The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 48,Habs vs Leafs get ready for regular-season finale

Forever_Habs10

Great GDT FH! Man Laff games make me so nervous.

Thanks bro,and yes we should be nervous .....hell,I'd take my chances with the bruins 1st round,but hey....its the playoffs let the dice roll and we deal with which team is thrown our way......GO HABS

Bah, I just hope they play a respectable game, dont respond to any goonery and come out of this without injury.

Leafs like to set the tone early in that department....we play our game we'll be fine .............................*fingers crossed

expecting physical game

hits

Petition aims to turn CN Tower into a goal light

Too bad they won't score any goals in the playoffs :ph34r:

Thought i would bump this over to today's GDT so i could comment about it.

Leave it to Leaf fans to come up with one of the most idiotic suggestions i've ever heard of.

They want to turn the CN tower into a big goal light. Can you just see it now??? Ticketless Leaf fans sitting in their lawn chairs in the dark waiting for the big red light while surrounding the CN tower. I'd be cheering for a shutout. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though,,,,,can you see the mayor bringing this up to city council for approval? Conversation would go something like this.

Mayor:::: Just received a brilliant request from one of our fellow Torontonians to turn the CN tower into one huge goal light. I really want to push through this request ASAP so we can get on it immediately and make the needed changes in time for the playoffs.

Council:::How do you propose to fund this conversion???

Mayor::: We'll throw another tax on Leaf tickets. They won't know the difference.

Council::: Wouldn't there be some safety concern with no lighting at night on the tower, other then the occasional red light??? What about air traffic safety??

Mayor:::No problem.We'll have the airforce doing patrol's around the tower during games.

Council::: You want to bring in the armed forces??? Didn't we get enough flack over having the Army clear our snow a few years back?

Mayor:::: We're Torontonians. We're use to being laughed at.

Motion past. :P

A little suprised at Budaj starting, but it might be a good thing.

I really really really REALLY want us to win this. I absolutely despise the Leafs. Come on HABS!!!!!!

They can't play Carey tonight, just in case we get blown out. It would destroy Carey's confidence going into the playoffs. Odds are we're playing the leafs. Good decision by MT or MB.

Best case scenario for us (IMO):

- Habs beat the Leafs

- Bruins lose tonight in regulation

- Sens lose tonight in regulation

- Bruins beat the Sens in regulation tomorrow

Would leave us in 2nd against the Isles in 7th, Bruins to play off against the Leafs and Pens to play the Sens.

Report from Darren Dreger that Stars are about to fire Nieuwendyk and replace him with Jim Nill (a guy many of us wanted in Montreal).

Glad to see White and Moen back in. Good game to get those guys back into the line-up.

Better hope we have some veteran refs tonight.

Report from Darren Dreger that Stars are about to fire Nieuwendyk and replace him with Jim Nill (a guy many of us wanted in Montreal).

Glad to see White and Moen back in. Good game to get those guys back into the line-up.

Better hope we have some veteran refs tonight.

Peel and Lee will be the refs tonight......Yikes! :lol: