Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Max Traded to Vegas


HabsRuleForever
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

 

Ugh. No way he should be getting 8x8 from anyone, that's ridiculous.

Yeah. MB would have been shot doing that type of deal. Maybe sheds a little light on why he was so tough to move. L.A. may have balked on that rumoured deal simply on those numbers alone. Essentially makes him a one year rental.  Walsh is a real idiot to negotiate with, so happy it won't be our problem going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i don't like this trade for the return, it did not fill any holes, we just drafted 2 centers, if it were any other team this would be an ok trade, but when you move another key piece of your team and don't fill any holes, your just heading back to square 1 and making this deal pointless, tatar may have played some center,  but essentially hes a winger and Suzuki until he plays a season in the AHL hes really nothing since montreal cant develop anyone properly, would have loved straight draft picks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, maas_art said:

 

Drouin - Tatar - Danault - Plekanec  ?

Drouin 's a winger not a C .

Tatar's a winger not a C

Plekanec should n't even be on the team but it goes to show when the GM likes you

This team was bad before the trade and its still bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

this should factor into MB getting fired

Only way MB gets fired is if we lose the season (which we will) lose the #1 and 2 draft spots (which could happen) and we don't score hardly any goals this year (which will happen). This is what a desperate situation has done to MB. Things may just get worse for the Habs as the season progresses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Totally but centres will be

Kotkaniemi 

Suzuki

Tatar

Plekanic

That way MB can say look we are rebuilding look at all the young talent I got you and Molson will roll over and let him get away with it for at least 3 more years

add poehling. and yes totally possible

8 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Only way MB gets fired is if we lose the season (which we will) lose the #1 and 2 draft spots (which could happen) and we don't score hardly any goals this year (which will happen). This is what a desperate situation has done to MB. Things may just get worse for the Habs as the season progresses.

thats pretty much it. we are gonna bomb this year and if molson has any sense at all he will see that enough is enough. cynically, he is already obviously drinking the MB koolaid and based on these new young guys coming up may give him the chance to see it through

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't understand all the negativity. This is a rebuild move. I thought we wanted to rebuild. When we traded PK everyone said we should have traded to EDM for their prospects, now its not okay to do that? If anything we are even MORE in a rebuild situation. I'm confused by habs fans, guess there is no way to please everyone. 

I like this deal tons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, habsisme said:

I really don't understand all the negativity. This is a rebuild move. I thought we wanted to rebuild. When we traded PK everyone said we should have traded to EDM for their prospects, now its not okay to do that? If anything we are even MORE in a rebuild situation. I'm confused by habs fans, guess there is no way to please everyone.

Problem is this deal could have been done right and still gotten the draft picks and a decent roster player like Huala or Smith which would make up for Max's scoring loss and we wouldn't have lost as much on size and skill either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, campabee82 said:

Problem is this deal could have been done right and still gotten the draft picks and a decent roster player like Huala or Smith which would make up for Max's scoring loss and we wouldn't have lost as much on size and skill either.

I don't think that was ever going to happen. Teams trying to win now aren't giving up good roster players... it rarely happens that way. There is buyer and a seller. We were sellers and we did a good job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Yeah. MB would have been shot doing that type of deal. Maybe sheds a little light on why he was so tough to move. L.A. may have balked on that rumoured deal simply on those numbers alone. Essentially makes him a one year rental.  Walsh is a real idiot to negotiate with, so happy it won't be our problem going forward.

No he's signing long-term in Vegas

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1602006

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

No idea, but I'm happy to have acquired him! Tatar is the throw-in, as far as I'm concerned. He'll probably put up 40-45 points with us. At 27 years old, he probably still has some decent productive years left in him. I'm quite happy to acquire a 2nd round draft choice and Suzuki.

I suspect he was actually negative value rather than a throw-in. He's not a bad player, but the fact he was scratched by Vegas in the playoffs doesn't look good for a 5 million player.  Montreal has lots of money & cap space, so taking a bad contract back to make the trade work makes some sense (and Tatar might have some value).

Wow that Tatar trade looks awful (it was bad at the time and just gets worse).

Overall I'm pretty happy with this trade. I'll consider Tatar a wash since we don't need the cap space. So a 2nd round pick and a first round center prospect isn't bad return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Only way this trade works is IF Suzuki turns out to be a superstar.

Lol. ok.  

6 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Remains to be seen if he gets his 8+mill long term. Likely signs for less in Vegas because of the tax situation but who knows,,,, we've seen some crazy deals this summer, aka Karlson deal in Washington.

Its a weird deal for a trade & sign.  I mean obviously this means Vegas and Max were allowed to talk but its unusual to trade a guy & not have the details worked out in a situation like this.  Usually the new deal is announced almost at the same time as the trade.   And of course, until he signs on the dotted line its certainly possible he wont.  

I suspect they do have something worked out in principal & max will sign but curious to see how long it takes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Lol. ok.  

Its a weird deal for a trade & sign.  I mean obviously this means Vegas and Max were allowed to talk but its unusual to trade a guy & not have the details worked out in a situation like this.  Usually the new deal is announced almost at the same time as the trade.   And of course, until he signs on the dotted line its certainly possible he wont.  

I suspect they do have something worked out in principal & max will sign but curious to see how long it takes. 

Yeah. Might be something as simple as being a limited NTC and they're waiting on the list of teams. It's Walsh though so who knows.

Also likely trying to front load it with the possibility of a new CBA down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I really don't understand all the negativity. This is a rebuild move. I thought we wanted to rebuild. When we traded PK everyone said we should have traded to EDM for their prospects, now its not okay to do that? If anything we are even MORE in a rebuild situation. I'm confused by habs fans, guess there is no way to please everyone. 

I like this deal tons

I think most of us are actually feeling positive about the deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...