The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2017-18

habs_93

4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Stop giving the team a chance to win when they can only score 1 regulation goal. :mellow:

Thing is though, this is why id just a soon keep him if we're rebuilding.  I know some people are worried about that contract but i honestly feel like he'll be full value. Sure its risky. Its a long term deal and he's over 30 but he's a goalie, and i think he'll age well.

If you trade guys like Weber, Patches, Pleks, Alzner (Hopefully), Petry (maybe) you would have a full cupboard of prospects and picks - and a LOT of ELC.  Galchenyuk, Drouin, Lekhonen, Danault, Mete, Juulsen etc - this is a solid group to build your roster from and in the meantime, Price can keep you moderately competitive.  

The problem is that I dont think MB thinks we are as bad as we are. He just thinks we're unlucky. 

Price is untouchable, if that double save against TB doesn't seal it for you then nothing will, I get it, you want them to tank for the rebuild but even rebuilds are not a slam dunk, ask Edmonton about their rebuild.