The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#34 Michael McCarron

Manatee-X

Josh Anderson and Michael McCarron — playing on the same line no less — give London two guys who can pile up points and opposition bodies

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/09/27/with-max-domi-and-bo-horvat-still-away-at-nhl-camp-the-london-knights-need-the-big-forward-to-take-on-a-sniper-role

• 3 weeks later...

Josh Anderson and Michael McCarron — playing on the same line no less — give London two guys who can pile up points and opposition bodies

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/09/27/with-max-domi-and-bo-horvat-still-away-at-nhl-camp-the-london-knights-need-the-big-forward-to-take-on-a-sniper-role

IMO, so far McCarron has been piling up the PIMs. He only has 1G 4A, and 24 PIMs, in 12 games. Hopefully he will get on-track soon.

He did good in camp against NHLers. Wonder why he can't do the same against people his own age. I'll give him some more time, he was injured earlier IIRC so maybe he's playing injured or something.

Only missed 2 games,,,,,,GP,,14,,,1G, 4A, +3,,,24 PIMs. He should have stepped it up by now.

That's an understatement, 13 games played, 5 points and 2 fighting majors for a former first rounder. Jarred Tinordi did have a bad start too in his first ohl season but that's beyond terrible.

He did good in camp against NHLers. Wonder why he can't do the same against people his own age. I'll give him some more time, he was injured earlier IIRC so maybe he's playing injured or something.

Remember that at that level of play, points are not really the "important" thing - working on all the shortcomings in ones' games is the name of the game for an already-signed player. I havent seen any games so this is pure speculation but he may well be trying to work on other aspects of his game & thats fine.

I wouldnt expect him to be NHL ready for at least 2 (more likely 3) years so at this point im not sweating it at all.

Still no points today

Remember that at that level of play, points are not really the "important" thing - working on all the shortcomings in ones' games is the name of the game for an already-signed player. I havent seen any games so this is pure speculation but he may well be trying to work on other aspects of his game & thats fine.

I wouldnt expect him to be NHL ready for at least 2 (more likely 3) years so at this point im not sweating it at all.

If that's the case jed, then he should be just about ready to start producing. He was drafted as a power forward, and even the Hunters felt that he would be a big asset to their offence.

He's 18

" Camp against NHL'ers " was a camp for guys trying to make NHL

The NHL guys do nothing in camp , they would rather skip it entirely

Guys trying to make NHL > Guys in OHL who most of will never make the NHL

I'm pretty sure he played 2 preseason games and anyway, talk of guys looking good or playing well camp is essentially meaningless. Him not being able to produce vs players in his age group is a concern so far and if it continues like this all year would be a MAJOR concern.

It's certainly a concern, hoping that he can get it going soon, I have some patience because the USHL is a good league and he had a very successful 2nd half, but it is a bit worrying that your 1st round pick can't put up any points on a good OHL team.

Some were concerned that we reached based on size, evidence is starting to mount in their favour.

It's certainly a concern, hoping that he can get it going soon, I have some patience because the USHL is a good league and he had a very successful 2nd half, but it is a bit worrying that your 1st round pick can't put up any points on a good OHL team.

Some were concerned that we reached based on size, evidence is starting to mount in their favour.

Michael does have a rare combination of size, strength, grit and hockey IQ which made him a first round pick, he does require improvements in pretty much every other area though.

Archived