The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rumours

kinot-2

5 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

And who do you lose 2-3 years from now when you can't afford to sign everyone?   What if JK has the same trajectory as Aho and puts up 60-70pts this year if we don't sign him? Or Suzuki does 50-60 as a rookie?   

If Aho was a winger and had produced those numbers on the wing I'd have zero issue with it.   I already pointed out in another reply somewhere that Domi and Aho produced similar numbers if ice time and PP were equal.     Our need is NOT another C ... it's LD and possibly a top 6 winger.

I wanted to be quiet in free agency. But I did the numbers and if we sign someone big we'll be able to afford our young guys. Basically Tatar is gone, probably Petry and if all our young guys become stars, so is Gallagher. But that means we have 2-3 young stars. 

Aho is a special player. All I'm saying is I'd rather Aho than Duch. 2 million more but you get a truly elite player. 

Domi is 24. He is what he is in all likelihood. Good players but ideally on your second line. 

I'm currently dreaming of (and I know this is unlikely) trading Drouin as part of a package to get Aho, and then signing Gardiner. Instant contenders 

7 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I'm currently dreaming of (and I know this is unlikely) trading Drouin as part of a package to get Aho, and then signing Gardiner. Instant contenders 

I feel like this may be the plan.  I think we are going hard after Aho. And i cant see MB going into next year yet again without a solid option at #1LD. 

23 minutes ago, habsisme said:

Aho is a special player. All I'm saying is I'd rather Aho than Duch. 2 million more but you get a truly elite player. 

Yes if I was being forced to choose between Aho and Duchene, I'd take Aho

I just don't think we need Aho or any forward for that matter.   You mention Tatar being gone ... I like Tatar, 20g guy, controls the puck, intense, competes .. can't ask for more for a 2nd line LW ... 

1 minute ago, HabsAlways said:

Yes if I was being forced to choose between Aho and Duchene, I'd take Aho

I just don't think we need Aho or any forward for that matter.   You mention Tatar being gone ... I like Tatar, 20g guy, controls the puck, intense, competes .. can't ask for more for a 2nd line LW ... 

If we were to offersheet anyone I would want Werenski, Liane or Marner now

1 minute ago, campabee82 said:

If we were to offersheet anyone I would want Werenski, Liane or Marner now

I'm with you on Werenski, but I think Aho is better than Marner, and Laine is risky

Werenski is not going anywhere, Columbus has so much cap space and has lost so much already

Just now, habsisme said:

I'm with you on Werenski, but I think Aho is better than Marner, and Laine is risky

Werenski is not going anywhere, Columbus has so much cap space and has lost so much already

I get that but we don't have to get a centre we do need a top 6 winger

Just now, habsisme said:

Aho can play wing too, so can JK

I wouldn't want to move either of them to the wing. Also I am not saying I wouldn't like him he is a great player but our need is a winger more although you can still move Domi to wing as well and 

Domi-Aho-Gallagher 

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki 

Still look as good as if we had gotten Duchene

5 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I wouldn't want to move either of them to the wing. Also I am not saying I wouldn't like him he is a great player but our need is a winger more although you can still move Domi to wing as well and 

Domi-Aho-Gallagher 

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki 

Still look as good as if we had gotten Duchene

why would you pick Duch over Aho? 

21 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I don't mind trading Drouin for Ago as long as there is an agreement in place for Aho to resign first.

Kinda hard typing with 2 fingers, ain't it? :lol:

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod 3m3 minutes ago

More

Montreal's eerily quiet and there's a lot of chatter (repeat, chatter) regarding their heavy pursuit of Sebastian Aho. Interesting topic to follow...

The longer this drags out the more likely we don't get him.

• H_T_L locked this topic