The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rumours

kinot-2

8 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Friedman yes.  LeBrun no.

LeBrun literally makes things up.    Take Gallagher .. LeBrun tweets out "Contract talks on extension break off" in regards to Gallagher ... other media picks up on it and starts speculating Gallagher won't sign, he's unhappy, we have another Paccioretty situation ... very next day Gallagher signs.     LeBrun's information was probably "Gallagher is taking time to consider the offer" ... and LeBrun reports it as "talks break off".   He's a hack.

But both Gallagher and MB confirmed this. Talks did break off. Both sides were upset.  It was a complete misunderstanding but nonetheless, what LeBrun reported was 100% accurate - he made nothing up there.  People might have overreacted to it, but thats not LeBruns fault. 

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

Sportsnet/CBC keeps sticking Garry Galley on as colour for Habs games ... so it feels like I'm watching  the Bruins colour guy covering non-Bruin games.

Milbury is bad but Jack Edwards is the worst broadcaster in hockey ...If I'm watching a Bruin's game ( not that often ) I turn off the sound 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

But both Gallagher and MB confirmed this. Talks did break off. Both sides were upset.  It was a complete misunderstanding but nonetheless, what LeBrun reported was 100% accurate - he made nothing up there.  People might have overreacted to it, but thats not LeBruns fault. 

Ok that might be a bad example, but in general I find LeBrun to be misinformed and/or fantasy talking.

2 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Ok that might be a bad example, but in general I find LeBrun to be misinformed and/or fantasy talking.

I think some of this stems from his time at Eklund's site.  He was their Habs expert and while he never posted anything nearly as bad as ol' EK, by association he was definitely questioned.

Once he moved to a more legitimate network I havent seen as much concern over his reporting but certainly dont follow it closely enough to have seen everything he's posted/tweeted. 

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think some of this stems from his time at Eklund's site.  He was their Habs expert and while he never posted anything nearly as bad as ol' EK, by association he was definitely questioned.

Once he moved to a more legitimate network I havent seen as much concern over his reporting but certainly dont follow it closely enough to have seen everything he's posted/tweeted. 

Don't think Lebrun ever worked for Eklund. I think you're confusing him with Eric Engels, who now covers the Habs for sportsnet but was the Habs expert on Hockeybuzz for a while beforehand. Personally I have no issue with either Lebrun or Friedman. I like Friedman a bit better but they're both decent. Bob McKenzie is the gold standard at breaking insider information. The guy I don't find as reliable is Dreger. He obviously has a lot of inside info, but he's also a guy who clearly drops additional info for ratings. To my knowledge he's a noted Leafs fan and he seems to love to tease Habs fans by claiming they're in on every single big-name free agent. I think he had Hall coming here, I think he had Tavares and Duchene both putting us at the top of their lists, etc etc. He loves to stoke the fires in that regard and he doesn't do as good a job as the others at sorting out what rumors are credible vs. just reporting every single blob of paint that gets flung at a wall.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't think Lebrun ever worked for Eklund. I think you're confusing him with Eric Engels, who now covers the Habs for sportsnet but was the Habs expert on Hockeybuzz for a while beforehand. Personally I have no issue with either Lebrun or Friedman. I like Friedman a bit better but they're both decent. Bob McKenzie is the gold standard at breaking insider information. The guy I don't find as reliable is Dreger. He obviously has a lot of inside info, but he's also a guy who clearly drops additional info for ratings. To my knowledge he's a noted Leafs fan and he seems to love to tease Habs fans by claiming they're in on every single big-name free agent. I think he had Hall coming here, I think he had Tavares and Duchene both putting us at the top of their lists, etc etc. He loves to stoke the fires in that regard and he doesn't do as good a job as the others at sorting out what rumors are credible vs. just reporting every single blob of paint that gets flung at a wall.

Oof! you're correct!  Old brain :P

37 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Mostly a Portrait artist.  I still do some commercial art but pushing more towards full-time portraiture.

Check the link in my signature if you're interested. 

Would love to see you use your imagination and draw a portrait of Kinot. We could all use a good laugh.