The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tim Bozon

kinot-1

There haven't been any updates in the last 3 days regarding Tim's conditions...

I hate to be a pessimist, but usually no news is bad news.

:(

From the medical professionals in my family, this procedure, even when successful, is a very long process. Not saying no news is good news, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's bad news either.

But they also said this is a bar-none last-ditch effort, and the approach is that the coma is the "lesser of the evils", and gives him a fighting chance. So...it's not looking good :(

Update on #Canadiens prospect & #WHL Kootenay Ice play Tim Bozon. He has been in a coma but doctors are now working to slowly wake him.

Tweet written by Jennifer Graham https://twitter.com/JGrahamCP/status/444182867220770816. Sounds good even if it's not ended.

EDIT: here is the update made byt he hospital: http://www.saskatoonhealthregion.ca/news_you_need/media_centre/media/2014/news_02132014.htm

The Saskatoon Health Region says the condition of a Kootenay Ice hockey player in a Saskatoon hospital "remains critical but stable and improving."

The health region said the Montreal Canadiens prospect has been in a coma but doctors are now working to slowly wake him. The WHL player's family said he's responded to verbal stimuli.

Some good news...

The Saskatoon Health Region provided an update on the 19-year-old’s condition, which has been changed to critical but stable and improving. Over the weekend Bozon’s condition continued to improve and he was moved out of the intensive-care unit and into one of the hospital wards. His physicians have listed his condition as stable and his parents say he is moving around in his bed, trying to feed himself and trying to speak. While his condition continues to improve, the report says he still faces a long recovery.

That's great news! Looks like he made it out!

I'm not very fond with the long-term effect of meningitis...

Obviously, he's out for the season. That I'm sure of.

But because of this incident, could this mean that his hockey career is potentially over?

Either way, what's important at the moment is that he gets back to normal!

But because of this incident, could this mean that his hockey career is potentially over?

Either way, what's important at the moment is that he gets back to normal!

I don't remember where I've seen that but the future is really unsure. I remember a doctor who said that when someone is going in the intensitive-care unit for a meningitis, he never recovers totally.

Kootenay Ice Website:

Tim's neurologist, Dr. Gary Hunter, acknowledged Tim has recuperated incredibly well but cautioned there may be months of rehabilitation still ahead. “We are optimistic he will make a full recovery but it will take some time before that possibility could be realized.”

Tim is working on regaining strength and improving coordination. He will have more rehabilitation after he has been discharged from hospital and the medical costs are already far exceeding the insurance coverage. People are encouraged to make contributions to the Tim Bozon Trust Fund at any Bank of Montreal in Western Canada or through the Western Hockey League Office in Calgary.

EDIT by hdidou: Here is the whole article: http://www.kootenayice.net/article/update-on-tim-bozon_161206