The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens sign Alexander Radulov

1. Bergevin by the way spoke with Shea Weber about his former teammate Radulov before beginning pursuit of the Russian winger

1. Radulov is leaving about $1M on the table, walking away from CSKA's deal.

Edited by kinot-1

Anybody available as a UFA is pretty much a gamble with our coaching staff. Seeing as it's a 1 year deal, then i have no problem with it. Might as well spend Molson's money rather then just banking it. I expect we'll be at or near the max before we're done.

Anybody available as a UFA is pretty much a gamble with our coaching staff. Seeing as it's a 1 year deal, then i have no problem with it. Might as well spend Molson's money rather then just banking it. I expect we'll be at or near the max before we're done.

This.

The other thing to bear in mind is that if we start the year with a line like Patches - Galchenyuk - Radulov (completely realistic actually) and they do well...

Time will tell but id rather have Radulov for 1 year than pretty much all of the long term deals we saw handed out today. I predict 30% of them end up in buyouts before the contracts are up.

I actually like this a lot. Radulov is a really really good player, he's better than any of the other UFA forwards available today. It's really bizzare though after the whole Shaw/Weber CHaracter stuff but I guess MB is realizing his window is the Price and Pacioretty contracts.

This just makes the Subban deal even worse though. Not unfathomable that Radulov becomes a PPG player on a line with falchenyuk and Pacioretty with Subban feeding him the puck.

Great signing. Pcioretty-Galchenyu-Radulov could be one of the best top lines in the league. Would also allow Gallagher to play with Plekanec. Dammit if that damn Subban trade hadn't happened this would have been perfect.

The habs need scoring and offense and end of the day Radulov was the best offensive player available. He's now almost 30 years old with a wife and child, that kind of life event will change a person. Reports out of Russia are that he's really matured over the last couple years and as long as Therien lets him play his game I cant see him not scoring 70-80 points for the habs this season alongside Galchenyuk and Pacioretty.

The habs need scoring and offense and end of the day Radulov was the best offensive player available. He's now almost 30 years old with a wife and child, that kind of life event will change a person. Reports out of Russia are that he's really matured over the last couple years and as long as Therien lets him play his game I cant see him not scoring 70-80 points for the habs this season alongside Galchenyuk and Pacioretty.

Agreed. The problem is that Therrien never let's you play YOUR game. It's always been HIS game or the bench. Lot's of benchings to back that up.

Guest Regis2

Huge gamble given his history in this league, with potentially massive upside for us.

Fairly certain these same comments were made when Semin and Kassian were signed

Fairly certain these same comments were made when Semin and Kassian were signed

Neither were as good as Radulov. Semin didnt actually do too bad but Therrien disliked him for some reason and Kassian is a fourth liner. Radulov is very talented, put him with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty and I doubt another Semin situation arises where he doesn't produce well.

Neither were as good as Radulov. Semin didnt actually do too bad but Therrien disliked him for some reason and Kassian is a fourth liner. Radulov is very talented, put him with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty and I doubt another Semin situation arises where he doesn't produce well.

Well he better make a quick impression on that 4th line before MT sends him to the showers. Need to show him whose the boss real fast. :ph34r:

Didn't Radulov still have 1 year left on his contract with the Preds?

Didn't it get terminated? I'm not sure.

Well he better make a quick impression on that 4th line before MT sends him to the showers. Need to show him whose the boss real fast. :ph34r:

:lol:

Guest Regis2

same difference

When Radulov misses his check or gets a bad penalty hell be in the pressbox.

And this is the same guy who the Preds suspended for three games for going out parting with A Kostitsyn

Hopefully Muller can talk some sense into him and MT ;)

A results based contract in my opinion. If he has a great season you can stick around if you don't live up to reasonable expectations he probably will be out of the NHL after one season.