The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Fri, Jan 19 7:30 PM ET Montreal @ Washington NBCSWA, TSN2, RDS

HabsRuleForever

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I actually just think he's been bad no matter what role we've asked him to play. Tons of mistakes, really bad positioning (which you wouldn't expect from a veteran).

Surprising from a veteran and surprising from Schlemko himself. I didnt see him that much in SJ but in NJ he was really good.  I cant remember who his regular partner was though, so maybe he was being propped up.

Thats 2 guys now though (Schlemko and Alzner) who both have been way worse positionally than they usually are. I wonder if the slow guys just cannot adapt to Julien's zone system.  Weber is slow too but he's elite, positionally, so he's been able to make the transition. 

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Surprising from a veteran and surprising from Schlemko himself. I didnt see him that much in SJ but in NJ he was really good.  I cant remember who his regular partner was though, so maybe he was being propped up.

Thats 2 guys now though (Schlemko and Alzner) who both have been way worse positionally than they usually are. I wonder if the slow guys just cannot adapt to Julien's zone system.  Weber is slow too but he's elite, positionally, so he's been able to make the transition. 

I really expected more from Schlemko. He was billed as being maybe not the fastest guy but a smart player and solid puck mover. He hasn't looked like those types of things.

Not sure why Wilson didn't get the 10 min misconduct for instigating. He had both distance traveled to get to the fight and timing of dropping gloves first that could be used to define him as the instigator. Really terrible job by refs. If that's not instigating, what is?

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Not sure why Wilson didn't get the 10 min misconduct for instigating. He had both distance traveled to get to the fight and timing of dropping gloves first that could be used to define him as the instigator. Really terrible job by refs. If that's not instigating, what is?

It is the perfect example of instigating. Clean hit but Wilson has his gloves off right away. As you said Rank officiating.