The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

THERRIEN FIRED. HABS HIRE CLAUDE JULIEN!

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Makes you wonder what Julien thought of that move.  I mean im sure he's fine with Weber (for now) but i wonder if he would have preferred PK. 

It would be hilarious and refreshing at the same time if we got Subban back! After all, he committed so much to Montreal. Bring him back out of the MT exile lol.

2 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Maybe all the pressure helped to sway MB's decision this time around.

I wonder ... .if PK getting traded was "Ok MT you said PK was a distraction and you wanted a legit top-2 Dman ...  you got Weber and we still suck"

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Would MB have fired MT, if CJ wasn't available?

I was just thinking the same thing.  Ted might have been right in his post earlier on (in one of the other threads) where he said that the French media was able to turn against Therrien a bit this time because Julien was there as another option.  It gave Bergevin a bit of a "get-out-of-jail-free" card - he can fire Therrien without worrying about the uproar and media circus that might otherwise have followed.

Anyways though, can't argue with the results :D

8 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  Ted might have been right in his post earlier on (in one of the other threads) where he said that the French media was able to turn against Therrien a bit this time because Julien was there as another option.  It gave Bergevin a bit of a "get-out-of-jail-free" card - he can fire Therrien without worrying about the uproar and media circus that might otherwise have followed.

Anyways though, can't argue with the results :D

Actually,,, we were saved by the ruins firing Claude,,,, chain of events, as it were. 

22 hours ago, habs_93 said:

This organization under Molson has consistently overreacted to significant events and overcorrected for small setbacks as if they were looming trends. The whole Gauthier thing happened, and the message since has been stability over everything else. And we've got that: stability, and nothing else. Stability on the wrong path. For a while there, I thought the team had gotten over that Ottawa series, and then it traded Subban for "grit and character".

I think we're in for even more stability.

hahaha look at this nerd

• H_T_L locked this topic