The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 Habs Tickets

HabsRuleForever

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

How Molson has the nerve to quietly increase tickets price for this product is total joke. All the fans need to stop buying tickets, merchandise and supporting the team in every way until major changes occur.

I don't think there is a team in the league that prices didn't increase somehow tickets vendors ect. Also as with any web site the companies (teams) make money from advertisers every time we click on and say negative or positive. So we'll all have to stop going to Habs related web sites also.

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

I don't think there is a team in the league that prices didn't increase somehow tickets vendors ect. Also as with any web site the companies (teams) make money from advertisers every time we click on and say negative or positive. So we'll all have to stop going to Habs related web sites also.

How can you keep increasing price for a product when it has continued to get worst and worst 6+ yrs. No improvement at all. Same old story every season. Molson should be so embarrassed. If I was him, I would be. What kind of attitude is it for him to say "we just want to get into the playoffs and see what happens". He's hoping one of these yrs they go on some fluke playoff run. If somehow they do make the playoffs it'll be another early exit because they can't score - Just like all 6+ yrs because Beregvin refuses to address the scoring issue instead using every excuse "It's all on me" to "we have everything we need in locker room" to "it's so hard to make big trades" (yet other teams like Nashville have no problem doing so) to hiding behind plants. Being the most "active" GM in NHL doesn't mean anything at all.

12 minutes ago, fivethej said:

How can you keep increasing price for a product when it has continued to get worst and worst 6+ yrs. No improvement at all. Same old story every season. Molson should be so embarrassed. If I was him, I would be. What kind of attitude is it for him to say "we just want to get into the playoffs and see what happens". He's hoping one of these yrs they go on some fluke playoff run. If somehow they do make the playoffs it'll be another early exit because they can't score - Just like all 6+ yrs because Beregvin refuses to address the scoring issue instead using every excuse "It's all on me" to "we have everything we need in locker room" to "it's so hard to make big trades" (yet other teams like Nashville have no problem doing so) to hiding behind plants. Being the most "active" GM in NHL doesn't mean anything at all.

Well it's a business and remember only 1 team wins the cup. We did win our division so you really can't call the season a failure. Detroit raised their prices also and didn't even make the playoffs. I'm sure at the beginning of last season Nashville had raised their prices like all teams do every year. Halfway through the year Nashville fans were probably screaming as they didn't make it in until the very last minute as #16 seed, hardly a contender at that time. What do you think Edmonton fans are thinking? They have to pay McDavid (overhyped and paid) and are currently worse than us! It's pro sports just because a team is losing doesn't mean their cost go down and like any other team or sport other than minor leagues they always raise prices year to year just as all your utilities do. The giant catch is this is Montreal a major Canadian market. If in a major US city they actually would lose seats and sponsors only because most other major pro sports cities have multiple sporting venues to choose from. Edmonton sold out for years with never making the playoffs. Even when they show empty seats the majority are corporate or season ticket holders. Who usually just resell their seats for games they don't want to go to. The corporate seats are all a tax write off. So as a fan we can stop posting and buying Habs stuff (remember Christmas when the little guy wants something do you say no because you're mad at the team ...really) It may be frustrating but the season ticket holders hang on because "next season" will be better and they don't want to lose their seats. Yes it's frustrating but it's a business that yes we can choose to support or not. Remember though teams make money from advertisers so even posting makes them money.

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

Well it's a business and remember only 1 team wins the cup. We did win our division so you really can't call the season a failure. Detroit raised their prices also and didn't even make the playoffs. I'm sure at the beginning of last season Nashville had raised their prices like all teams do every year. Halfway through the year Nashville fans were probably screaming as they didn't make it in until the very last minute as #16 seed, hardly a contender at that time. What do you think Edmonton fans are thinking? They have to pay McDavid (overhyped and paid) and are currently worse than us! It's pro sports just because a team is losing doesn't mean their cost go down and like any other team or sport other than minor leagues they always raise prices year to year just as all your utilities do. The giant catch is this is Montreal a major Canadian market. If in a major US city they actually would lose seats and sponsors only because most other major pro sports cities have multiple sporting venues to choose from. Edmonton sold out for years with never making the playoffs. Even when they show empty seats the majority are corporate or season ticket holders. Who usually just resell their seats for games they don't want to go to. The corporate seats are all a tax write off. So as a fan we can stop posting and buying Habs stuff (remember Christmas when the little guy wants something do you say no because you're mad at the team ...really) It may be frustrating but the season ticket holders hang on because "next season" will be better and they don't want to lose their seats. Yes it's frustrating but it's a business that yes we can choose to support or not. Remember though teams make money from advertisers so even posting makes them money.

Division is weak. Look at the standings right now with exception of TB and Leafs.

2 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Division is weak. Look at the standings right now with exception of TB and Leafs.

Not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just commenting that as much as we would like to think , us fans probably won't make a major difference in a major market dominated by one major sport. There will still be support interest and talk even if negative to keep the franchise growing and making money no matter what the team does or we think. It's Hockey in Canada in a major market.

5 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just commenting that as much as we would like to think , us fans probably won't make a major difference in a major market dominated by one major sport. There will still be support interest and talk even if negative to keep the franchise growing and making money no matter what the team does or we think. It's Hockey in Canada in a major market.

Yup...there's no such thing as bad press.