The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

1:00 PM ET CAPITALS @ CANADIENS SN, RDS, CSN-DC, Radio 690.

8 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Yes ..sadly, true...this team has shown a month before the AS break and since the beginning of the 2nd half that they are not prepared for the playoffs....I hope..i pray I am wrong. But if they continue this up they will not even be in the playoffs.....and still MB will keep MT around for another 10 years or so. Sigh

The only hope we have for this year IMO is if MB can pull a rabbit out of his hat in a big trade for a quality, skilled forward. OR a new coach, which won't happen!!!

Edited by Habs=stanleycup

Sorry to say but this coach has to go. You look on paper and we have a pretty decent team and yet here we are. As it stands right now, we could maybe, just maybe, make it past the first round but after that I think they are toast. 

18 minutes ago, habby67 said:

Sorry to say but this coach has to go. You look on paper and we have a pretty decent team and yet here we are. As it stands right now, we could maybe, just maybe, make it past the first round but after that I think they are toast. 

Agreed. This coach MUST go but MB must make it happen.

7 minutes ago, Lizardking89 said:

They'll both have to go together.  MB hasn't fired anyone yet.  To his credit he's loyal. 

I absolutely agree that they BOTH have to go and the sooner the better. I do not want to see Bergevin empowered to make another franchise killing trade ...... trading Subban was enough for one decade ......

I do not believe this team has the pieces to contend this year and there is certainly no hope under current coaching. Why our defensive zone play is so bad mystifies me and I hate to say this but Price has got to be better than he has been since November.

Our record against the better teams is miserable and so if they make the playoffs it is hard to see them advancing beyond maybe one round.

1 hour ago, eldag said:

I absolutely agree that they BOTH have to go and the sooner the better. I do not want to see Bergevin empowered to make another franchise killing trade ...... trading Subban was enough for one decade ......

I do not believe this team has the pieces to contend this year and there is certainly no hope under current coaching. Why our defensive zone play is so bad mystifies me and I hate to say this but Price has got to be better than he has been since November.

Our record against the better teams is miserable and so if they make the playoffs it is hard to see them advancing beyond maybe one round.

Whenever I see Subban in that ugly yellow jersey I cry a little inside. This team was molded and tailor made for this coach.  Subban and Eller out, Weber and Shaw in.  If this team fails to make it to the 2nd round or God forbid miss the playoffs both of these guys deserve to be canned. It seems this team always backs into the playoffs. I totally agree about Price he's been totally average since about November.  

Edited by Lizardking89

Therrien was none too happy with the refs again tonight, as he should have been. In his post-game presser, he stated that Shaw's hold in the 3rd "was not a penalty" and that Radulov's call that led to the GWG was also a mistake and killed the team's momentum, especially after other things the refs let go. Furthermore, he said the refs missed an obvious call on Niskanen's delay of game, stating "It was pretty evident that is was a penalty. Those types of decisions are black and white, there shouldn't have been any question."

The Habs didn't play a super game. But I also don't think they were as bad as some believe. They had some good moments, especially from Radulov's line and from Galchenyuk's line. What killed them were the PK and the 4th line and the refs.

46 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Therrien was none too happy with the refs again tonight, as he should have been. In his post-game presser, he stated that Shaw's hold in the 3rd "was not a penalty" and that Radulov's call that led to the GWG was also a mistake and killed the team's momentum, especially after other things the refs let go. Furthermore, he said the refs missed an obvious call on Niskanen's delay of game, stating "It was pretty evident that is was a penalty. Those types of decisions are black and white, there shouldn't have been any question."

The Habs didn't play a super game. But I also don't think they were as bad as some believe. They had some good moments, especially from Radulov's line and from Galchenyuk's line. What killed them were the PK and the 4th line and the refs.

Agreed/ We just played one of the hottest teams in the league and if  it weren't for a couple of bad calls and a couple of bad bounces this could have been a win. Not too worried as we are still in first and will have a well rested Gallagher back soon enough.