread be viable?

JM2C 27,(and not to undermine your idea),,,but IMO there could be a thread started in the "Out of Town" forums (if only because the Habs are out of it) entitled "Ice Follies" that might encompass, let's say,, fights/scrums, bloopers, blown calls, and funny stuff, etc., something that members might find entertaining and/or stimulate discussion. The Vids or articles, seem to be available in quite a few places and not everyone watches the same games, or reads the same newspapers.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Paper depicts Sidney Crosby as Cowardly Lion

Story Here

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/18/sp-nhl-hockey-pittsburgh-penguins-sidney-crosby-philadelphia-flyers-picture.html?cmp=rss

Or this:

Torres Hits Hossa

:)

I have to refresh in all the threads.

I have written in another thread that i think my processor is dying,but it might not be that,maybe some one can help me,you must bear in mind that my computer is nearly 10 years old and I am still running xp,but every time I turn my computer on which takes forever it will go for a short time then turn itself off and on again,then off again, the screen goes blank but I can still hear the computer running,so then the only thing for me to do is disconnect the power,then start again ,it has taken me hours and I mean hours to get here today.I don't think it is my moniter because the light on the computer is flashing,as it does when you turn it on,anybody any idea what I can do that does not cost money.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I have written in another thread that i think my processor is dying,but it might not be that,maybe some one can help me,you must bear in mind that my computer is nearly 10 years old and I am still running xp,but every time I turn my computer on which takes forever it will go for a short time then turn itself off and on again,then off again, the screen goes blank but I can still hear the computer running,so then the only thing for me to do is disconnect the power,then start again ,it has taken me hours and I mean hours to get here today.I don't think it is my moniter because the light on the computer is flashing,as it does when you turn it on,anybody any idea what I can do that does not cost money.

I'm far from being a techy Maddie,,but I might try (when your done using it for the day or hours) is disconnecting the power to both the monitor and PC., then when your ready to get on it again. plug everything back in and see how that works. If it doesn't work,,,then your no worse off.

Nothing to lose. IMO.

It may be a corrupt Windows system file. All I can suggest, if you have the Windows disk that XP came on, is to see if you have an option to 'REPAIR' Windows. As far as I know if you try to re-install Windows you will lose EVERYTHING on your hard drive.

Ummmm, yaa,,:rolleyes: but I just figured that there might be some way that I didn't have to keep doing it. :P

Kinda like in a chat room where there's a little sound whenever someone "says" something. :lol:B)

You got me so confused. I thought you meant that there was another way of doing it, and I'd been refreshing for nothing lol

I thought there was too,,,but alas,,I guess not. :( ,,,,,,,,,unless someone is not telling. :P

Nope, you have full disclosure. There is no constant streaming on the forum and this is partly by choice. One of the reasons that makes it possible to moderate this site more stringently than others is that there isn't the option of live posting. If I recall, there had been some discussion with mods or vets recently about changing this for the GDT but we had opted against it because of the difficulty in moderating that.