Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Weber


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Well he did better than Subban tonight! looks like Subban has a lack of foot speed too!

Agree. Weber played well tonight, and Subban has had a down year. Like Weber, he's also dealt with some nagging injuries, and neither guy has really been as good this season as they can be. Not going to argue with that. Anything can happen, but I think odds are that Subban's next 5 years cumulatively are better than Weber's next 5 though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Weber has played decent the last 3 games. Before that,,, for whatever reason, he's looked off since the break. Maybe he was fighting a flu bug for a portion of that, and possibly he was nursing an injury. Seems to be out of it for now. I agree he likely isn't that elite #1 guy anymore (still is for our situation though) but still a serviceable top 4 that most teams would gladly take. 

As for the cap hit over the next 8 years,,,,, i really can't see him playing those last 3 for the salary he will receive. I would expect to see him pack it in by then, and if i'm not mistaken,,, that becomes Nashville's problem (recapture). A few years down the road he might not be on our top pairing anymore but i doubt his play drops off the planet a la Alzner. Seven mill a year (cap hit) might only be slightly above the average salary for a guy with his skill set as a second pairing D man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Agree. Weber played well tonight, and Subban has had a down year. Like Weber, he's also dealt with some nagging injuries, and neither guy has really been as good this season as they can be. Not going to argue with that. Anything can happen, but I think odds are that Subban's next 5 years cumulatively are better than Weber's next 5 though.

I agree on paper Subban should be better over the next 5 but you never know. Webber could drop off or Subban could lose interest in hockey and become a designer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ramcharger440 said:

I agree on paper Subban should be better over the next 5 but you never know. Webber could drop off or Subban could lose interest in hockey and become a designer?

I think he wants Cherry's job when he's done with hockey.:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I'll say is people need to stop acting like he's actually going to play out the contract, it's completely juvenile. Functionally speaking Weber has 4 more years at 7.8M, if you believe he's going to play for a million bucks at 38 and won't suddenly come down with some back condition and go on LTIR I have a bridge to sell you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Noob616 said:

One thing I'll say is people need to stop acting like he's actually going to play out the contract, it's completely juvenile. Functionally speaking Weber has 4 more years at 7.8M, if you believe he's going to play for a million bucks at 38 and won't suddenly come down with some back condition and go on LTIR I have a bridge to sell you. 

He might already be plotting his retirement strategy with these knee injuries!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Weber looked real bad taking that penalty last night. Was it Teravainen that blew around him?

I didnt see it that way. He was trying one of his 'play the puck' moves - which, with his long stick and good positioning, do tend to work more often than not.  He was inches away from making that play, in which case, no penalty, so i dont think id fault him for the move.  Yes, he's slow but he's built his whole game around moves like that & the usually work pretty well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

I didnt see it that way. He was trying one of his 'play the puck' moves - which, with his long stick and good positioning, do tend to work more often than not.  He was inches away from making that play, in which case, no penalty, so i dont think id fault him for the move.  Yes, he's slow but he's built his whole game around moves like that & the usually work pretty well. 

Yeah kind of reminds me of that play two games ago i think it was when Subban got schooled for a goal. we have to stop picking guy's apart for one play here and there and look at what we are getting overall from them. i am as guilty as anyone else for getting frustrated by one player or another but the good ones come back more often than not the next play or next game with something good. other players take way too long to snap back and really those are the ones that are going to bite us over a season. Drouin had a 17 game dry stretch when we really needed him but a guy like Gally kept us going offensively really we need a bit more of a consistant game from Drouin and Leky and we woulf have the goals we need to win. Once KK has a year under his belt and perhaps another young gun come up next year we will have more balance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...