The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Shaw Traded to Chicago

olddude

13 minutes ago, olddude said:

Shaw and a seventh round pick to Chicago for a second and seventh round pick.

Actually we also get a 3rd rounder. (3rd is the following year I believe)

Shaw + 7th 

for

2nd, 3rd, 7th

Salary dump really - i mean none of these picks will help us for several years - which surprises me because he had a heck of a season & I think Julien really liked him but it makes you think we're going to make a few big moves/signings in the next could of days... 

1 minute ago, habsisme said:

The trade isn't a bad one but I liked Shaw. I was willing to trade him for a player. I don't hate this trade but I don't love it either, especially since I think its for Duch

Pretty much what I'm thinking it's for, but you never know.

i liked Shaw just fine but he was one good sneeze away from another concussion i think he was too fragile for us to keep. it will be interesting to see how things shake out. if it is Duchene we will be better he is not my favorite but then again i was not sure about what Domi was going to bring either but it worked out ok. it will depend on money and term, unless we are picking up a couple of players...... what would this team look like with Duchene and Gardiner for the next couple of years? there could be more moves on the way. 

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

i liked Shaw just fine but he was one good sneeze away from another concussion i think he was too fragile for us to keep. it will be interesting to see how things shake out. if it is Duchene we will be better he is not my favorite but then again i was not sure about what Domi was going to bring either but it worked out ok. it will depend on money and term, unless we are picking up a couple of players...... what would this team look like with Duchene and Gardiner for the next couple of years? there could be more moves on the way. 

Personally I think it's Duchene and Kinkade 

Never hid the fact I didn't like Shaw from day one. Too many dumb penalties for my liking,,, although he did cut back on the stupidity last year. Not a great return, but it does clear some room ( assuming MB has plans to use it) and opens up a roster spot for a UFA or one of the kids. I too was concerned about his concussions, so me may have dodged a bullet. All I can say is we better not be starting the year with 12+ mill in cap room. There better be a plan to fill in some holes.

• H_T_L locked this topic