The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Claude Julien and staff 2016-17

Can we just say and post how we all feel?

Instead of the Michel Therrien and staff thread, call it the Kirk Muller and staff thread? :lol:

exactly

why doesnt MT try him on wing, or in such or that situation....because MT <3 DD hes not actually making coherent decisions

We have zero proof that the call is coming from MT.

Could be MB who wants us to play a Francophone player, since he's the only one on the team.

I've actually mentioned several times about playing on wing.

Edited by FirstStar

Here are some of the comments from Therrien's interviews at his golf tournament today:

- Stated that Shea Weber is one of the best D men in the league and has the thing Therrien values the most in that he's "tough to play against"

- Said he communicated a lot with Bergevin about the trade and was 100% behind the decision. Bergevin had previously stated that Therrien was not consulted about the deal, so was Bergevin lying yet again? Certainly sounds like it.

- Stated PK was not a problem in the room, but was just a "different player." Feels like the team is better off with Weber than Subban.

- Said he never thought about giving Max's captaincy to Weber.

- Noted grit and aggression were areas the Habs wanted to improve upon this summer (have they ever not been priorities under MB and MT though?).

- Said Carey is at 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of the comments from Therrien's interviews at his golf tournament today:

- Stated that Shea Weber is one of the best D men in the league and has the thing Therrien values the most in that he's "tough to play against"

- Said he communicated a lot with Bergevin about the trade and was 100% behind the decision. Bergevin had previously stated that Therrien was not consulted about the deal, so was Bergevin lying yet again? Certainly sounds like it.

- Stated PK was not a problem in the room, but was just a "different player." Feels like the team is better off with Weber than Subban.

- Said he never thought about giving Max's captaincy to Weber.

- Noted grit and aggression were areas the Habs wanted to improve upon this summer (have they ever not been priorities under MB and MT though?).

- Said Carey is at 100%.

I think we all knew that Therrien knew of the trade beforehand and I would hazard a guess that his input was the driving force behind many a trade not just the PK one. Sekac, DSP and Eller were also players dealt that Therrien didn't like so it's obvious Therrien is consulted when it comes to trades. I think Bergevin lied because he wanted to protect his coach from any backlash from the trade which is admirable but people aren't stupid either/

Edited by Lizardking89

I think we all knew that Therrien knew of the trade beforehand and I would hazard a guess that his input was the driving force behind many a trade not just the PK one. Sekac, DSP and Eller were also players dealt that Therrien didn't like so it's obvious Therrien is consulted when it comes to trades. I think Bergevin lied because he wanted to protect his coach from any backlash from the trade which is admirable but people aren't stupid either/

Oh I agree with you. I think Therrien was telling the truthful version and that Bergevin lied to us, just as he did about the Price injury and the Subban injury and countless other things. I don't believe anything that comes out of Bergevin's mouth any more, he's lost all credibility.

Eric Crawford was promoted to director of professional scouting by the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday to replace Vaughn Karpan, who has joined the new NHL franchise in Las Vegas. Eric Crawford is the younger brother of Marc Crawford.

Eric Crawford was promoted to director of professional scouting by the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday to replace Vaughn Karpan, who has joined the new NHL franchise in Las Vegas. Eric Crawford is the younger brother of Marc Crawford.

Who is the brother of Mike Crawford whom I have golfed with. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Excerpt from article 'coaches on the hot seat' by Matthew Coller ABC news:

Michel Therrien, Montreal Canadiens

Right or wrong, the lasting impression from Habs fans is that Therrien is responsible for the team trading superstar defenseman P.K. Subban. If the club underperforms with Shea Weber as their No. 1 blueliner, the already-loud criticism of Therrien will become a full-blown outcry for him to be fired.

The Canadiens' head coach has one big thing going for him: Carey Price is coming back. Montreal was 10-2-0 with their top goalie last season before he was injured, and he won the Hart and Vezina trophies the previous one.

But there are plenty of scenarios in which Therrien could be buoyed by Price and still end up without a job. If Alex Galchenyuk doesn't take the next step toward being a No. 1 center, or if Alexander Radulov cannot work with Therrien, or if Montreal simply misses the playoffs, he could be looking for next summer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/coaches-hot-seat-start-season/story?id=41822421

• 3 weeks later...

Ya know, I don't think that Bergevin is running this team. I think Therrien is calling the shots. Whatever MT wants,,, he gets, despite what is good for the team's success, and there hasn't been much of that lately. I sincerely hope that MB has a Plan B in mind, meaning "after" MT.

Today's electrifying statement by MT:

Therrien said he's ready to move on and focus on the coming season. "Our goal is to make the playoffs," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-canadiens-habs-1.3770169

I guess the focus of winning the Stanley Cup has suddenly become more blurry to this current management team.

Therrien said he's ready to move on and focus on the coming season. "Our goal is to make the playoffs," he said.

I guess the focus of winning the Stanley Cup has suddenly become more blurry to this current management team.

He doesn't want to set his sights too high. <_< So, if we sneak into the POS, then he will have achieved his goal. :(

Every other team's goal is the Stanley Cup.

Just interesting to note that a second media member, Marin Leclerc of Radio Canada, has also come forward saying he heard Therrien state Pacioretty was the worst captain in the history of the Habs. For his part, Therrien said he didn't pay attention to those comments and doesn't listen to hearsay, yet Geoff Molson said he quickly investigated the issue and spoke to Therrien about this, so obviously the owner thought this was more of a possibility than the coach claimed.

In light of a second journalist making the same claim, it might actually carry a little more weight now that Therrien could have actually made that comment. It doesn't make sense for him to have said it, but as we've learned, Therrien doesn't follow logic most of the time...

Just interesting to note that a second media member, Marin Leclerc of Radio Canada, has also come forward saying he heard Therrien state Pacioretty was the worst captain in the history of the Habs. For his part, Therrien said he didn't pay attention to those comments and doesn't listen to hearsay, yet Geoff Molson said he quickly investigated the issue and spoke to Therrien about this, so obviously the owner thought this was more of a possibility than the coach claimed.

In light of a second journalist making the same claim, it might actually carry a little more weight now that Therrien could have actually made that comment. It doesn't make sense for him to have said it, but as we've learned, Therrien doesn't follow logic most of the time...

I read the same article. Mr. Molson is standing by MT. The three amigos are inseparable. Let's see if it yields us a Stanley Cup.

It doesnt make sense for him to say it but it even makes less sense for a reporter to report it, if it didnt happen. I mean this is the sort of thing, if every other witness there said "no, he never said that" which could end a journalists' career. you dont make claims like that unless you really did hear it.

Now, context could be everything - maybe it was in jest, maybe it was said sarcastically - but no matter what, it was a pretty stupid thing to do if in fact Therrien did it.

It doesnt make sense for him to say it but it even makes less sense for a reporter to report it, if it didnt happen. I mean this is the sort of thing, if every other witness there said "no, he never said that" which could end a journalists' career. you dont make claims like that unless you really did hear it.

Now, context could be everything - maybe it was in jest, maybe it was said sarcastically - but no matter what, it was a pretty stupid thing to do if in fact Therrien did it.

But Therrien didn't say "I made a joke that was misinterpreted"... he said "I never said that, I don't know what he's talking about." You would think that the Habs hiring a French coach would have prevented all this confusion with the media. Wasn't that the whole point of having a Francophone?

Who really cares? weather this is true or not it will be forgotten soon enough! politicians lie to us all the time people still vote for them if we start the season on a winning note which we probably will in my opinion this will be forgotten about right away. Lets face it for a multitude of reasons this is pretty unimportant as it is hearsay.

Who really cares? weather this is true or not it will be forgotten soon enough! politicians lie to us all the time people still vote for them if we start the season on a winning note which we probably will in my opinion this will be forgotten about right away. Lets face it for a multitude of reasons this is pretty unimportant as it is hearsay.

As I've always said, winning cures everything. When a team wins, they get labeled as having chemistry and everyone floats the positives. When they lose, that's when fractures in the chemistry appear because guys are unsatisfied with their roles and question others. So agreed that if the team wins, this doesn't matter much. I highly doubt Therrien dislikes Pacioretty. I just find it odd that there is even a possibility he said this, moreso for what it says about Therrien. If this organization is so big on character, what does it say about our coach's character that he bashes and runs our best position player out of town and then turns right around and slams his captain and supposedly one of his preferred players? Therrien did the same thing in Pittsburgh, where he bashed his entire defence and alienated Sidney Crosby. I have no idea what the deal is with this Pacioretty business but the recent news of a 2nd reporter saying the same thing and Therrien and Molson's stories conflicting a bit just smells like the Habs are in the midst of another cover-up story and another lie they're telling us, and that in itself bothers me. I don't trust anything this regime says any more, and so while my personal view is that Therrien likes Pacioretty, I also don't think it's impossible Therrien said what is claimed (in jest or not) and that we're being two-faced by the organization.