The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nicolas Deslauriers

HabsRuleForever

23 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

The fight was one goon against another goon so I don't see the fight having any effect either way, negatively or positively. MB probably recalled him to counteract Rinaldo so the fight just took two crappy players out of the game. I do agree the Habs would have been better by a country mile if they had called up Carr. I don't think MB is the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's running this team into the ground. MB had no business trading Redmond for Deslaurier in the first place. 

True

4 hours ago, habs1952 said:

The fight was one goon against another goon so I don't see the fight having any effect either way, negatively or positively. MB probably recalled him to counteract Rinaldo so the fight just took two crappy players out of the game. I do agree the Habs would have been better by a country mile if they had called up Carr. I don't think MB is the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's running this team into the ground. MB had no business trading Redmond for Deslaurier in the first place. 

The trade-off of Rinaldo for Deslauriers is not the issue. For whatever reason, players see fights as a wake-up call sometimes. After a fight, a team that has been playing badly sometimes sees a guy drop the gloves and think "this guy is taking lumps for us, I can put in a little more effort too" or they guys fighting and get angrier at the opposition. Sometimes fights do nothing, but again, when you're the team in the lead and controlling the game, there is no reason to stage a made-up fight. If someone runs your teammate from behind, then sure, you stand up for your own player, but Deslauriers fought Rinaldo because they are both goons and wanted to use the fight to prove their own worth, not to help the team in any way. Rinaldo could argue he fought to wake his teammates up. Deslauriers can't make that statement. As Bossy said, it was a selfish, egotistical move to further his own agenda, without regard for how it might affect the game.

As for Bergevin,

1. There shouldn't have been a need to counteract Rinaldo. If Rinaldo wants to fight and we have no one willing to fight him, what good is he? Remember when we had Laraque and Parros and no one fought them either? They were just slow goons taking up space on the ice and became pretty useless if no one accepted their challenges.

2. Agreed that MB should never have traded for Deslauriers, and we knew when it happened that he was drooling over the chance to get a "gritty" French-speaking player into the line-up. Bad trade, bad call-up, bad end result.

9 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Deslaurier's fight had zero impact on the game but I guess he's an easy target to blame for 3 blown leads. He wasn't even on the ice for any goals against. 

I actually believe it was the turning point. It seemed to wake the lunch bucket players on the Coyotes & once they got the flukey first goal they actually thought they were a hockey team.

Unfortunately it reminded the Habs that they play down to lower teams.

The only purpose the fight served was one goon wanting to show off his one talent. However it’s not his fault he doesn’t have any real hockey talent. It’s not even kinots.

40 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I actually believe it was the turning point. It seemed to wake the lunch bucket players on the Coyotes & once they got the flukey first goal they actually thought they were a hockey team.

Unfortunately it reminded the Habs that they play down to lower teams.

The only purpose the fight served was one goon wanting to show off his one talent. However it’s not his fault he doesn’t have any real hockey talent. It’s not even kinots.

Thank You,,, now if Rick could get on board with your thinking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Oh everything else is your fault.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Y-not? I've been carrying the "fault" for so long anyway. 

Yes....everything else is kinot's fault.....and especially the fact that Deslauriers doesn't have any real hockey talent.  razz.gif

On 11/25/2017 at 9:57 PM, PuckPundit said:

Someone tell me, what has this guy CONTRIBUTED to the team on the ice?  Did he make a play???  An assist?  A goal?

Nothing but a big body with a French last name. And penalty time in the sin bin.  Why is he even in the lineup?

Snap! looks like he has contributed........

2 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

he is no Bobby Orr but he is not bad as a role player. i am willing to see what he can bring. i like how the 4th line is playing at the moment.

I actually hate the 4th line, outside of Carr, whom I love there. Carr is great. He can skate, he can get to the net, he can play physically, and he can score. Deslauriers had one good game and that's it. He puts his team in trouble defensively (as I posted tonight, each time he threw a big check, our team had a scoring chance against), and he is a pretty brutal skater. Not NHL quality in my view.