Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2019-20 State Of The Habs


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Well, you do know who the GM is, right? 

Weise is not going to be offered another contract unless it's 1 million or less to play in Laval to serve a purpose and even that is a stretch ...he has played decently for us on the 4th so far but his 2.5 will go to Domi or somebody else ...I've always liked Weise because he and his father are lifelong Hab fans and he plays all out...that and the fact he helped bring Danault to us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Breaking news; CJ is in the hospital in TO, and will not coach the rest of the POs. Stay tuned fro more. 

Follow up from TSN:

"Montreal Canadiens head coach Claude Julien was hospitalized Wednesday night after experiencing chest pains, general manager Marc Bergevin announced. Assistant coach Kirk Muller will take over head coaching duties on an interim basis with Julien not expected to rejoin the team during their series against the Philadelphia Flyers."

"No decision has been made yet. Possible Claude will come back to hotel, more likely he returns home. We don't have the details yet."--Marc Bergevin

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Breaking news; CJ is in the hospital in TO, and will not coach the rest of the POs. Stay tuned fro more. 

Follow up from TSN:

"Montreal Canadiens head coach Claude Julien was hospitalized Wednesday night after experiencing chest pains, general manager Marc Bergevin announced. Assistant coach Kirk Muller will take over head coaching duties on an interim basis with Julien not expected to rejoin the team during their series against the Philadelphia Flyers."

"No decision has been made yet. Possible Claude will come back to hotel, more likely he returns home. We don't have the details yet."--Marc Bergevin

 

Wow. Thats rough.

Wishing Claude & his family all the best and a speedy recovery.  Not always the biggest fan of everything he does but I have always respected him.  

 

Good luck to Muller!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So... What do you think it would cost to pick up Austin Watson and Brendan Lemieux in the off-season? Not saying that they alone would solve our problems (still need that #1 LD and another quality scoring threat) but a couple of big bodied, shit stirring would be nice to have had so far in this series against the Flyers. They’re no Broadstreet Bullies, but they do seem considerably bigger and stronger than us, and it’s looking like they’re wearing us down. Not only can we not skate through them, but despite all of the hitting we’re trying, it doesn’t seem to be phasing them at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

So... What do you think it would cost to pick up Austin Watson and Brendan Lemieux in the off-season? Not saying that they alone would solve our problems (still need that #1 LD and another quality scoring threat) but a couple of big bodied, shit stirring would be nice to have had so far in this series against the Flyers. They’re no Broadstreet Bullies, but they do seem considerably bigger and stronger than us, and it’s looking like they’re wearing us down. Not only can we not skate through them, but despite all of the hitting we’re trying, it doesn’t seem to be phasing them at all. 

 There aren't many teams that are smaller than us anyway so the point is well taken . I just wonder where the team that played the 2nd game went ? ...maybe because Philly is plugging up the ice and are content with low scoring affairs ...and why not because it's working and Montreal hasn't got an answer  ...On another note Drouin and Domi have been completely disappointing ....unless Montreal can find a way to climb back into this series Montreal might have to shake things up ..in the post-season when there's more on the line we see who is playing the right way under pressure and who is not ....the play of Suzuki and KK is something to be encouraged by ....it's not over yet but the light is dimming with back to back shut-out losses 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MTL has played very very well defensively against the flyers.

 

With that said it's time to make some changes!!

Drouin needs to be benched, sent home, burned at the stake........whatever just get him out of the lineup.  Poehiling would be a better replacement at least he plays with heart and plays a 200' game.

Oulette has looked like he is in way over his head, poor decision on pinching very slow and just seems very unsure of himself.  Not sure who we have to replace him if anyone!

 

And finally.................

 

What is wrong with Domi???   Did philly pay him to play this poorly??

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 26NCounting said:

MTL has played very very well defensively against the flyers.

[...]

And finally.................

 

What is wrong with Domi???   Did philly pay him to play this poorly??

 

Agreed, very good defense but outside of game 2, the offense was basically a black hole. I know we hit a ton of posts and crossbars but at some point this can't be about luck anymore, we just aren't good enough offensively and it really shows in a tight playoff series like this one. I don't think the Flyers outplayed us at all, it's just that they're a well-balanced team and find ways to bury the puck, while we don't. And that's what guys like Domi, Drouin, and to a lesser extent Tatar and Gallagher are supposed to do. I really like how Kotkaniemi and Suzuki have played so far, but we absolutely need more from other guys, especially our 'star players'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

They shouldn't be but I just wonder how many players are playing but thinking of covid. 

Or just getting out of the bubble and going home to their families.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Or maybe we're just not that good and Philadelphia is beating us on merit.

I dont think those are mutually exclusive.

I think we're not very good - but i dont think philly is playing particularly well either.  I think we're beating ourselves as much as they are beating us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to be embarrassing for Bergevin that the Bruins lost their starting goalie and just powered through with ease on to the next round. Dallas is playing with their backup and leading the series, while playing a Calgary team that's also riding their back-up. Vegas is playing their back-up as a starter and moved on. Avs have played their "back-up" in 2 of their playoff games and he's got a GAA of just over 1.00. The Canes rode a tandem of goalies to the 5 seed. Jackets rode a tandem to the playoffs too, as did the Pens and Caps to some degree. Hawks played with a goalie whose spent more time on IR than in the net the past couple of years.

You have all these teams without a clear #1 goalie or with injury issues to their #1 and they're all having relative success in spite of it. So it's embarrassing that the Habs can't score goals and are so reliant on Price that they flame out whenever he's not the #1 goalie in the league. Bergevin needs to do a much better job building this team and getting not only offence but more consistent players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Got to be embarrassing for Bergevin that the Bruins lost their starting goalie and just powered through with ease on to the next round. Dallas is playing with their backup and leading the series, while playing a Calgary team that's also riding their back-up. Vegas is playing their back-up as a starter and moved on. Avs have played their "back-up" in 2 of their playoff games and he's got a GAA of just over 1.00. The Canes rode a tandem of goalies to the 5 seed. Jackets rode a tandem to the playoffs too, as did the Pens and Caps to some degree. Hawks played with a goalie whose spent more time on IR than in the net the past couple of years.

You have all these teams without a clear #1 goalie or with injury issues to their #1 and they're all having relative success in spite of it. So it's embarrassing that the Habs can't score goals and are so reliant on Price that they flame out whenever he's not the #1 goalie in the league. Bergevin needs to do a much better job building this team and getting not only offence but more consistent players.

Geez I don't think Bergevin is embarrassed at all ...I think he's proud of the team's effort especially after falling behind on a 5 minute major ..Hart is no slouch either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philly was supposed to steamroll over us on the way to the next round at least that is what many experts were saying before the series. all in all i think we have been pretty good we have some dead weight but we have also shown some real grit so far if we could get some regular scoring from some of our wingers we would be doing great. if you look at it so far we have held this teams scoring down too and they were supposed to be some kind of defensive super team so i am fairly happy with how we have played. i guess we will see how it all ends up but not a lot of analysts would have seen us taking it to 6 games before the series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Philly was supposed to steamroll over us on the way to the next round at least that is what many experts were saying before the series. all in all i think we have been pretty good we have some dead weight but we have also shown some real grit so far if we could get some regular scoring from some of our wingers we would be doing great. if you look at it so far we have held this teams scoring down too and they were supposed to be some kind of defensive super team so i am fairly happy with how we have played. i guess we will see how it all ends up but not a lot of analysts would have seen us taking it to 6 games before the series.

I agree and remember we weren't even supposed to be here. The Pens were going to sweep us.  This team actually has some heart to it. We need to play every game with speed and on the forecheck. I love Gallagher but he (like Domi) need to play on the edge with out taking reckless or stupid (emotional) penalties! If we can play all the games with the same intensity we have a legit chance. I just hope we don't get to a game seven and then play to cautions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gallagher to get a CT Scan this afternoon to examine his jaw which may have been broken last night.

Muller said he "might have to leave the bubble for further tests" so I presume this means they have a CT Scan within the medical set up at the NHL bubble.


Big blow if he does have to leave. Even if he isnt out long term with an injury, it would mean he would have to isolate for a while.     League expected to review the cross check that caused this.   That was Matt Niskanen - Philly's top pairing RHD... so if he gets any disciplinary time off, he may be done for the series. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Gallagher to get a CT Scan this afternoon to examine his jaw which may have been broken last night.

Muller said he "might have to leave the bubble for further tests" so I presume this means they have a CT Scan within the medical set up at the NHL bubble.


Big blow if he does have to leave. Even if he isnt out long term with an injury, it would mean he would have to isolate for a while.     League expected to review the cross check that caused this.   That was Matt Niskanen - Philly's top pairing RHD... so if he gets any disciplinary time off, he may be done for the series. 

Ah man. If Gallagher is unable to go I feel like that would be a big blow for game six. I sure do hope he's fine. He was on the bench, jawing away at Philadelphia after the hit, so... That gives me some hope!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Ah man. If Gallagher is unable to go I feel like that would be a big blow for game six. I sure do hope he's fine. He was on the bench, jawing away at Philadelphia after the hit, so... That gives me some hope!

If its even remotely possible, i think he'll play.  Maybe one of those Pat Lafontaine broken jaw helmet things! 

Only way Gally sits is if the medical staff tells him he has to (or if he absolutely has to leave the bubble for tests/treatment).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, maas_art said:

If its even remotely possible, i think he'll play.  Maybe one of those Pat Lafontaine broken jaw helmet things! 

Only way Gally sits is if the medical staff tells him he has to (or if he absolutely has to leave the bubble for tests/treatment).

Lebrun says that Gally needs a CT scan but won't have to leave the bubble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...